PDA

View Full Version : I need some major help with this I think...

SuitedEights
08-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by SuitedEights View Post
As soon as HEM loads it gives me this message
"An error occurred when retrieving the player list: ERROR: XX000: compressed data is corrupt"

Is this something an export/import will fix, or is it something more?
Try creating a new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=146

And import some of your archived HHs. If the new DB works OK, you can export your entire old DB, and import that and your archives to the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afm...aspx?faqid=173

If the new DB has similar issues, it may require a clean installation of PostgreSQL. If you have problems or need assistance, please start a new thread on the HM forums so we can assist you better.

Ok, so I tried exporting/importing, and nothing worked. So I went in and uninstalled postgreSQL so I could do a clean installation. Now when I'm trying to install, it's asking for a password for the "database superuser and service account (postgres)." No password I use works at all. It also won't let me just click "next" to move on. I've read how to reset this password, but I've already uninstalled postgres. I had also cleaned the files out of the program files, but restored them to see if I could access the pg_hba.conf. I opened up pg_hba.conf in PSPad to change the "md5" to "trust" however, everything already says "trust" at the bottom. "md5" isn't located anywhere in the .conf file either. I don't know what to do.

netsrak
08-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Before you start the next postgresql installation you should delete the windows user postgres:

- Open a command box via Start menü (or type Start->run->cmd)
- enter: net user postgres /delete

after this you can start the installation again

SuitedEights
08-12-2009, 04:36 AM
done. thanks

TPayne
01-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Before you start the next postgresql installation you should delete the windows user postgres:

- Open a command box via Start menü (or type Start->run->cmd)
- enter: net user postgres /delete

after this you can start the installation again

I'm having the same problem but when I go to enter that command in the cmd I get this.

"System error 5 has occured.

Access is denied."

The user account I am on is an administrator so I'm not sure why access would be denied. What do I need to do? Thanks.

netsrak
01-31-2010, 12:57 PM
You need to start the command box as administrator from the start menu: right click -> run as administrator