PDA

View Full Version : HM not enough capacity on C-drive...

Crazy_dog
08-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Hi HM

I have a problem with my HM. There is simply not enough room for the hands on my c-drive, which of some weird reason is very small :-( (C-drive is 78 gb and my d-drive is 500 gb)

The HM manager is installed on my c drive, as I am a total computer-fish, and had no ideas that was a stupid solution, so did just as I always do - push 'next' or 'install' without giving notice to all the details :-S

But what do I do know - do I have to re-install on D and loose all my hh's, or is there som smart way to export the holdem manager database to the d-drive... And trust me I have a lot of hands on the pc, so that is going to be a loooong project to reimport those hands.... There is imo no doubts that this is what the problem is to my C-drive... I have no games or big stuff besides OpenOffice and Windows (vista) on the C-drive...

Best regards
CD

Djay
08-12-2009, 09:02 AM
I think HEM always exports to a folder on the install location. But if you uninstall HEM and reinstall to D:/ the postgres database should still be there and you should be able to just open that?

Also...if you archive you HH's (i belive HEM sorts the HH's nicely in subfolders) you could just copy the archive to a folder in d:/ - reinstall to d:/ and import the hands all over. (If its 250k+ hands i suggest doing this at nigthtime)

netsrak
08-12-2009, 09:07 AM
The thing which needs lots of space is the postgresql database.
You can move it: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=101
but be careful and make a backup before you start.

And you can also reconfigure the HM Auto-import settings to move the files to a new folder on d:

Crazy_dog
08-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi again

Right now I am trying to backup/restore as I guess was the solution u were pointing at in the link.... It has been backing up for at least half anhour now.... Is it a very long process (or am I doing something very wrong)? (got data on somewhere between 10-20m hands - if that has any influence)

Best regards
CD

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 09:47 AM
That many hands will take a long time to backup.

You can probably reclaim a lot of HD space from postgresql if you turn off the logging that is on by default and delete all your log files.

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

- Start > My Computer > C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\data\pg_log, if you have 64 bit Vista. Delete all files in that folder. And it might be a good idea to empty your recycle bin at that point, or use a 3rd party utility like CCleaner to clean up all your junk/temporary files. You want to do this before you get to the vacuum and defrag process.

netsrak
08-12-2009, 09:51 AM
For 10-20m hands the backup and restore process will need some hours ...

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Getting rid of all the log files before the backup process should save some time, as well as data space. Not sure if it is possible to stop the backup process though, once it has started. :(

I have seen log files take up anywhere from 25% - 75%+ of a \data folders size. I did one yesterday that was an 8gb \data folder, and I deleted 6+gb from the \pg_log folder. :eek:

Crazy_dog
08-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Did the log file thing - gave me 2,5 gb - and will start the backup/restore process when I go home from 'work' :-) and then it has about 10-16 hours to backup!

Btw really appreciate the help!

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 10:21 AM
You are welcome. Please let us know how things work out for you during the rest of the process.

Crazy_dog
08-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Hi again

Now I really messed it all up... I came to the office and saw that it was on the start menu, and I had to write my password... So apparently it had restarted during the night because of some windows updates :eek: I got really angry at everything and decided to remove the postgres so i could start all over again... first from the control panel... and then reinstall ... didnt work... then I found out that postgres was still on my c-drive so I deleted it there as well... pushed install... didnt work ... then I found out that there was still a user under my userpanel called postgres ... deleted that one ... didnt work either ... I am totally lost... Can u guys help me out... Eventually u could use that control mechanism where u can go into my computer and see what the problem is ( and fix it)???

best regards
CD

Crazy_dog
08-13-2009, 06:06 AM
maybe i figured it out ....

Crazy_dog
08-13-2009, 06:24 AM
I did :D

fozzy71
08-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I did :D

:cool:

If you have any more problems or questions please let us know.