PDA

View Full Version : HEM stats PROFIT is not equal to ACTUAL PROFIT

asusual33
11-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi all,

I've been playing on PartyPoker since early this month. I've imported all my hand histories and surprisingly the "profit results" HEM shows is not equal to the "actual profits" I made.

I ALWAYS do BRM properly. I know quite precisely the amount I had on my account before I started playing this month as I write it down every time. Also, I know how much I have won from other "sources" such as bonuses, and rewards. Furthermore, pokerprolabs and sharkscope shows similar "profit results" I had in mind as my "actual profit" instead of the "HEM results".

I've been using HEM along with my Pokerstars' hand histories for more than a year and never ever had any issues with it until I started playing on PartyPoker! Please someone help me.. This is very frustrating!

Thx in advance

Greetzz

Patvs
11-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Do you most play STT/MTTs on PartyPoker?
Do you play on (cashgame) Jackpot tables?

Do you have winnings from freerolls, or from MTTs during the Fiesta MTT week?

When you go to Tourney--> Results--> Dataview--> are there any incomplete games?

Check your archive folder if you actually have ALL your PartyPoker handhistories.
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
And try reimporting them into a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

asusual33
11-26-2011, 08:12 AM
Thx for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I've played STT exclusively on PartyPoker. No winnings from other sources except bonuses.

I seem to have ALL PartyPoker handhistories as it is similar to pokerprolabs and sharkscope.

There were only 10 gamens "Not Finished" which were 8 games from the $3 STT Limit and $2 from $6 Limit. If I assume I've won all of them that would be sth like $162. (1st place $3= $13.50 and for the $6=$27)..

The problem is that according to my calculations which is pretty correct (PartyPoker Support admits my calculations seems to be correct too).. is around $400?! gap difference between the profit HEM shows me and the "actual profit".

I will download and install your latest HEM update and will follow your instructions.. I'll let you know if it has solved the problem.. Thx a lot once again..

asusual33
11-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Thx a lot.. The update did the trick ;).. I assume it was the "PartyPoker Rake Fixed" that solved this problem...

asusual33
12-01-2011, 03:15 AM
Meehh.. :) Like I said, it's working quite properly but I have encountered another "bug".. So I had updated my HEM then made new folder named "PartyPoker" and imported all these hand histories. HEM profit results were ok until I had checked out and deleted my other folders such as "Pokerstars" via "pg Admin 3".. Because once I went back to my "PartyPoker Import Folder" and imported some recent games "HEM Profits" got skewed" again! :s

So I decided to update HEM again, make new folder, and then import all these hand histories. After that I decided not to go to any of my other current import folders. But just now I imported some of SNG games I had played a few hours ago and the same thing happens again "HEM profits" got Skewed once again!!!

Thx in advance

Greetzz

Patvs
12-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Are you playing a mix of EUR, USD and/or GBP tables?
Or are they all played on the same currency?

Are the results of your recently played SNGs accurate if you only import them into a new database?
Are you using ANY tourney results filter?

asusual33
12-02-2011, 12:03 PM
No, although my account currency is in EUR I never play other currencies than USD.

Yes, that seems to be the case.. Today the same problem occurred again. Yesterday, I updated and made a new folder, and then imported all SNGs I had played that day.

Today, I've finished playing some SNGs so I imported them to the same folder I created yesterday. Results: $ graph from HEM is skewed again.

It's easy to notice if it's skewed again as I'm very aware of my $ graph LOL. I know pretty much always how each sessions went (up or down in $$$ :)) and my poker balance on PartyPoker confirms it too..

So I had to do all the steps again of updating my HEM, creating new folder and then importing my SNGs from yesterday And today.. Results: $ graph is correct.

I usually look at the default which is:
Buyin- 0 to 100
# Players- 2 to 40000
Speed- All Speeds
Game- Al Games
Tables- All

But of course I also filter it mostly changing only the "Buyin filter" or the "Filter by date".. Aside from that, I'm also aware when I change it so I'm pretty sure that isn't the cause..

I hope you can help me out as this is becoming quite annoying..

Thx a lot in advance

Greetzz

olliepower
12-03-2011, 12:56 AM
Hi,

Just to be sure, you are creating a new database and re importing your SNGs. Then a some time later, when you go to import more of your SNGs your results are not showing up correctly. Is this a correct understanding of what is going wrong?

This sounds like your database is corrupting regularly. How old is your HD? Does your computer frequently lose power while you are importing hands? Both of these can cause your DB to corrupt. Also let us know what anti-virus/firewall you are using.

asusual33
12-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Hi,

Sorry for late reply..

Yes. that's about it.. but surprisingly :), it has been working properly for a fews day now.. It seems to be perfectly OK now.. So I'm happy :D..

I think it was because after I updated my HEM I noticed that each time I went to a different "import folder/database" via database management and then started those folders HEM then pop-ups a window stating that it's making a big update (different from the 1st update) and it might take a long time depending on how large my database is etc. That's when I experienced those incorrect HEM results..

I haven't received those pop-up windows for a few days now and that's also when everything seems to be working properly again..

Anyway, what's HD? I've purchased HEM for about a year now and never had any issues with it using it for Pokerstars. Then, no I've back-up UPS.. Lastly, I'm using Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 Paid Version..

Thx a lot

Greetzz

Patvs
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
HD = HDD = harddisk / diskdrive.

It's possible the database update corrupted the database.
When you created a new database in 1.12.x, no database update will be performed, but it will already automatically use the new database structure.

Kaspersky actually does often cause problems, read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/127/Using+Kaspersky+Internet+Security+2010%3F+

asusual33
12-09-2011, 05:04 AM
ah ok :)..

thanks for the link.. I really appreciate it ;)..