PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker - Hud Crashing

ShaunHunting
11-24-2011, 01:07 PM
My HUD is crashing after playing about 1 hour on 888/Pacific Poker. It *seems* to happen whenever I open a 10max table that is short-handed, but only after I've been playing for a while. It does not happen if I open a short-handed FR table early in my session.

Once is crashes, I cannot get it to work again without rebooting my computer. The HUD icon still appears in the system tray, but I cannot left click or right click on it. I have tried manually terminating the HUD process and then relaunching the HUD multiple times, but to no avail.

At the bottom of the HUD window, it says, "scanning table - tablename.hh" but seems to get hung up on this process.

I am running the lastest HEM version 1.12.06 on Windows 7. I upgraded to this version the other day because I thought this might fix the problem.

Thanks for your help.:)

BotOnTilt
11-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I've been having that problem for over a year.

Here is some previous discussion about the issue:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-bugs/34815-hud-freezes-ipoker-5.html#post573001

(yes the title was Ipoker but its mainly about the 888 hud)

So there are several people who experience it, also I was told that its due to the Antivirus / Firewall as I use Norton, but I don't really believe it as someone in that thread didn't have an antivirus software and still experienced the crash.

I was thinking it was due to my computer, but my motherboard broke down last summer and I had it replaced and did a complete reinstall of everything (also switched from Vista or Win7 32-bit to Win7 64-bit). As the crashes continued I don't think its something that we could resolve on our own. I did submit screen shots and detailed descriptions last spring, but was just told its my antivirus so hopefully it might get fixed if more people report about it.

ShaunHunting, for me its tough to say when it will crash. At times when I join a shorthanded fullring table it will crash as soon as the first hand has been completed (and HEM would fetch the stats). I think its much more frequent in the Jackpot tables, but I think I have had it happen on a regular fullring table too (btw Jackpot tables are 10-handed while the regular FR tables are 9-handed, but I can't move the stats in the 9-handed games without it changing also on the 10-handed tables). Even though a table that crashed the HUD will always crash it immediately again if I just re-start the importing, I can sometimes join the table later when there are more players. I have also tried just leaving the table and then taking another seat, but it doesn't seem to prevent crashes. At times I can start a table and have it become full without experiencing a crash, so its really tough to know how to exactly reproduce it.

I know its extremely frustrating and unfortunately it pretty much means I can't start fullring games there. My advice would be to always keep task manager open when you play, sort it according to CPU. Then and as soon as the HUD freezes:
1. The HMHUD.exe will jump to the top in the task manager taking all your CPU and you can kill it.
2. Stop the import in HM
(3. If you do not know which table causes the crash, start the import again and you'll see the table name in the table manager window - this will obv crash the HUD so you need to repeat steps 1 & 2)
4. Close the table which causes the crash
5. start the import.

After you have closed the table that causes the crash you can play normally. I've never experienced these crashes on tables that were full, however at time I'll never be able to join a table that crashed on me - even if I go on a waitlist. I assumed this might have been due to some issues in the HH's, but even if I delete the tables HH's in the folder that pacific writes too the table may still crash once I join it again.

If you happen to have a really soft table there is trick you can use, i.e. you could start importing to get the hud stats on the other tables, and then stop the import before you join the table that will crash the hud. Obv this sucks since you don't get stats on the crashing table and your stats won't update on the other tables but at least you have something.

Patvs
11-25-2011, 04:21 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator.** Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off.** If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

**do the same for the main 888poker.exe file

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

---

Run a manual Windows update. Update Windows 7 to service pack 1 and install ALL .net framework updates.

Also try using a NEW database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

Zografa
11-25-2011, 06:32 PM
same problem for me:
i use 1.12.06
win7 64bit and ive done the steps above and this problem ONLY happens on 10max 888 table if i play 6max its ok
p.s i try this without firewall and antivirus and i got the same result

Patvs
11-26-2011, 12:26 AM
set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States) and reboot

which postgresql version are you using?
Did you try using a new database?

BotOnTilt
11-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Patvs, do you know if there are any issues with HM2 and Pacific? Was just thinking that the steps you mentioned are quite time consuming so I might just as well move to HM2 if that is known to work correctly with Pacific and not have any other major issues...

Zografa
11-26-2011, 08:26 AM
i use 9.1.1 and as i said this is happening only on some talbes - i play 6max without a problem and even some 9 max but if a problem table appears - nothing can save the hud from crashing - i even deleted the HH file and it works that way until the new file gets created...

Patvs
11-28-2011, 01:46 AM
When this happens, can you email us the handhistory file of that table.
(I'm hoping a player with an unusual player name triggers the crash)

Either a player with special symbols in his nick: !@#$%^&*(, but it can also be a player that has a word like fold, bet, check, or a number 1000, 1500 in his name.

Patvs
12-03-2011, 06:21 AM
shaunhunting/zografa, do you have players with unusual player names when the HUD crashes at the tables?

Examples:
__Spirit__
mad4888

Zografa
12-03-2011, 07:54 AM
i dont really know cuz not much action is going on these tables right now but yeah, probably i had some nicknames like these

Zografa
12-20-2011, 05:50 AM
ok it happened again and i have the HH now where to send it?

netsrak
12-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

kamachos
01-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

any progress on this?, I have had the exact same issue for ages, tried all suggested solutions with no results, only quitting the FR tables helps

netsrak
01-05-2012, 07:19 AM
We have no open issues for this.
HM 1.12.09? http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extensions turned off.

BotOnTilt
01-09-2012, 02:38 PM
What? I PM'd several times with Patvs, could you check with him?

This is what he said last time after I sent him several hand histories with the hands before the crash, hands that crash the hud and hands from the table when it no longer crashes the hud.

from our last PM:

"Try 1.12.08
I created a bug ticket + attached handhistories with your previous handhistories.
I don't think the ticket has been addressed by the developer and is fixed in 1.12.08."

I'm currently on 1.12.08 but will update. I'm experiencing the issue with this release. I can update after I've tried .09 but if you haven't made any changes to Pacific do you really expect it to work?

Its a very annoying problem, and I've pretty much stopped starting games since often the table will start crashing my hud once more players join.

Patvs
01-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Bugticket is number 3706

BotOnTilt
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Is this something you are actively looking at? I mean Pacific is now the 4th largest network according to Poker Scout. I realize that this only affects fullring players but this is a huge issue for those affected, not like some VPP's getting calculated incorectly or similar stuff that I constantly see being fixed in the updates.

Is there anything we can do to help? I get kind of frustrated that I'm continually told to play without a firewall and to update to the newest build... Certainly I can help with sending more HH's if that's what you need.

Maybe it could be possible to have the crashing a bit more user friendly, currently its awfull when all my poker tables freeze and I have to go to the task manager to kill the HUD. I mean if just the importing for the affected table would stop untill the hands can be imported correctly it would certainly help a ton. (i.e. I would only be without hud on one table instead of all tables freezing untill I kill the HUD process).

Patvs
01-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Go to hud options--> table preferences--> turn on logging

Next time this crash/freeze occurs email us the log file from the HoldemManager folder.
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs folder

BotOnTilt
01-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi! Any progress? Should you need more logs let me know.

Patvs
01-25-2012, 05:33 PM
It's still an unresolved bug on the to-fix list.

Did you try the HM2 trial? Email sales@holdemmanager.com and request a temporary HM2 license since you're experiencing this bug with HM1.

Zografa
02-01-2012, 09:36 AM
anything about this? its happening with higher frequency for me now please fix it...

about getting HEM2 - it is still unusable for me..

BotOnTilt
02-01-2012, 10:22 AM
I haven't tried HEM2 yet as I've heard there are numerous issues, did buy it though but I appreciate your offer.

I guess I might have to try out HEM2 then, I can't imagine it working much worse as those crashes are incredibly annoying.

Zografa
02-14-2012, 09:07 AM
bump... are you guys planning to do a fix or what? it takes you ages...

Patvs
02-15-2012, 12:24 AM
This is still unresolved on the to-fix list.
(Bugticket #3706 )

ynot
02-22-2012, 12:46 AM
This is still unresolved on the to-fix list.
(Bugticket #3706 )

I am having the same problem where HEM freezes and this makes all my table freeze as well. The only difference for me is that it happens on all networks, all sorts of tables and I dont think it is directly connected to the HUD. I have tried to play both with and without the HUD while HEM is auto importing and it crashes anyways.

I am pretty sure this is a problem with the import and not the HUD. I even tried to reinstall windows vista on my computer and set it all up from scratch and I still have the same problem. Please fix this! I have been playing without a HUD for months now.

netsrak
02-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

ynot
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

done

netsrak
02-23-2012, 05:46 AM
The only possible problem i see in your configuration is the name of the archive folder. It contains spaces.
Please change this to a folder with only standard characters like c:\hmarchive and try again.
If that doesn't help are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

ynot
02-23-2012, 09:23 AM
The only possible problem i see in your configuration is the name of the archive folder. It contains spaces.
Please change this to a folder with only standard characters like c:\hmarchive and try again.
If that doesn't help are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

Not sure why it is called HEM ARCHIVE in the file, since the actual folder is called HMArchive. I have changed that now and will try again.

No firewall, spyware, adaware etc.

Zografa
03-18-2012, 12:46 PM
hey guys, i use mainly pacific and microgaming and now BOTH networks are having problems with HEM1(DONT TELL ME TO USE HEM2 PLEASE!).

are u planning to do a fix soon? microgaming support is total mess now and pacific is still forcing my hud to crash on some tables(issue that is reported like 6 months ago)

wtf? is this what i paid for?

Patvs
03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
The same issues exist for HM2 as Microgaming changed their handhistory formatting.

Try: HM1: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10_13Mar2011.exe

HM2: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm2_2.0.0.6470.exe
(if a bug exists in HM1 preventing you from playing, but it works in HM2, we're not forcing you to upgrade. Email sales@holdemmanager.com and request a temporary serial for HM2, so you can use it until the issue is fixed in HM1)

Zografa
03-19-2012, 07:34 AM
the last patch is not working for me - HEM is stopping at initializing and wotn go past that... also pacific poker full ring tables still causes crashes

Patvs
03-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Run dbcontrolpanel.exe and check if you can start HoldemManager by creating a new database.