PDA

View Full Version : FTP lagging?!

iconnect
08-11-2009, 12:28 PM
ok so over the past week or so ive been having this problem with full tilt. Ill start up a session open 10-12 tables and start playing and sometime within an hour it will start lagging to where i cant see my hole cards. I have no idea why its doing this. Usually i have a bunch of other programs open while im playing but the last few days ive closed everything except ftp and holdem manager and its still happening. My internet connection is fine and i tried reinstalling ftp along with vacuuming my holdem manager database. Any ideas?! Thanks

iconnect
08-11-2009, 12:28 PM
im starting to think its a holdem manager problem, i just 16 tabled for 15 min without holdem manager and no lagging at all...

netsrak
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Since the last FTP update there are some issues with the access time of the handhistory files in the ftp folders especially when you are rejoining tables during a session.

Workaround is to move the handhistory files manually from the ftp handhistory folder to another folder (like the archive).

iconnect
08-11-2009, 02:01 PM
thats all i have to do and holdem manager will run fine? i wont lose any hands?

netsrak
08-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Normally they were imported before.

To make sure you can import them from the new folder again via import file or import folder

fozzy71
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
To be sure you get them imported, you will want to cut them from your HH folder, and paste them to a new folder on your desktop. Import From Folder. Then move the files from your desktop to your \HMArchive folder.

iconnect
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
ok i did everything except for the last part, where is the \HMArchive folder located?

fozzy71
08-11-2009, 06:36 PM
It depends where you set it up at. Typically we suggest you use C:\HMArchive.

The path can be verified 2 different ways:

Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Select > Edit > Archive Folder: _____________

Or go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config and open holdemmanager.config

Approximately around line 39 you should see:

<setting name="LastArchiveFolder">C:\HMArchive</setting>

iconnect
08-13-2009, 04:07 AM
so i have to copy and paste these hand histories while im playing if i want to see the stats from the most recent hands?! there has to be a way to fix this for real.

netsrak
08-13-2009, 04:36 AM
This was only a one time workaround.
Please update to beta 24 and i hope this will be fixed.

Please come back if you still have problems with this beta.

iconnect
08-13-2009, 03:00 PM
ya i did the beta update and its still happening.....

iconnect
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
???

netsrak
08-14-2009, 05:03 AM
I'll forward it to Mike but i don't thnk we can do much about it ...

netsrak
08-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file so that i can have a look into it.

iconnect
08-15-2009, 06:16 PM
here you go

netsrak
08-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Looks good for me.
I experience some Lags when playing on a FTP after a while too (since the FTP update). The hands are imported some minutes after they were finished.

What happens if you deactivate the Prefetch feature? Because it costs lots of CPU time.

Patvs
08-16-2009, 06:35 AM
It's a problem with the Full Tilt software. Some pics of common problems with the new software:

One-Card-Holdem
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/381/clipboard01syt.jpg

In-the-Dark Allin Holdem
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/relderretep/wtf.jpg

Blank Lobby Bug
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/989/ftpupdatesucks.jpg

There was a new software update August 13 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/ftp-answers-8-13-a-558571/).

Today's update was for bug fixes. Mostly crash bugs and Standard View bugs, but one big one that should be fixed is the "half cards at showdown" bug. If you come across that again, let me know and we'll look into it.

Not fixed yet:

c. Tables getting into a bad state - This seems to be affecting players who mass multi-table. When it happens, tables stop showing cards correctly and the client usually needs to be restarted to clear it up. We're working on this, but given how rare it seems to be we're having difficulty reproducing the problem so we can get to the bottom of it. If this is happening to you, it would be helpful to PM or email me with some details about the issue. Details like what kind of computer/operating system you have, what you were playing, how many tables you were playing, and what other software or mods you had running at the time.

d. Tables not popping to front for Hold'em Manager users - We're in contact with the Hold'em Manager developers to see exactly why this is happening to some users. If this is happening with other HUDs as well, let me know.

e. Blank lobby - This is the issue where you run the client once and it's fine, but then when you close it and restart every bit of text is gone. We think this is a Hold'em Manager issue as well. If you have "Import from Sub Folders" checked in your Full Tilt auto-import rules and your import path is "C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker" (or wherever FTP is installed for you), Hold'em Manager seems to be going into the "Lang" sub folder of Full Tilt and moving all of the language files as if they were hand history files. Which means the next time you start up FTP, there is no text anywhere. You should be able to solve this by not having that checkbox checked (or by pointing directly to your HandHistory folder) until the Hold'em Manager guys release a patch to fix it for real.

iconnect
08-16-2009, 10:01 AM
where was that posted? should i sent ftp an email?

fozzy71
08-16-2009, 11:39 AM
where was that posted? should i sent ftp an email?

My guess would be it was posted in the thread he linked:

There was a new software update August 13 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/ftp-answers-8-13-a-558571/).