PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when trying to Install postgresql?

TimmayB
08-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I purchased HEM earlier last night. Just got my activation code today and everything was going good. Download postgresql to my desktop as told. Can get to the screen shown in the installation guide where I select a language. However, when I click next I get this message:

""The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Help plz. TIA.

Edited for running Vista.

Speedlimits
08-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Bump! I received the same message, "Verify that this exists."

TimmayB
08-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Anyone? Trying to start a session but would like to get this setup first.

Speedlimits
08-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Anyone? Trying to start a session but would like to get this setup first.

No one knows! :(

TimmayB
08-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Can someone give me some help please?

Speedlimits
08-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Can someone give me some help please?

Allegedly they have people scanning these forums...rofl. guess not

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Sorry about that. netsrak is out of town on business this week, and I had to go help my brother with a flat tire so was away for a bit. It normally doesn't take more than an hour or 2 to get a reply here.

""The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Help plz. TIA.

Edited for running Vista.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73

The reason you are most likely getting the error is because you downloaded holdemmanager.zip and double clicked it, which opened a window where you double clicked the setup file. You can not run the setup file that is in the archive (.zip) until you extract the contents.

Right-Click on holdemmanager.zip > Extract to \holdemmanager

That will create a new folder, called \holdemmanager. Open that folder and run the setup file.

Once you have 1.08.04 installed, please update to the latest 1.09 beta 23a from the link in my signature.

Speedlimits
08-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry about that. netsrak is out of town on business this week, and I had to go help my brother with a flat tire so was away for a bit. It normally doesn't take more than an hour or 2 to get a reply here.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. If it is on, please turn it off and reboot. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73

The reason you are most likely getting the error is because you downloaded holdemmanager.zip and double clicked it, which opened a window where you double clicked the setup file. You can not run the setup file that is in the archive (.zip) until you extract the contents.

That will create a new folder, called \holdemmanager. Open that folder and run the setup file.

Once you have 1.08.04 installed, please update to the latest 1.09 beta 23a from the link in my signature.

What does "Use whatever value it shows here" mean for the account domain name?

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Can you be more specific please? I don't understand what you are referring to, or wanting me to see at the link you quoted. Is this a step in one of our FAQs? What is the FAQ#? or direct link?

Speedlimits
08-12-2009, 08:58 PM

Ok I'm on step 9 and it says "the specific data directory is not empty,

If you have an existing database, with the same major version number, you do not need to initiate a database cluster. If you have an existing database with a different major version you need to backup your database and create a new one."

TimmayB
08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I am now making to to step 6 of the installation guide. When I try to use "postgrespass" as my password [other any other for that matter], it gives me this message:

"Invalid username specified: Logon failure: Unknown username or bad password"

Please please please someone help. I want to get this down by tonight.

TimmayB
08-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Bump. Trying to setup before night session. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help.

fozzy71
08-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Bump. Trying to setup before night session. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease help.

Sorry I had a few things to take care of this evening away from the PC.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com software using all the default settings.

If you can email w/in the next hour I will take a quick look at it for you. Otherwise you will need to email fabio@holdemmanager.net to try and schedule something for tomorrow during the day.

TimmayB
08-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Sending e-mail now stick around please I already have TV installed.

fozzy71
08-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Start teamivewer and email me the ID and Password

TimmayB
08-13-2009, 01:55 AM
E-mail sent.

TimmayB
08-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Restarting now and e-mailing new PW.

TimmayB
08-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Sent.

TimmayB
08-13-2009, 02:10 AM
????? what happened. e-mailing new password.

fozzy71
08-13-2009, 02:11 AM
As soon as I tried typing a message teamviewer locked up.

Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

TimmayB
08-13-2009, 02:12 AM
I already have it installed. What is going on? Try it again please e-mailed now password.