PDA

View Full Version : Notecaddy stats not working in pop-up

fishyfishboy
11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted this on the releases section (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/156171-when-should-we-expect-notecaddy-stats-work-popups.html#post774981)

I was told it will be faster to get a response if I posted it here. So here it is.

Its good to be able to see notecaddy note stats work in the HUD. However, recently I saw notecaddy notes at the side of the pop up designer but as I drag and drop it to the pop up, I only get a hyphen (-). I was wondering when this will be fixed?

And then...

I don't think you understood my thread. I may have not been clear and I know I made a mistake in the title.

Everything is working. I get notes and pop-ups work. Please look at the pic below. At the moment stats in pop-ups appear as a hyphen (-) instead of giving me the actual notecaddy stat. I just wanted to know when this will be fixed.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8002/cbetpop.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/cbetpop.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Look forward to the response

nilaynilay
11-29-2011, 07:13 PM
This should be working. can you confirm that notes have been taken for this player in cbet wet ip

you can check by going to Tools- Player note history.

if you do have notes but they dont show up in popup pls send me log files to support@notecaddy.com

http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support

melles
12-04-2011, 03:08 PM
nilaynilay If you look at the picture you can see that the notes are taken.

I have the same problem works sometimes but most of the time it doesnt work.
This must be a problem that many people have.

Do you have any eta when this will be fixed?

EDIT: I have just done a reset and imported my hands still problem 2.0.0.5735

nilaynilay
12-05-2011, 01:30 AM
the latest hm2 update should fix this.

melles
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
It still doesnt work with http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/158031-2-0-0-5833-hm2-internal-release.html

At least we can see the nc definition name in the popups instead of the -

Do you have any update when it will be fixed?

sreticentv
12-05-2011, 06:42 PM
5833 is from Friday and this was re-fixed on Saturday. If it doesn't work for you it would probably make an entry on the error icon on your NC processing page.

This is a NC 2.2 feature and until there is a non-internal release, it isn't officially available yet. I say this because there are so many changes to how the HUD works and usually NC is not taken into consideration so I'm always playing catch-up

melles
12-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Sounds great.
Just wanted to make sure you know about it so it didnt get released unfixed.

fishyfishboy
12-07-2011, 08:16 AM
I have just downloaded the latest version v5841 and I still have a few issues.

I have found identifying definitions in the pop-ups is easier because I can now see the name of the definitions in **NC.Definition** form. However, there are still many problems.

The biggest problem now is that pop-ups take literally several minutes to appear. The more definitions a pop-up has the longer it takes for the pop-up to appear. This is despite my very high spec PC (Overclocked Gulftown extreme, SSD, 24gb fast ram etc).

The other problem is that I am still getting a hyphen (-) for note definitions where I do have stats. Even if this is resolved, it will be pointless if the time it take for pop-up with notes to appear is not significantly cut. Please let me know if you still want my log files regarding this?

nilaynilay
12-07-2011, 01:15 PM
The other problem is that I am still getting a hyphen (-) for note definitions where I do have stats. Even if this is resolved, it will be pointless if the time it take for pop-up with notes to appear is not significantly cut. Please let me know if you still want my log files regarding this?

I have been able to replicate this in NC 2.2.1.1 and i am forwarding it to Sreti

fishyfishboy
12-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Just downloaded v5846 and the problem where the pop-ups took a very long time to appear when there are a lot of note definitions in a pop-up is no longer a problem. They are appearing instantly again.

Its just the problem of not having the note stats working now.

nilaynilay
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Just downloaded v5846 and the problem where the pop-ups took a very long time to appear

I wasnt able to replicate that either. the other issue has been fwded as mentioned above

melles
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/138521-holdem-manager-2-0-0-5846-official-release-30-day-trial-2.html
v5846 is now a public release.

Its just the problem of not having the note stats working now.

fishyfishboy and nilaynilay is the stats working now in popups?

sreticentv
12-07-2011, 09:13 PM
They work for me almost every time. Once in awhile they didn't but that has been fixed (at least for me)

Please try to take the latest NC version from http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip

Just extract the files to the folder where hm2 is installed (default c:\program files (x86)\holdem manager 2)

A fix was specifically made for this issue. If you still experience it, a log file would be greatly appreciated:

How to make a log and send it to support (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support)

Keep in mind that on the NC creating notes pages, there is the little warning icon that would give you great info about why they don't show up. If you post/send in that info it can get fixed very quickly

melles
12-07-2011, 09:40 PM
They work for me almost every time. Once in awhile they didn't but that has been fixed (at least for me)

Please try to take the latest NC version from http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip

Just extract the files to the folder where hm2 is installed (default c:\program files (x86)\holdem manager 2)

A fix was specifically made for this issue. If you still experience it, a log file would be greatly appreciated:

How to make a log and send it to support

Keep in mind that on the NC creating notes pages, there is the little warning icon that would give you great info about why they don't show up. If you post/send in that info it can get fixed very quickly

Updated to 5846,
Copy your files in zip to the HM2 folder.

Some notes still doesnt show up in popups.
Do I need to reset/reimport for this to work?

nilaynilay
12-08-2011, 06:36 AM
you shouldnt have to reset. i am going to test this shortly so if there are err logs i will be fwding them and u can send yours to support@notecaddy.com or over here

nilaynilay
12-08-2011, 06:44 AM
I can confirm we still have this and its being looked into.

melles
12-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Any update on this?
When I close the HM Options and open it again and go into Popup Designer all the NC note I have added to the popup have **name** before and after its name.
If I re add the NC note and click Apply it doesnt have any ** but when I restart they are back.

fishyfishboy
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I can confirm we still have this and its being looked into.

I've just sent a detailed email with new screenshots and error log for the attention of Sreticentv before noticing nilaynilay's response.

I removed Holdemmanager2, Notecaddy note definitions, and removed the notestats in the pop-up;
Reinstalled HM2, downloaded and extracted the latest version of Notecaddy and replace into the HM2 directory;
Reimported Notecaddy definitions from fresh and freshy allocated the Notecaddy notes into the pop-up;
And Reprocessed the notes. I still have the same problem.

sreticentv
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
thank you fishy. I am fixing to look at what you and Nilay sent. It's probably something easy but I haven't been able to reproduce it despite all my best efforts. However, once nilay gets involved it becomes an easy fix

nilaynilay
12-08-2011, 10:48 PM
I've just sent a detailed email with new screenshots and error log for the attention of Sreticentv before noticing nilaynilay's response.

I removed Holdemmanager2, Notecaddy note definitions, and removed the notestats in the pop-up;
Reinstalled HM2, downloaded and extracted the latest version of Notecaddy and replace into the HM2 directory;
Reimported Notecaddy definitions from fresh and freshy allocated the Notecaddy notes into the pop-up;
And Reprocessed the notes. I still have the same problem.

i got your email with logs and its being looked into. In my DB it is only happening to some players. one player having 0 at start and end of his name

and it works fine for several other players. have you noticed this also?

melles
12-08-2011, 10:57 PM
For me its working for some players on some nc notes maybe 5-10% of the notes doesnt matter what name they have.
But for most players nothing works.

Seems to work more for when you are playing and doing nc imports, then if you just reset/import from db.

fishyfishboy
12-09-2011, 06:20 AM
i got your email with logs and its being looked into. In my DB it is only happening to some players. one player having 0 at start and end of his name

and it works fine for several other players. have you noticed this also?

Could it because of my hand histories. Since, I haven't been playing much for the last two months more than 95% of my hand histories are datamined and 99% of them are CAP hand histories?

sreticentv
12-09-2011, 07:10 AM
I was finally able to replicate this... on my Polish language test computer. If it were my main comp this would be trivial. Nonetheless I will try to get a fix out today but it will take some extra work. Sorry for the delay

sreticentv
12-09-2011, 07:53 PM
my replication was false. I was actually just still asleep. However, thanks to Nilay's hard work we did narrow it down and it has been solved now. I am working with the HEM team to try and expedite a new release for this issue.

Sorry it took to long but please believe I was literally losing sleep knowing there was a bug like this

melles
12-10-2011, 12:12 PM

After I updated to this.

All my notes gets this after the note [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]

Makes them very hard to read, need to reset/reimport again...

Any ETA on a fix?

sreticentv
12-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Notes are displayed in multiple places. Which place are you referring to?

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 12:48 PM
After I updated to this.

All my notes gets this after the note [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]

Makes them very hard to read, need to reset/reimport again...

Any ETA on a fix?

I just did a full reset and ran thro my db. and i cannot replicate this on popups/main popup/notecaddy mouse over screen

if you send me a def where this is happening i will run it and see if there is something in the desc field triggering this. :- support@notecaddy.com (link to thread)

melles
12-10-2011, 12:52 PM

All places I think.
Under custom popups.
Under default popup.

This "[Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]"
is added to all the notes I have.

melles
12-10-2011, 12:55 PM
I just did a full reset and ran thro my db. and i cannot replicate this on popups/main popup/notecaddy mouse over screen

if you send me a def where this is happening i will run it and see if there is something in the desc field triggering this. :- support@notecaddy.com (link to thread)

Its on all def even the ones that are default with NC as the one above "cbets dry flop".

After I installed http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip I did a reset and import thats when I saw this.

Edit: just mailed the def in the picture to you

melles
12-10-2011, 01:02 PM
something in the desc field triggering this

Its on all def I have. I use a lot of diffrent variables in the description field.

melles
12-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I use filters when I import do this have something to do about it?

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I use filters when I import do this have something to do about it?

http://i44.tinypic.com/euoidi.png

I havent been able to replicate this. what kind of filters are you using. i will be asking for logs but its easier to solve once i can replicate ut

melles
12-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Use filters, checked
Minimum date 11/16/2011
Maximum date 12/31/2011
All sites
All cash games
Games, Holdem, Omaha checked

melles
12-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Is that really the def I sent it should start with R-CB
Thats the grouping prefix for that note.

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 01:27 PM
i took mine from the def lib. will test with the one u sent via email now.

melles
12-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Have
http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip changed since 12-08-2011 when I downloaded it?

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Have changed since 12-08-2011 when I downloaded it?
No afaik
i havent been able to replicate no matter how i try. can you download cbets dry flop from the def lib and run it wo changing the grouping or anything else.

when i ran the def you sent me i got 0 notes for it. i dont know if you are using custom player types etc in it.

when i ran the one from the lib even with grouping changed and filters added it worked fine.

melles
12-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Yea you need to fix "Player types" I use custom player type in "Enemy" Player type.
Just check them all.

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Yea you need to fix "Player types" I use custom player type in "Enemy" Player type.
Just check them all.
lets do this first
download cbets dry flop from the def lib and run it wo changing the grouping or anything else. let me know.

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Just check them all.

ok now i have even tried this and still cannot replicate. i would advise you to wait for the next hm2 release as it will have more indepth logging for NC. Should be out tonite or tomm.
http://i41.tinypic.com/34jc0id.png

the xxx one is the def u attached. the other one is from def lib

melles
12-10-2011, 02:46 PM
I saw this now.
This is not on all players just on some players.
Same definitions but on some players this get added [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I saw this now.
This is not on all players just on some players.
Same definitions but on some players this get added [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]

I better put another pot of coffee then. btw did u try with the def from the library?

melles
12-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Checked more now.
On the players it happens its not all of the notes that adds "[Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]"
But on most of them.

I took down cbets in position from the library it didnt have "[Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]"

But the same definitions on this guy that adds "[Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]"
doesnt do it on other players.

So it should not be the definitions that do it.
This is the same def as I sent to you but on a diffrent player and tehre it works like it should.
It doesnt add ""[Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem] [Medium] [CashGame] [Holdem]"

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 03:57 PM
hmm maybe u can do this. use the history to collate all the hands(for cbet wet flop) for the guy who has all the gibberish

then send me all those along with name of the player and i already have the def

i will create a new db import only those hands and run the def. i should be able to then replicate. once i replicate its easier for me and Sreti to resolve this.

melles
12-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Mail sent.

The def is cb dry flop not wet.

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Mail sent.

The def is cb dry flop not wet.

got it

nilaynilay
12-10-2011, 04:22 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/soydk7.png

Pls send logs and i will have them looked over.

melles
12-12-2011, 12:25 PM
ok now i have even tried this and still cannot replicate. i would advise you to wait for the next hm2 release as it will have more indepth logging for NC. Should be out tonite or tomm.
Any update on this?

I can make logs next time I reset/import but I wont do that anytime soon.
Been doing a 4 days import now and its finally done.
Havent been able to use nc so much always been doing imports/reset/import there have always been something.

nilaynilay
12-12-2011, 12:30 PM
i will get back to you on the new build.

however i have solved a lot of similar cases on tv where i asked them to create a new test db and it worked out fine. what u can do is create a new test db and import only the hands u sent me via email.

thats exactly what i did and it worked fine. if thats the case then its a db corruption with postgres.

Since nobody else has reported this so far i think there is a good chance its a db issue/.

fishyfishboy
12-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey nilaynilay, since you mentioned databases. I just thought I let you know I was using PostgresSQL 9.1 (quite likely 9.1.0.0) and I've just updated it to 9.1.2-1 Win x86-64 from their official site.

It's still not working and I'm still waiting for the latest HM build.

nilaynilay
12-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Hey nilaynilay, since you mentioned databases. I just thought I let you know I was using PostgresSQL 9.1 (quite likely 9.1.0.0) and I've just updated it to 9.1.2-1 Win x86-64 from their official site.

It's still not working and I'm still waiting for the latest HM build.

the issue you had was a bug which was hunted and killed :)

you just wont see it till next release

btw all of you guys can call me nilay

nilaynilay comes from the time when i first tried to make a email acc in college and nilay was taken and a friend suggested just repeat your name

fishyfishboy
12-12-2011, 01:23 PM
the issue you had was a bug which was hunted and killed :)

you just wont see it till next release

btw all of you guys can call me nilay

nilaynilay comes from the time when i first tried to make a email acc in college and nilay was taken and a friend suggested just repeat your name

Thank you, thank you :D I'm just eager to see this new update.

I have an email address that derived back in college too (12 years ago) and my random fishy username derives from a screenname on PKR where I crushed their high stakes games when they first started up and was ultra soft.

melles
12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
i will get back to you on the new build.

however i have solved a lot of similar cases on tv where i asked them to create a new test db and it worked out fine. what u can do is create a new test db and import only the hands u sent me via email.

thats exactly what i did and it worked fine. if thats the case then its a db corruption with postgres.

Since nobody else has reported this so far i think there is a good chance its a db issue/.

I will try a new DB and see if it works.

Any news on why they dont release a new update?
Can we download the update for just NC in a zip file?

fishyfishboy
12-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I will try a new DB and see if it works.

Any news on why they dont release a new update?

Morny two days ago wrote on the 'HM2 Updates Priority List' thread:

Hi, there are some issues with the internal version which is delaying the release, this should be solved soon and then well get a new release out with that fix.

I wrote back and am waiting for a response

nilaynilay
12-14-2011, 03:13 PM

You can download it from http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip Just extract the files from that zip into c:\program files (x86)\holdem manager 2

melles
12-14-2011, 04:38 PM
You can download it from http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip Just extract the files from that zip into c:\program files (x86)\holdem manager 2

Still doesnt work :(

EDIT: Stats in popups doesnt work!

nilaynilay
12-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Did you update your hm2 to the latest internal build? This Bug needed a code change in HM2 as well as NC
the fix is not in the last public released version. however the internal build might have other issues. it is best to wait till hm2 announces the next public build which i think will be in 1-2 days

if u want to update to latest build
http://videos.holdemmanager.com/HMBuilds/HoldemManager2Setup.exe

we had tracked down what we believed was causing this bug. i had then checked it myself and the stats did appear when using the updated internal build of hm2

also did you reset your notes after updating to the new

finally if no joy
can you post a screen shot that shows blank stats in popup while also showing those notes do exist for same player(notecaddy tabbed popup)

melles
12-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Ok, I will wait for public build.
Should be released today if would be in 1-2 days.

nilaynilay
12-17-2011, 09:06 AM
apologize but public build is not in our hands.

but you can try the latest internal
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/164191-hm2-internal-version-2-0-0-5930-a.html

fishyfishboy
12-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Just thought I let you know. I've downloaded v5930 internal. Reset and reprocessed notes and I am not getting any notes within the pop-up or when I click the click the note icon.

nilaynilay
12-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Just thought I let you know. I've downloaded v5930 internal. Reset and reprocessed notes and I am not getting any notes within the pop-up or when I click the click the note icon.

pls send logs to support@notecaddy.com and also mention version of notecaddy if you have manually updated NC
How to make a log and send it to support (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support)

fishyfishboy
12-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Just downloaded v5944 and its all finally working. Thanks for your hard work

nilaynilay
12-19-2011, 12:10 PM

Santa personally came down to our headquarters to give us a hand with this. :)

melles
12-19-2011, 02:32 PM
+1 :)

sreticentv
12-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Super glad to hear this. I'm not touching anything till jan 1st then I will listen to Nilay when he warns me something looks wrong