PDA

View Full Version : Can't download FTP after upgrading to the new version

SuperLarry
08-27-2008, 11:57 PM
I really don't know how or if this is an HEM problem, but Full Tilt's support isn't being very helpful.

Anyways, earlier today I downloaded the 1.06.02 self extracting update and installed it. When I did, all of the icons on my desktop flashed and then redrew themselves, except for one: FTP. It was one of those blank, non-specific icons. When I clicked on it, it still worked and connected to FTP.

I restarted my computer, still no dice. All of the other icons were correct. I then uninstalled FTP, and went to their site to download it. I was using Firefox 3 point whatever, which it just updated today. I thought this may be the cause of the problem, so I tried downloading it using IE. Still doesn't work.

The download will start and it just keeps downloading. Firefox told me that FTP was a 14.1 mb file, however it downloads well past that before I cancel it. (it got up to like 19.2 before I cancelled)
IE doesn't say how big the file it, but the same problem. It just keeps downloading. I also tried right clicking to save target as, and have tried downloading it to my desktop as well as the download folder. I'm using Vista.

Since this problem, I've tried to download UB and PS. Both were successful. This makes me think that it is an FTP problem, but I just don't know.

Could HEM have caused this?

(forgot to mention that I did a full virus scan after FTP wouldn't download, nothing was found.)

morny
08-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Downloading HM would definetely not stop another program downloading, can FT not just email you the file since its only 14mb?

The only thing i can think is maybe UAC is causing problems so maybe try disabling that http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73

Hope you get your problem resolved quickly

SuperLarry
08-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Finally fixed the problem. Firefox said the file was only 14.1 mb, when it was actually 20.1. I knew it wasn't a HEM problem, but I thought I should ask.