PDA

View Full Version : creating new database / keeping handhistories

yvonneasshigh
08-09-2009, 07:31 PM
hi

1. is it possible to create a new database and keep all the handhistories from the players I have rated or do they disappear as soon as I create a new one?

2. lets say I play a session and then want to see how my steal success was for this session. can I filter this after each session or must I always create a new database for that? Because it looks like, that things like steal success is rated over the hole sessions I played so far...

thanks a lot

yvonneasshigh

fozzy71
08-09-2009, 07:53 PM
hi

1. is it possible to create a new database and keep all the handhistories from the players I have rated or do they disappear as soon as I create a new one?

A new database will have no hands and no stats, unless you import hand histories. Most people never have a need to create more than 1 DB. There are people with 10+ million hand DBs.

2. lets say I play a session and then want to see how my steal success was for this session. can I filter this after each session

You can filter for that in multiple ways.

Go to Cash Games > Sessions > Group by: Session

Right-Click the most recent session, and choose Update All Filters to Session Date and Time Range.

or must I always create a new database for that? [/quote

Why would you think this? One DB is all you really need. You can filter the data in multiple ways. There is the Date Filter Button (All Hands) and the Main Filter button, which has 100's of filters.

[quote]Because it looks like, that things like steal success is rated over the hole sessions I played so far...

Not sure what you mean, but I think you just may need to spend some time with the beginners guide and owners manual.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=2

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=182

yvonneasshigh
08-09-2009, 08:29 PM
hi

thanks so much..sorry I thought because of pokertracker there I had to make a new database for that....so now everything is clear thanks

fozzy71
08-09-2009, 08:45 PM
You are welcome. Please feel free to ask anything you are unsure of. Trust me, there are no dumb questions.