PDA

View Full Version : No HUD popping up, is Poker Shortcuts to blame?

+EV
08-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Hello All!

I just got a new computer and am in the process of configuring all my software again. I am not currently seeing any stats on my tables even though I believe I have completely followed all the troubleshooting steps. I may have missed something. Here are the stats and symptoms.

1. I have configured everything in HEM to have the same settings as I used to successfully use on XP.
2. I am running VISTA and installed PostgreSQL on the D: drive (it is a physically different drive not partitioned) in an attempt to let my database run as efficiently as possible.
3. I have successfully been able to set up a database and import hands from it manually when I find and select the files.
4. I have been able to get HEM to successfully recognize the fact that I am sitting at the tables I am playing in the table manager.

However, I am not getting the auto import to work properly (no files found) and I am finding that in the tab where I should be able to select games all cash games are selected and all tourneys are not checked but the whole area is greyed out and I can not make any changes to the settings. I am guessing this might be indicative of part of the problem.

Another difference is that I am running Poker shortcuts and never before specified where my HH folder was before to it but have now done so. I am not sure if this would create a conflict, but aside from only the differences of the operating system and the database location, this is the only big difference I can see from my old setup.

I am using the default HUD configuration as a test.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards,
+EV

PS. I am playing FT and using the standard lobby.

+EV
08-13-2009, 03:46 PM
ok, just noticed that HMHUD.exe might not be running as admin even though HEM is. I will check this tonight and post again if the problem persists.

+EV

fozzy71
08-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Please update to the latest beta from the link in my signature. If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot. It needs to be shut completely off. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 If that doesn't help, please answer these questions. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

+EV
08-13-2009, 08:45 PM
setting HM HUD to run as admin fixed it. I thought that I had tried every FAQ but I guess I was wrong. I must have missed it while I was setting the regular HEM.exe file to run as admin.

Regards,
+EV

+EV
09-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Strange occurrence but the HUD has stopped working again suddenly.

I have checked to make sure that HEM is still run as admin, and I have also made sure that the UAC is off. I am not sure why it is not working but I do now have the problem again that the default HUD has the sections greyed out where you can select what types of games the HUD should work on.

Hand histories are still being imported properly. Table Manager does seem to recognize that I am on tables but reports the tables as having 0 players. Trying to select the tables I am sitting at does not seem to work.

+EV

+EV
09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
I am going to update to the latest version and if it still doesn't work I'll post a list of answers to the standard questions.

+EV

+EV
09-02-2009, 07:48 PM
latest upgrade fixed it.

Thx
+EV