PDA

View Full Version : Installing HEM on Thumb Drive

absoluthamm
08-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey,

I have been using HEM for a while now, but I was wondering about this. I know that it comes with two licenses, but I was wondering if it is possible to install HEM on a thumb drive because I play a lot of the times on the go at Internet Cafe's and such, and I would like to be able to use it. I have not tried because I don't want to attempt it and then use up my other license without knowing. What I would like to do is install my one license on my thumb drive, along with my database(which I already actually have on there) and then just plug that one into whatever computer I am on, just because I travel so much. That way I would only be using on of my licenses, but there would only be one instance of the software working at once because the thumb drive would always be what I would run it from. Thanks in advance for the help.

fozzy71
08-10-2009, 07:51 PM
I am pretty sure that HM must be installed on an actual machine. The DB could probably be put on a thumb to be shared, but the performance would likely be bad.

absoluthamm
08-11-2009, 11:52 AM
I have my DB on a thumb drive right now and I've never noticed an issue with the performance, maybe because it is a better quality flash drive? I know I was able to install the trial of HEM on my flash drive and it worked, but like I said before, I am kind of cautious about doing it with my licenced copy just because I don't want it to screw up and then have my 2nd licence to accidentally be paired with an internet cafe computer that I'm never going to use again, ya know?

netsrak
08-11-2009, 01:10 PM
You will need to reset your license everytime you run it from a different computer because the license is combined to some hardware specific informations.

But you can reset the license on your own with our new registration system: http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration