PDA

View Full Version : NoteCaddy 2.2 - Consequences will never be the same

sreticentv
11-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Please note that for HM2 version 2.0.0.5735, NoteCaddy 2.2 is not fully deployed yet. Please wait for the next build before trying new features or at least if you can't wait, please don't report bugs yet!

This blog post contains all the information about it.

AssaultWare blog: NoteCaddy 2.2 - Consequences will never be the same (http://assaultware.blogspot.com/2011/11/notecaddy-22-consequences-will-never-be.html)

Please ask any questions here and I will try my best to give good answers

bluetail
11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Thank you, badges are a fantastic idea! Very helpful

It would be useful if there was a way to set different minimum instances/ opportunities for 1) a note to be created and 2) a badge to be created.

Or even better how about File -> New -> Badge Definition, where we could combine note caddy rules with our own minimum instances/ opportunities to generate custom badges directly in the HUD. This would truly be next generation auto rating.

sreticentv
11-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you for the kind words and the recommendation. This is actually already possible. You just need to create the badge from a color definition. There you have the "notecaddy notes" tab and you can set the min/max there which works independently from the min/max you put in the definition itself. Kind of complicated but gets the job done. Don't try it till the successor of hm 2.0.0.5162 is released though

WantAWatch
11-30-2011, 11:10 AM
and if u want a badge but u dont want to color code people who would receive that badge you just click 'exempt from color coding' ?

smoothjazz
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
I checked the scatter option and reset the note,but I didn't see anything special.

sreticentv
12-01-2011, 06:24 AM
and if u want a badge but u dont want to color code people who would receive that badge you just click 'exempt from color coding' ?

correct

I checked the scatter option and reset the note,but I didn't see anything special.

Please note that for HM2 version 2.0.0.5164, NoteCaddy 2.2 is not fully deployed yet. Please wait for the next build before trying new features or at least if you can't wait, please don't report bugs yet!

smoothjazz
12-01-2011, 06:38 AM
The version I have is HM2 - 2.0.0.5735

sreticentv
12-01-2011, 06:45 AM
is that the official release or did you grab it from the video server?

WantAWatch
12-01-2011, 06:48 AM
same version for me. When you go to holdemmanager.com and download the trial thats the version
but its not a very new one, its like 5-6days old

sreticentv
12-01-2011, 06:52 AM
ok my mistake, 5735 won't have it either. I updated OP. I always instantly have the newest code but mine says 5164 since I run directly from the development environment. I see 5735 came out 7 days ago so that 100% can't have 2.2 in it. To be sure, go to your NC tab and click help->about NC. What version does it say there? I know I just finished testing/deploying 4 days ago though

WantAWatch
12-01-2011, 06:54 AM
2.1.0.0 :) It's all good buddy, we just have to wait a few more days to finally play around with 2.2 :P

smoothjazz
12-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Can u make a video or article for how to configure a badge?
For example.....
I want to make a 3bet badge which shows player's 3bet percentage is 30% higher than avg.
thx~

sreticentv
12-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Article + 12 new default badge definitions coming tomorrow

smoothjazz
12-01-2011, 08:28 AM
thx a lot~~~
It's really cool!

bluetail
12-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Where are the icons that are used for badges stored on my computer? I'd like to design my own icons and replace them.

Also how do we add more icons for badges? At the bottom of the badge drop down there is a "file..." option, is this something that doesn't work with my version 2.1.0.0, but will be supported with 2.2?

Many thanks

nilaynilay
12-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Where are the icons that are used for badges stored on my computer? I'd like to design my own icons and replace them.

Also how do we add more icons for badges? At the bottom of the badge drop down there is a "file..." option, is this something that doesn't work with my version 2.1.0.0, but will be supported with 2.2?

Many thanks

correct. i am copy pasting from the article linked in OP

There are 15 default icons that can be used for badges but you can feel free to add your own. Just expand the drop down and on the bottom there is a "file..." option.

smoothjazz
12-05-2011, 02:38 AM
after a couple of days ,so ..........?

sreticentv
12-05-2011, 08:18 AM
That was said under the assumption that HM2 does a new release which hasn't happened. When it does, I'll publish everything

smoothjazz
12-05-2011, 10:02 AM
That was said under the assumption that HM2 does a new release which hasn't happened. When it does, I'll publish everything
I do have the HM2 2.0.0.5833 with notecaddy 2.2.1.1.
I found a bug .
By checking click for stat popup option , caddy scatter can't show up .
And I have no idea how to use the scatter.

WantAWatch
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
where did you download that version? I still have 5735 with nc 2.1

Snoddas
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Check out: HM2 Internal Version Update 2.0.0.5833. (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/158161-hm2-internal-version-update-2-0-0-5833-a.html)

Edit: Don't update. It introduces bad bugs. Read http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/158031-2-0-0-5833-hm2-internal-release-2.html.

melles
12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Updated to Internal 5833 also most of my NC notes are gone need to reimport again :(

sreticentv
12-05-2011, 06:44 PM
By checking click for stat popup option , caddy scatter can't show up .

when you select that option you lose the note hover over popup where scatter appears. It is replaced by that tabbed control. That one needs to stay small so there is no room for the CaddyScatter there

smoothjazz
12-05-2011, 08:12 PM
when you select that option you lose the note hover over popup where scatter appears. It is replaced by that tabbed control. That one needs to stay small so there is no room for the CaddyScatter there
so what you mean is you can't use caddy scatter if you enable click for stat popup option.

bluetail
12-07-2011, 09:08 AM
There are 15 default icons that can be used for badges but you can feel free to add your own. Just expand the drop down and on the bottom there is a "file..." option.

I have NC 2.2.1.1 but when I click Badge > File I don't get any options to add my own badges. For our own badges, what format do they need to be and where do we place them on our computer?

sreticentv
12-07-2011, 09:10 PM
The file for badge broke it looks like.

Please try to take the latest NC version from http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip

Just extract the files to the folder where hm2 is installed (default c:\program files (x86)\holdem manager 2)

A fix was specifically made for this issue. If you still experience it, a log file would be greatly appreciated:

How to make a log and send it to support (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support)

To answer your question, it needs to be 16x16 and can be png (highly recommended) or gif

I will try to put the article regarding the new stuff tomorrow. I have been much busier than I thought I would be

nilaynilay
12-08-2011, 11:39 PM
The file for badge broke it looks like.

Please try to take the latest NC version from http://www.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.latest.zip

Just extract the files to the folder where hm2 is installed (default c:\program files (x86)\holdem manager 2)

A fix was specifically made for this issue. If you still experience it, a log file would be greatly appreciated:

How to make a log and send it to support (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support)

To answer your question, it needs to be 16x16 and can be png (highly recommended) or gif

I will try to put the article regarding the new stuff tomorrow. I have been much busier than I thought I would be

Badge file works for me.

bluetail
12-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Badge file works for me.

Latest version solves the problem.

If we are using Color Definitions to create badges for the HUD, is it possible to have multiple badges created for one player? I know that one player can only have one color, according to the priority of our color definitions. Does badges "priority" work in the same way.

Im assuming also that if we create badges from Note Definitions then we can have have as many badges as we like showing up in the HUD?

Thanks

sreticentv
12-09-2011, 08:52 PM
That is a good question. Creating badges through color definitions will cause there to be a badge for each match - unlike when you color code. So if someone meets criteria for 2, they would get both badges.

Im assuming also that if we create badges from Note Definitions then we can have have as many badges as we like showing up in the HUD?

This is correct but badges are never limited in quantity as indicated previously

sreticentv
12-11-2011, 10:53 AM
New article published to the blog AssaultWare blog: NoteCaddy badges in detail (http://assaultware.blogspot.com/2011/12/notecaddy-badges-in-detail.html) gives details about the new default badge definitions as well as a quick tutorial on how to make your own.

smoothjazz
12-11-2011, 11:59 AM
New article published to the blog AssaultWare blog: NoteCaddy badges in detail (http://assaultware.blogspot.com/2011/12/notecaddy-badges-in-detail.html) gives details about the new default badge definitions as well as a quick tutorial on how to make your own.
TKS for the article about bagdes.
Could you also make a article to introduce how to read the scatter graph?

nilaynilay
12-11-2011, 12:08 PM
TKS for the article about bagdes.
Could you also make a article to introduce how to read the scatter graph?

I think Scatter is pretty well documented in the prev article on same blog
AssaultWare blog: NoteCaddy 2.2 - Consequences will never be the same (http://assaultware.blogspot.com/2011/11/notecaddy-22-consequences-will-never-be.html)

ManuC
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I try the new notes definitions for the badge.

It seems it create mostly badges with negative percentage.

IE: "Call steal -61% weaker than average"; and yes this guy as 82% Fold to Steal so he calls... stronger than average. And his CaddySpark shows he plays strong this line, and wins some BBs..

What I'm missing?

WantAWatch
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
cant find the profitable in 3b pots badge, i only find ch w/ strong hands in 3b pot, what am i doing wrong? :)

Ignatz
12-11-2011, 10:44 PM
The Steals Hero's Blind Badge gives many false positives, even when the player has made no Steal attempts.

ManuC
12-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Also, Donk bet flop weak is a [PF] rule?

nilaynilay
12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
The Steals Hero's Blind Badge gives many false positives, even when the player has made no Steal attempts.

i can take a look at this if u send a hh and the def to support@notecaddy.com

I will let Sreti address the rest.

sreticentv
12-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Also, Donk bet flop weak is a [PF] rule?

That was fixed in the digest now

The note should link to a hand. Please post one or more of those hands

cant find the profitable in 3b pots badge, i only find ch w/ strong hands in 3b pot, what am i doing wrong? :)

It's listed as $winrateversusaverage more profitable than average in 3 bet pots that saw flop

I try the new notes definitions for the badge.

It seems it create mostly badges with negative percentage.

IE: "Call steal -61% weaker than average"; and yes this guy as 82% Fold to Steal so he calls... stronger than average. And his CaddySpark shows he plays strong this line, and wins some BBs..

What I'm missing?

The 82% is not factored in and the fact that he wins isn't factored either. It is merely the cards he has shown. If he does so relatively strong it is that the average player does so 61% stronger.

Ignatz
12-13-2011, 09:43 PM
[The Steals Hero's Blind Badge gives many false positives, even when the player has made no Steal attempts.]

I fixed this myself. I set the actions pre-flop which were left in their default form in the badge definitions.

sreticentv
12-14-2011, 06:05 AM
thank you. I updated it in the definition digest as well

Ignatz
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
thank you. I updated it in the definition digest as well

Yes, but I think you still need to restrict the positions to Cutoff, Button, and the blinds.

sreticentv
12-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Indeed and tyvm. The progress of NoteCaddy depends on people like you who give clear reports like this :)

bluetail
12-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Displaying multiple badges in the HUD, I would like to specify in which order they should appear. Is there a simple way to set priority for badges?

sreticentv
12-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Should be if you set the priority in the definition or color definition that would work

WantAWatch
12-20-2011, 07:18 AM
i just reset notes and let it run again, the potsizebet-line in the caddy scatter in on the left side
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/cattyl.jpg/)

nilaynilay
12-20-2011, 09:21 AM
i just reset notes and let it run again, the potsizebet-line in the caddy scatter in on the left side
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/cattyl.jpg/)

what game type is this and what stakes. also is this hero or villian and mostly datamined hands or self played

WantAWatch
12-20-2011, 10:43 AM
what game type is this and what stakes. also is this hero or villian and mostly datamined hands or self played

NL Holdem, player in the picture is villain and mostly self played hands. That villain is not the only one that shows the line on the left, plenty of others as well.