PDA

View Full Version : failing after trying to fix postprefs.txt

huge
08-11-2009, 11:46 PM
As of yesterday HEM was working fine, except that it would occasionally give me the "can't write postprefs.txt" error (sorry, can't remember the exact sequence of error messages). I saw an instruction to run HEM as Administrator to fix the problem, so I tried that. It brought up a database login screen, so I entered the password and continued. After that, no hands seem to be imported, the Table Manager comes up and shows the tables I have open, but the HUD won't start. If I have two tables open sometimes one of them gets dropped from the table manager. If I exit HEM and try to run it normally (without clicking Run as Administrator) then things get even worse ... Table Manager only opens for a second before closing.

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
1.09 beta 23a

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
Only play on Pokerstars

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
Yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
I believe so.

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
Yes

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
I don't think so. Auto import is running but always says "no new hands found"

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
Don't know.

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
I don't think this is relevant to my problem - Table Manager finds my tables.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
Yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
Yes

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
no

netsrak
08-12-2009, 03:36 AM
You need to start holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe (which is the table manager) as administrator

J0FF4
08-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I have UAC turned off and the above error 10% of the time, seeing i can't run as admin, waht do i do?
Never mind ill try that admin thingy

netsrak
08-12-2009, 09:02 AM
You could also try to close hm, delete the file via windows explorer and restart HM.

This will generate a new pospref file and you will have to reconfigure your HUD positions.

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 09:51 AM
5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
I don't think so. Auto import is running but always says "no new hands found"

Cash or Tourney? PLO or NLHE?

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
Don't know.

Please try - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
I don't think this is relevant to my problem - Table Manager finds my tables.

Table Finder and Table Manager are 2 different things. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
no

Please follow the instructions in that FAQ and post the config file:

9) Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder.

If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager. To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

huge
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Cash or Tourney? PLO or NLHE?

Please follow the instructions in that FAQ and post the config file:

Only Tournaments, only NLHE.

I've attached my HoldemManager.config file.

I was already running everything as Administrator, and UAC is off. (I'm running Vista Ultimate)

Thanks for your reply.

fozzy71
08-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com software using all the default settings.

huge
08-14-2009, 05:15 AM
Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com software using all the default settings.

Sorry I didn't reply to this faster ... I decided to uninstall and then reinstall HEM, and everything seems fine now. I made sure to run the installers as administrator and that the .exe files are set to run as admin now. I got one new funky error popup, but it doesn't seem connected to any problem or symptom. (Just looked it up - it's the "Exception Thrown in Destructor" message - sounds like it's not big deal. I've only seen it once)

Thanks for the helpful replies - I'll be back here if I run into the problem again...