PDA

View Full Version : Missing Hands.......STILL

teecee90
08-09-2009, 06:19 AM
If the bug that causes HM to keep missing hands on Ladbrokes (microgaming) isn't sorted out soon I will just have to bin it. What use is tracking software if it doesn't track all your hands?

Edit: Sorry for the tone of this post, but Im getting increasingly frustrated by this problem. I was told it would be sorted ages ago. I surely cant be the only one having this problem? Anyone else playing Ladbrokes (or other microgaming sites) with the same problem?

Im using the latest 1.09 beta but this problem has been ongoing for months over various versions of the software.

asmartone
08-09-2009, 07:49 AM
I am playing at CDPoker (iPoker network) and sometimes HM stops to import hands. In HUD it shows that I have played for example 78 hands, but in "stats" I can clearly see about 120. Restarting helps to "re-enable" importing, but only from the "restart point".

netsrak
08-09-2009, 11:26 AM
@teecee90: Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

teecee90
08-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Any news on this?

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Any news on this?

Did you email fabio to schedule a remote support session?

Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

teecee90
08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Yes. Teamviewer session was held and various files emailed to Fabio.

spencerjrus
08-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey I'm having a problem with missing hands on FTP, I made a deposit the other day, made some profit and there is a large discrepancy between my actual winnings and what HM is displaying.

Any ideas? I'm running 1.09 beta 20.

netsrak
08-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Please update to 1.09 Beta 26 http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe and reimport the hands from the archive and the FTP handhistory folder. It may be necessary to copy the hands to a different folder at first and import via import file or import folder.

fozzy71
08-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Yes. Teamviewer session was held and various files emailed to Fabio.

I suggest you email fabio directly in that case. He does not check the forums regularly.

dirtylobster
08-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Create a new HEM db and be sure to choose ASCII instead of UTF.

My import problem is here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15605

teecee90
08-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I'll give it a try.

What is the best/quickest way to create a new database? I have several hundred thousand hands and over 190,000 players in my existing db that I don't want to lose if possible

dirtylobster
08-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Do you have the original hand histories archived?

That's always the best way to backup any db ie. not relying on any specific program (Holdemmanager/Pokertracker).

If you only have hands played on Microgaming, do you have the Gamehistory.dat file from C:\MicroGaming\Poker\xxxxxxxMPP? That contains all your hand histories and a) should be backed up and b) could be imported to a new db.

Sorry if anything's unclear, I just came home and I'm drunk, hopefully this helps, otherwise post more questions. :)

fozzy71
08-21-2009, 04:41 PM
I'll give it a try.

What is the best/quickest way to create a new database? I have several hundred thousand hands and over 190,000 players in my existing db that I don't want to lose if possible

Your hand histories should be the most important part of your poker data, in this hierarchy.

Original HH files from the site.
Copies of your entire DB exported to text files.
.backup files of your poker database from pgadmin
copies of your entire \data folder.

I synchronize all my important data on my PC to an external hard drive every day.

Fozzies BackUp Cliff Notes (If you needed to completely reinstall Hm or got a new PC and dont want to lose anything)

Before you uninstall HM:

I want to re-install Holdem Manger without losing all of my settings and preferences. Can this be done? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=98)

You want to make sure you backup your Processed/Archived hand histories, your entire \config folder, and your exportednotes file. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=119) I usually just copy my entire \Holdem Manager directory.

I would also make sure you manually export the database to hand history text files:

HM > Options > Database Management > Connect > Export Hands

How do I export or import hands into and from Holdem Manager? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173)

Make sure you copy that folder as well as the other stuff I mentioned.

This helps to insure that if anything goes wrong with the backup/restore, you can manually import the exported files to rebuild.

teecee90
08-22-2009, 06:38 AM
Worked a treat......thanks for the advice. Seems to be picking everything up ok now.

Is it likely to be just the creation of a new database that fixed this or changing to ASCII ?

Are there any performance differences UTF v ASCII ?

dirtylobster
08-22-2009, 06:51 AM
I believe it's the ASCII issue. Haven't played on any other site than Microgaming in a while so can't compare the performance.

netsrak
08-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Its the SQL_ASCII setting. No difference in performance its just the character set.

Bet 26 supports UTF8 databases

cntgetmedown
08-22-2009, 09:23 AM
I've switched to ASCII myself and it worked well last session. But today I forgot to run HEM whilst I was playing and it didn't pick up any hands. I believe this is normal for Prima, but is there no way to retrack old hands? If I get the hands from the software I don't think HEM can read it can it? I remember trying it once and it didn't pick up anything. Am I doing something wrong?

netsrak
08-22-2009, 11:27 AM
The hands should still be in your Pokerclient handhistory folder waiting for being imported.

cntgetmedown
08-23-2009, 05:21 AM
They're not, if I have HEM running whilst I'm playing then it usually tracks well (I have a limited sample size with the new ascii database, but I think it does). If I don't track whilst I'm playing, it misses the hands almost everytime (asii and utf) and sadly hem can't read the hand histories that the software offers you (there is an option to get old hand histories from their database).
My HEM has been very unprecise for the last 2 months :(, the last three sessions weren't tracked by HEM. Note I've been playing on Micro for 8 months now and it's allways missed hands here and there, but never been this bad.

cntgetmedown
08-23-2009, 05:24 AM
I noticed I was running beta 24, just updated to beta 26.

teecee90
09-01-2009, 05:36 PM
It seems that the solution was short lived.......hands are being missed again. Any other suggestions?

netsrak
09-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Delete all files in the Ladbrokes handhistory folder or move them to a different folder and try to import them via import file or import via folder.
Does this give you only duplicate files in the import message or also new files?

What size are the handhistory files?

dirtylobster
09-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Microgaming uses a SQlite db - GameHistory.dat, not individual hand history files..

netsrak
09-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks, wasn't sure about this.

But then you should delete this database file regularly.

teecee90
09-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Already tried all of that. The problem I have is mainly with hands missing from the instand hand history in the HUD rather than the main HM database. Perhaps I should have posted this in the HUD forum.

netsrak
09-03-2009, 03:49 AM
We are constantly working on such issues. Which version of HM?

aaxxzz
09-03-2009, 06:51 AM
I'm also having problems with missing hands on full tilt poker. Running 1.09 beta 28. The hands show up in the HUD and the instant hand history but not in holdem manager. I tried marking the missing hands and then when I go to view them in holdem manager, they don't show up.

netsrak
09-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Please use the latest Beta 30a: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
and if you are missing some hands it might be that your database is corrupt.

Please test some hands with a new database: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

teecee90
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
We are constantly working on such issues. Which version of HM?

I always use the latest beta. I've had the same problem on several versions covering several months.

Creating a new ASCII database solved the problem for about a week.

fozzy71
09-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Have you tried using a new UTF-8 DataBase in the most recent Beta versions?

I believe Roy just added new UTF-8 support functionality in beta 29 or 30.

teecee90
09-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Have you tried using a new UTF-8 DataBase in the most recent Beta versions?

I believe Roy just added new UTF-8 support functionality in beta 29 or 30.

No, but when I created a new database and reimported my hands last week it was a slow and tedious process. Is there evidence it is likely to work this time or is it just an educated suggestion?

fozzy71
09-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Just an educated guess. I will ask the support manager and developer for their opinions. I have only been using the UTF option since Roy added it, and I have had no issues. Take that with a grain of salt though, because I never really had DB problems before that. I do restore, reimport, and reinstall my database very often, so I understand the time involved. I reformat my PC every 4-6 months and reimport the hands. I sometimes even do it in between the reformat's. :(

The Minder
09-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Just an educated guess. I will ask the support manager and developer for their opinions. I have only been using the UTF option since Roy added it, and I have had no issues. Take that with a grain of salt though, because I never really had DB problems before that. I do restore, reimport, and reinstall my database very often, so I understand the time involved. I reformat my PC every 4-6 months and reimport the hands. I sometimes even do it in between the reformat's. :(

You Sir, are a masochist :)

Switch to Linux and save yourself a lot of headaches.

fozzy71
09-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Hehe. I should have said that my current PC is a XP machine, and 3 years old. It slows down dramatically after a few months of heavy use by me. Hopefully my new PC won't need to be reformatted so often. I am not l33t enough to try linux imo. ;)

Shove
09-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Pokerstars - beta30 . hands are missing :/

fozzy71
09-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Pokerstars - beta30 . hands are missing :/

1) Please update to the latest beta 30b - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe.

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

3) If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174
4) Post the answers in a new thread on the HM Forums - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/index.php