PDA

View Full Version : Stat errors

antneye
11-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't want to join the crowd of naysayers, but I am starting to seriously question the validity of a lot of the statistics. Some examples:

Bet Fold: Flop turn and River
Bet/Call: F/T/R
Bet/Raise F/T/R

These are the only possible actions one can take when betting yet when you sum these stats they do not add up to 100%

Example: On flop i get: Bet/Fold: 12%, Bet/Call:30%, Bet/Raise: 19%
This adds up to only 61% of the time. So what did villain do the other 31% of the time that someone raised his bet?

Here's another goofy one: This one may just be my understanding of the stats.

For Fold to re-steal from SB, villain shows 41% over a sample of (27), yet his steal stats from the SB shows that he only attempted a steal 50% of the time over a sample of (2). I would think that fold to re-steal is measuring how often villain has folded after attempting to steal, so how can he have a sample of 27 when he only attempted to steal 2 times? Something isn't kosher here.

The more I dig the more I find things like this and doubt creeps in. Dounting ANY stats makes me doubt ALL stats, and that is not a good thing for a program like this.

I don't want to be negative. I have been working with you guys and providing feedback to help, but things like this are extremely disconcerting to me.

udbrky
11-25-2011, 03:45 AM
That's not the only possible actions. There's 3 actions there:

Hero bets
Villain raises
Hero fold/call/raise

There are also the times when hero checks, rather than bets.

What is the exact stat in the second one? Can you please provide a screenshot?

antneye
11-26-2011, 01:42 AM
That's not the only possible actions. There's 3 actions there:

Hero bets
Villain raises
Hero fold/call/raise

There are also the times when hero checks, rather than bets.

What is the exact stat in the second one? Can you please provide a screenshot?

I really would appreciate it if you would speak to the developers rather than give the answer you provided without going to them. These stats are not a sub-set of every possible action the villain can take on the flop....and if they are that would be totally useless. They are supposed to be a sub-set of every action the villain took once he has bet on the given street. I can tell you that the stat is only looking at situations where the villain bet and was raised because the sample size is less than the sample size for the overall bet statistic on each street. When villain bets and is raised he only has 3 options: Bet, Call or Fold and the 3 stats should sum to 100%. As further confirmation of what I am saying you can look at the C/R, C/F and C/C stats which all add up to 100% when cumed because this is supposed to be a measure of what villain does when he checks and someone bets.

For the other one I am attaching a screen shot. Different villain, but in this case you can see that this villain has never attempted a steal from the SB, but for fold to resteal in the SB it is showing that he has never done it over a sample of 1. How can he have folded to a re-steal in the SB if he has never attempted to steal from that position.....for this one, it is possible that I am misunderstanding the stats but for the one mentioned in the first paragraph I do not believe that to be the case.

TheZepper
11-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Hi antneye: You're right about the Bet/Fold, Bet/Call and Bet/Raise stats -they should add up to 100%. I call it the 100% Rule. This was a simple typo and I thought it had been fixed. Its fixed now, will show up in next build or two at latest.

As to your resteal issue - I'm working on those stats as we speak - and there isn't currently a SB Fold to Resteal stat. Sometimes stats will linger on in the the popups even after they're removed. Update to current version and it should disappear. Thanks for the screenshot - I can see what the problem is and I'll see that it gets fixed asap.

antneye
11-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi antneye: You're right about the Bet/Fold, Bet/Call and Bet/Raise stats -they should add up to 100%. I call it the 100% Rule. This was a simple typo and I thought it had been fixed. Its fixed now, will show up in next build or two at latest.

As to your resteal issue - I'm working on those stats as we speak - and there isn't currently a SB Fold to Resteal stat. Sometimes stats will linger on in the the popups even after they're removed. Update to current version and it should disappear. Thanks for the screenshot - I can see what the problem is and I'll see that it gets fixed asap.

Thanks!