PDA

View Full Version : god hm2 is so painfully buggy

jagga7
11-24-2011, 03:19 PM
How long does it take for the hud to come up? it jst keeps saying waiting for hands? When it was working before mucked cards dont show either. Any ideas why?

jagga7
11-24-2011, 03:21 PM
oh yeh also tournament results dont track properly either

jagga7
11-24-2011, 03:37 PM
Its such a piece of shit software it jst crashed everything while im playing

are refunds possible???

KlaSun
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I can't believe the software was released in the state it is in. I could barely get import to work, there's bugs everywhere, I won't even start listing them because there's seriously multiple anywhere you click.

Performance is awful, mine keeps crashing and it takes forever to load anything.

udbrky
11-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Use one thread for your posts. Going back and forth creates delays.

I cannot find any emails or crash logs you sent in with this email address. Give us crash logs and we can find the reason it crashes.

Where is:
My log file
7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

piet51
12-01-2011, 05:56 AM
I like to see a poll where people can give their vote on "Are u happy with HM2 right now and do u think HM2 is end-user ready "
Where , on this forum , I can make such a poll

Piet

Barlin63
12-01-2011, 07:33 AM
It is painfully buggy and so slow.. I had a meeting with Chris Udbrky which I appreciated much but because he had no mic I had to type all the bugs I have found in Skype(!). I have stopped bashing the development team because it will change nothing but I was amazed that there are so many bugs they cannot reproduce or are not even aware of. All the time we need to send log files etc but I would suggest that they start playing on real tables themselves.

It is not tested or at least not that good (No bonus for the test team) and is too slow to work with. This together with the cultural issues (dates does not sort, hands are in random order) it is impossible to analyse your tourneys in a proper way. The HUD looks nice and seems to work but I would not recommend this product right now to anyone. It is a waste of money.

morny
12-03-2011, 02:24 AM
This is mostly a copy and paste from the other thread because a few of the people that posted there also posted here and the concerns were the same:

Thanks for the feedback guys, were not putting our heads in the sand and denying there isnt still some bugs out there, we just released another version now with over 50 updates/fixes/features in the releases forum, were continuing to quickly solve any remaining bugs and im not trying to downplay issues people are having but it would be really helpful to start a new thread with a list of the issues affecting you. A lot of the issues i see mentioned are bugs that have been since fixed or issues specific to your configuration that can cause the problem and may not be a bug.

Once you list out the bugs we can get them tested, documented and fixed quickly. Feel free to email me on pmorny@holdemmanager.com and ill work with you personally on those bugs or you can use the support system here or via email.

We fixed an issue with tournaments not updating and its available in the new internal release in the releases forum, that was a nasty bug to track down for our devs and was obviously creating a headache because people thought it just wasnt updating tournaments when in fact it was a refresh issue. Anyway i can understand everyones frustration and hopefully over the coming days and weeks we can show you how committed we are to solving everyone's issues quickly.

This was a complete re-write from HM1 and the reason we choose that route was there was so many things people wanted that HM1 didnt have the capacity to do but once we get these remaining issues sorted the sky is the limit with what HM2 can do and i think people will really appreciate that. I also realize that some people dont want all the fancy bells and whistles and right now our focus is completely on making things completely solid with all the functionality that HM1 had and a lot more and then build from there.

denetomtom
12-03-2011, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the update Morny Im sure we all do appreciate the hard work behind the scenes it just gets a little fustrating sometimes.

Anyway good work

Barlin63
12-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Morny,

Thanks for the update and I guess we all appreciate the hard work and the effort the team puts in HM2. Please do a search on my name and you will find the most painful bugs on a plate. The speed (or lack of) combined with the cultural issues (should be nr 1 prio) makes it almost impossible to work with because the grid goes wild after every edit action. I had a type call with Chris and he noted most of the issues I have so I expect that these are passed to the development team.

This is exactly why I asked for a (not so limited) bug/issue list so that we can see what you are working on so that we hold our horses for a while. Please publish a complete issue list with the priority state so that we don't have to send and resend our issues over and over again. I guess that after all we have been through you owe us that at least.

ren99
12-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Its really a shame that you guys have released this software. This software as its current state is in alpha state. Early beta at best.

It is just wrong to charge us money and then ask us to send in log file / bug reports at every turn. That is not how a retailed software works. Your customers are NOT your beta testers.

There are bugs every where I click in this software. Every single thing I have tried to do has resulted in a bug and I have only tried to do 4 things with this software.

1) I tried to work out street by street HUD. Not working as confirmed.
2) I tried to import my hand history file of about 10 mil hands. It imported about 4 million and took up about 30 GB of space on my SSD drive. Then it crashed. Upon reboot, database button says database is using 10GB of space. But my SSD is still short of about 25 GB.
3) I tried to design my own HUD, but there is no way to put the name of the player the HUD belongs to. A quick google search and this shows as a confirmed bug in another thread.
4) I launch HM2 to start a session. It freezes my Pokerstars + HM2 for about 30 seconds before everything starts working.

What did you guys charge me for?

I really should be paid for my time wasted to use this "retailed version".

ronaldst
12-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I have to agree with the previous posters that HM2 is in a serious bad shape right now. Most worrying of all is the performance issues. Multitabling is horrifying on PS right now. The lag and delays I am experiencing with HM2 together with NoteCaddy and TableNinja is unbelievable. Playing any more than 12 tables is not possible without going insane.

My computer is solid. Much better than the average and is by far no bottleneck for your software. It's a Intel 1366 i7-950, 12GB DDR3, GTX560Ti and SSD running on Windows 7. Database is a total of 6GB and I have to believe that's a rather small size compared to what HM2 is supposed to handle.

Quite frankly I am disappointed. It's not only HM2 either, NoteCaddy got its fair share of issues too and if any criticism is given on their forums my posts get deleted seconds after.

I have to say though, I have not experienced any crashes since last update.

hundenapf@gmail.com
12-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Multitabling is horrifying on PS right now. The lag and delays I am experiencing with HM2 together with NoteCaddy and TableNinja is unbelievable. Playing any more than 12 tables is not possible without going insane.

Quoted for truth. I am having the same problem. I have paid for the full upgrade to HM2, also bought Notecaddy in addition and trying to use it with 12 table the lag I get on Tableninja commands is seriously tilting me, sometimes it takes seconds to even register anything and then I hit the key for a fold/bet command again and suddenly the lag is over and another table gets the command. This is really unplayable in the state it is in and I would like to emphasize again that it is not professional to use your paying customers as beta testers.

udbrky
12-05-2011, 01:21 AM
We need more info about lag.

What ribbon are you on while playing? When is it showing? How frequently?

Have you added all the programs you are using to your firewall? ESPECIALLY Table Ninja and holdemmanager.exe.

The lag is fixed for most people, so now we need to find out why it's not for everyone.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2_2.0.0.5833.exe

I will have sarek look at this for the street by street HUD.

If all hands did not import, we need a backup of your HM1 DB to test. For now, import from c:\hmarchive.

If you were importing and restarted, there are probably files in your importing work folder still. Please run a program like tree size free to track down where the space is being used and by what. I use this at least once a week and find a lot of things in folders I forget about and need to delete.

After updating, does the lag happen if you turn off note caddy?

What about Table Ninja?

We need to narrow it down and find out what is causing the trouble.

Please send us log files.

Where is:
My log file
7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

piet51
12-05-2011, 05:29 AM
with NC on there is still high CPU usage ,
it jumps van 5 to 20-34(range) every instance

If NC is disabled CPU usage is stable ( 2-7 )

morny
12-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi Piet, thanks for the feedback, are you using 5735 or a newer internal version?

Go to start > run and enter taskmgr and go to the processes TAB and check what % of CPU Holdemmanager.exe is using
How much is it using when idle, how much is it using when playing, if you go to the ribbon and click stop hud does the % it uses lessen?

Go to hud options > and untick show notecaddy notes and reboot, any difference.

Please provide as much information as you can on what your doing when the CPU issues happen so we can narrow down whats going on.

You can also email me on pmorny@holdemmanager.com and i can followup with you to get to the bottom of this

ps the cultural issues are already top priority, as you can see some of them have already been fixed internally and as soon as we get this cpu issue fixed we will release the cultural fixes with it.

morny
12-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi,

Were looking for feedback from anyone with performance issues, can you please download this version and let us know if your still getting CPU spikes with this, please test with notecaddy off (untick show notecaddy notes in Hud Options) and with it on. If you are still having issues please give us as much details about when your getting the issue. Were continuing to work on this internally as there are still some issues but this solved the problem for 95% of the tech team and we need more feedback from the public.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2_2.0.0.5841.exe

Update: we found the issues for the remaining CPU issues and will have a new release in a couple of hours

menlol
12-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree with the critique in this thread. However, I do think the software is ok for daily use. What I donīt get is how it can take so long time to fix all these bugs, u release a lot of updates but everytime they lack what I look for, fore example the possibility to view your own TOTAL stats in the hand replayer.

morny
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi, its actually on the priority list here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/145251-hm2-updates-priority-list.html

The next release will be well over 50 updates followed quickly by another one with the cultural fixes (we didnt want to put them into this build as the potential for side issues was higher with the cultural issue so we deferred it to the next build to do extra testing) but even with that amount of bug fixes we dont expect to please everyone but well continue to release more updates as soon as we can.

ren99
12-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Hi, its actually on the priority list here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/145251-hm2-updates-priority-list.html

The next release will be well over 50 updates followed quickly by another one with the cultural fixes (we didnt want to put them into this build as the potential for side issues was higher with the cultural issue so we deferred it to the next build to do extra testing) but even with that amount of bug fixes we dont expect to please everyone but well continue to release more updates as soon as we can.

Why dont you fix all these bugs first before releasing this software as a retail product?

hundenapf@gmail.com
12-06-2011, 06:22 AM
It has been 4 days now since I bought this software and 10 hours later first requested a refund. I was told I would be contacted by a corporate support manager named Jeff Miller which has not happened yet. I am getting impatient and do not want any further support but just my money back and to go back to things as they were before with HM1. Is that too much too ask or are the sales and refund practices as dubious and untrustworthy as this product release itself?

I have been a loyal, happy and very quiet customer of HM1 for years now but my anger in regard to this issue boils over and I will become more and more vocal about it on forums now. This is simply unacceptable, taking money from customers for an unfinished product, next asking them to work on the beta testing for you by sending logfiles, making screenshots and explaining errors. You people should pay your beta testers to do that and not the other way round that we as customers pay and then have to work for you to make your product usuable! Next then you are delaying a simple refund request for days and days? What is going on there?

piet51
12-06-2011, 06:40 AM
I have been a loyal, happy and very quiet customer of HM1 for years now but my anger in regard to this issue boils over and I will become more and more vocal about it on forums now. This is simply unacceptable, taking money from customers for an unfinished product, next asking them to work on the beta testing for you by sending logfiles, making screenshots and explaining errors. You people should pay your beta testers to do that and not the other way round that we as customers pay and then have to work for you to make your product usuable!

I agree , HM2 is NOT end-user ready

morny
12-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Hi Hundenapf, we only received a request for a refund from you to our sales department yesterday, i received a copy of this myself, we replied within 5 hours that it would be forwarded to the corporate manager, we do provide a 30 day free trial to evaluate the product but when you request a refund we have to go through an internal process which is not instant. Unfortunately you emailed around US evening time and Jeff should deal with your request shortly. Im sorry for any inconvenience you experienced

hundenapf@gmail.com
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Me starting this thread was a clear refund request: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/157981-help.html and I have additionally mailed to the sales adress as soon as I have been made aware of it so my initial request is 4 days old already and stop saying sorry all the time. Instead you should start paying back your disappointed customers.

You are constantly asking for logs, screenshots and further explanations of bugs and acting as if that is good customer service. This is not what it is, this is turning your paying customers into unpaid employees to perform testing for you and it is a clear abuse. You should at least offer us free software for that if not monetary compensation because you have clearly already saved a lot of money by releasing an unfinished version and having your PAYING customers do all the debugging work for you. Stop saying sorry and start adopting sound business practises again beginning with offering immediate refunds and making the software free to the customers that help you making this software usable.

morny
12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks, for further reference we dont process refund requests via the forums as we have no idea what your account details are to make a refund to, we only deal with support issues here but can usually point you in the right direction if your not aware of that, for any sales related issues please contact sales@holdemmanager.com

Barlin63
12-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I completely agree with Hundenapf and in other post I have given your organization until 9 December COB ET to fix the problems. If the problems are not fixed by then I want my money back or get paid for the time that I have put in testing.