PDA

View Full Version : Whats this error mean

4entourage
08-14-2009, 02:09 AM
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d databasenew -v "F:\2 - HEM\DATABASES!\DaBase.backup"
pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.11) in file header

Process returned exit code 1.

when trying to restore a database through POSTSQL restore feature

netsrak
08-14-2009, 05:15 AM
This means that you are trying to restore a backup with a wrong version of pg_dump.

I have seen this before, please check this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12925

4entourage
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
This means that you are trying to restore a backup with a wrong version of pg_dump.

I have seen this before, please check this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12925
I went through it - still didnt find anything about that problem - just about other people with different problems on restoring databases... Im bout to smash my fucking comptuer I have never un-installed and re-installed HEM and POSTSQL and different versions so many effin times

fozzy71
08-14-2009, 03:24 PM
This is why I reimport my archived HH files 95% of the time when I reformat or reinstall SQL. I find it is just easier to install clean and point it to my archives and go to bed. Then I just vacuum/reindex and defrag after I wake up. ;)

4entourage
08-14-2009, 03:29 PM
This is why I reimport my archived HH files 95% of the time when I reformat or reinstall SQL. I find it is just easier to install clean and point it to my archives and go to bed. Then I just vacuum/reindex and defrag after I wake up. ;)

Im literally just dumbfounded..... so stressed. I have my laptop working fine.... and no matter what version I use of SQL with the newest version of hem - i get that error message -- I literally have no idea what else to do. And I am not about to mess with the database on the laptop and lose both of them..... Im restoring an old image to my desktop and seeing if I can get something working from that (its about a week old but something is better then nothing I suppose.....)

Well see in a little bit once its done restoring --- or Im going to smash this POS

fozzy71
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
If you need help getting SQL installed and/or connected please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings. The DB Backup/Restore process is NOT 100% fail-proof, so always make sure you keep (multiple) archives of your HHs. I would suggest trying to requet your lifetime hand histories and tourney summaries from any sites you played also.