PDA

View Full Version : Import Notes

DaHe
11-30-2011, 07:51 AM
When I export notes from one computer (1) and then import on another (2). Does the current notes on the new computer (2) dissapears or are the new notes just added to the old? If I have a note on computer (2) on Player1 but then import the notes from computer (1) which has no notes on Player1. Will there be a note on Player1 or not?

Guess i wrote this more complicated then it needed to be but here it goes :)

fopah
11-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Export notes feature does not delete the notes. It just makes an importable copy of the notes to be imported to your other computer.

DaHe
11-30-2011, 08:46 PM
But does the notes ive wrote on my new computer dissapear when i import the notes from the old one or are the old ones just added (merged with the recently added notes on the new computer)?

Patvs
12-01-2011, 03:28 AM
If PC1 has a note on player A---> it can only be imported to PC2, if that player exists in the database.
So it's essential you import all the handhistories first. Then import the notes.
If the player doesn't exist--> there will be no note on player A on PC2.

If PC2 already had a note on player A:
If both notes are identical--> nothing will happen and it will just display that note
If one of the notes was empty--> it will UPDATE the note to the note that did contain info.
If one of the notes didn't exist--> importing notes cannot make notes 'disappear'. So it will keep the existing note. (even if you're importing from a notes file where there is NO NOTE on this player)

If both computers had a note on this player: It will attempt to COMBINE the two notes into ONE NOTE.