PDA

View Full Version : What's a proper way to import this?

Sempronius
11-24-2011, 05:54 AM
I've got 1 million fresh hand histories recently, and want to create new DB without the old ones.
And I want to re-import my own hand histories to keep tracking on my own performance. 1 million seems to have some of my hands already (most of them without holecards). 1 million and my hands have different timezones, so the same hand may have same game number, but different timestamps.

I tried importing 1 mil first, than my hands from HMarchive. It went messy - I still see my hands without holecards and my hands with wrong timestamps.

Questions

1. What should I do to accurately import 1 mil and my own hands (I also can export them from old DB)?
2. I there a way to solve different timezones problem? Let's say I want import 1 mil like "it have different timezone, so please adjust timestamps when importing"? Or maybe at least full DB timeshift?
3. What happens when I import same hand with different timestamp and with holecards - does hand history that already is in DB update itself?
4. What if I delete some hands from Reports - does this affect HUD stats? So if not - do they count twice for HUD stats when I re-import them?

Patvs
11-24-2011, 06:31 AM
(1)(2)(3) If you import a hand without holecards--> and then reimport the same hand with holecards--> the info (of the holecards) will NOT be updated.

The hand will be recognized as a duplicate hand.
Similarly importing the same hand with different time stamps--> the time won't be updated. Only the time stamp of the first hand will be used. (because the handnumber of both hands is the same)

So to get all your hands in the database:
-Try setting up a adjust import times: options--> settings--> adjust import times
-Import the archive folder first. (since all the hero hands in the archive folder will have holecards)
-Consider to re-adjust the adjust import times again before you import the 1 million hands.
-Then import the 1 million hands.

(4) when you import a hand twice--> it will be detected as a duplicate hand, so the hand will only he used ONCE for the HUD stats. There are two types of purges (delete):
-options--> settings--> purge hands (will delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats)
-options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> will delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD.

Sempronius
11-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Great answer, huge help!!!

5. Does deleting hand from "Reports" (by right-clicking on a hand and selecting "Delete selected hands")

delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats
or

delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD
?

6. Am I clear that after "-options--> settings--> purge hands" of SOME hands all corresponding players HUD stats will be displaying accordingly to reduced amount of hands. If, for expample, we purge every hand of some player, HUD will display ZERO stats on that player.

4 again. So if I purge the total way some hand and then re-import it - will it be treated like duplicate, thus completely ignored?

netsrak
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
5. this will delete the hand and all related data

6. thats how it works

4. this will be no duplicate, the hand will be imported again. It is not possible to have one handnumber in the database twice.

Sempronius
11-24-2011, 09:46 AM
You've been great help, thanks so much.
No more questions at this time.