PDA

View Full Version : HEM keeps freezing

syneze
08-12-2009, 02:31 PM
My old harddrive died so I bought a new one and installed HEM. I'm running the latest beta. Imports work fine, but when I go to any other tab (like cash games, tourney...etc) HEM freezes up. It seems that the import is still working while it's frozen though cause stats are updating on the HUD. The program goes into a blank white window and it says (program not responding) along the title bar.

I was able to get into cash games once when it didn't freeze, but every other time it has frozen. It also freezes on certain menu items like HUD Options -> HUD popup configuration. Please help.

I'm using windows XP SP3.

I found this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14278&highlight=freezing that has the same symptoms but there didn't appear to be a solution

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Make sure you have 1.09 Beta 23a from the link in my signature. Make sure windows update is fully updated. Please try uninstalling any firewalls, antivirus, internet security programs temporarily. Verify that you have the latest version of the microsoft .NET framework. If you have multiple versions/updates of the .NET I would suggest trying to reinstall it.

reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1. Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list
2. Install this one:

syneze
08-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I think you forgot the .NET framework link. That being said, HEM downloaded the .NET framework for me because this is a fresh XP install (as I mentioned, my previous HD died). I'm using .NET Framework 2.0

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 08:34 PM
oops, bad copy and paste job, sorry:

reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1. Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list
2. Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

syneze
08-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I uninstalled 2.0 and installed 3.5. The problem still persists.

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

Rvg72
08-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Does it only do this while auto import is running? If you load up Hm and don't turn on auto import can you duplicate the problem? When you turn on auto import does it happen right away?

Roy

syneze
08-25-2009, 11:59 AM
I've found out what is causing this and it seems kind of weird. I have a triple monitor setup, 2 20" on one vid card and a 30" on a second video card. If I open HEM on any monitor it won't freeze until I click on a different tab other than the import tab. Importing and HUD works fine regardless of what screen it is on. If I open HEM on my main 30" screen it doesn't freeze when I open other tabs. However, if I move HEM onto another monitor (even if it's just slightly overlapping on one of the other monitors) it freezes.

So in summary, HEM works fine as long as I keep it on my main monitor, which is fine by me.

Marcelmarcel
09-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I have a problem running holdemmanager at my second screen as well. I can only run it at my mainscreen (I bought an extra screen yesterday to run hm at :().
If I click any hmbutton when hm is located at my second screen it does not react and it says program is not responding. Can you tell me if there is anything I can do to run hm on my second screen?

fozzy71
09-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I have a problem running holdemmanager at my second screen as well. I can only run it at my mainscreen (I bought an extra screen yesterday to run hm at :().
If I click any hmbutton when hm is located at my second screen it does not react and it says program is not responding. Can you tell me if there is anything I can do to run hm on my second screen?

I can't think of anything that would cause that. I have dual monitors on my desktop. Is yours a laptop? Vista?? W7? Have you made any other hardware changes? Video Card perhaps? Make sure your Windows auto updates are fully updated and update your video card drivers. If none of that helps I will probably ask the developers for some assistance.

Marcelmarcel
09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I have a desktop and i'm running windows XP. Stuff is updated. I have a 30inch screen and a 19inch widescreen (portrait mode). Assistance would be welcome, thanks in advance.....

fozzy71
09-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Rvg72
09-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Hi, as Fozzy said this is really unexplainable! Try updating all of your windows updates, grab the .net 3.5 Microsoft Framework and update your video card drivers. Also make sure you don't have any other software running that might try to work with or modify programs that are running like some kind of auto window resizer type program

Roy