PDA

View Full Version : Access to replayers equity percentages

Max Power
08-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi,
I found a lot of discussion about AI-EV but nothing about the following. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

My basic question is:
Can I somehow get access to the winning/equity percentages from the replayer window outside of the named window?

1.) Are these percentages from the Replayer window stored in the postgresql Database?
I checked the "Formulas for every HM Stat!"-thread and the postgres-tables itself but I only found a column equitypct in the table allinsituations and allinsituations_hero which seems to be something different. (used for AI-EV stats calculations I guess)

2.) How are the values in the replayer calculated? Do you use a third party tool like pokenum (from pokersource) or sth. like that, or have you written your own calculator?
(I'm curious how you do it, because everything I saw software/database-related about holdem manager looks very well designed/thought-out.
Edit: So I'd like to do it the way you do it.)

3.) Can I somehow access the "calculation method" my Holdem Manager installation uses? (From C# for instance)

Cheers

fozzy71
08-13-2009, 06:10 PM
I am going to forward this to both of the developers for a reply, when they have time.

Max Power
08-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Any news :) ?

fozzy71
08-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Apparently we got our signals crossed, and this is mostly my fault. I apologize for the delay and confusion.

They replied to me via email, but they did not post in this thread, like they typically do. They normally post their replies, and send a copy to my email, but this required answers from each of them, and I think they expected me to post their combined answers.

From Mike:

1. No. Only the all-in EV% is stored.

2. For pre-flop Holdem 2 players, we use a lookup table. for other pre-flop calculations we sample 10k hands. Everything post flop is calculated precisely.

3. You probably could if you used the hmclass.dll.

public static double[] GetWinChances(string[] pockets, string board, string dead, int gameType, bool calculateOmahaPreflopEquity)

is probably what you are looking for.

From Roy:

Regarding #3, hmclass is embedded with holdemmanager.exe so they can't do
that - they'll have to write their own

Max Power
08-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Thx a lot for the info!