PDA

View Full Version : How many computers can I run my manager on??

iplayer1
08-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey guys I have 2 computers for poker and was wondering how many can I run one licence of manager on?

Also, I am scrapping my main computer as its too slow...if say I am allowed 2 computers to run it on, can i trade one over to another as i will still want it on my laptop.

Thanks, hope you understand.

fozzy71
08-08-2009, 10:12 PM
You can use your current license to register it on 2 pc's. Just choose the pc#2 slot when registering the second pc. If you get a 3rd pc later, to replace your 1st pc, you can use our registration system to reset your own license.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/Registration/

Naldinho
10-02-2009, 09:15 AM
If you need to run it on three computers can you buy a third licence or do you need to buy a whole new copy of the program?

fozzy71
10-02-2009, 09:43 AM
:confused:

I already answered this. You are asking the same thing as OP, with different words.

One license allows you to use HM on 2 computers. if you need to use it on 3 (or 4) computers you have to buy a 2nd license.

Mickle
10-18-2011, 03:02 PM
If I buy a 2nd HM2 licence (I have 2 pcs and a laptop) will I also need to buy two additional add ons to keep the databases synced on HM2, and is it even possible to keep more than 2 databases synced?

fozzy71
10-19-2011, 07:06 PM
If I buy a 2nd HM2 licence (I have 2 pcs and a laptop) will I also need to buy two additional add ons to keep the databases synced on HM2, and is it even possible to keep more than 2 databases synced?

I have forwarded this question for level 2 support. We should respond again within 24 hours.

B-Money
10-19-2011, 07:39 PM
HMSync is tied to a single license. Syncing between 3 computers won't be possible. We force this restriction to comply with poker sites terms of service.

Mickle
10-20-2011, 05:34 AM
HMSync is tied to a single license. Syncing between 3 computers won't be possible. We force this restriction to comply with poker sites terms of service.

I guess I could always play on the third pc and manually import any hands played onto one of the other 2 machines and at least those hands aren't ignored when I 'm looking at my overall stats?

fozzy71
10-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I guess I could always play on the third pc and manually import any hands played onto one of the other 2 machines and at least those hands aren't ignored when I 'm looking at my overall stats?

Yes, it sounds like you will need to sync the 3rd PC manually by importing the hands from the archives of the other 2 machines, or by doing periodic exports filtered for date range.

Mickle
10-21-2011, 07:44 AM
I can live with that.

The bit I'm not sure about now is the best way forward. I have HM on pc1 which works. I also have it on pc2 which doesn't work. I now have a 3rd pc. I would like to install the Beta of HM2 on pc 3 with the intention of buying a HM2 licence when available. PC1 would be upgraded to HM2. That leaves pc2. Given the licence only covers 2 pcs, I would like to use HM1 on this pc to cover my occasional use.

I have Leakbuster on pc1 and would like to use that on pc1 and pc3 in future.

How should I go about buying HM2? My guess is I register HM2 using a different e-mail address and tie this e-mail address to pc1 and pc3. The existing e-mail address will then be used to register HM1 on pc2 after I have restored the pc. But how will Leakbuster continue to be used on pc1 and pc3 if I am changing the e-mail address?

fozzy71
10-21-2011, 09:26 AM

I have Leakbuster on pc1 and would like to use that on pc1 and pc3 in future.

That should not be an issue as all HM1 apps will upgrade for free to hm2 apps.

How should I go about buying HM2? My guess is I register HM2 using a different e-mail address and tie this e-mail address to pc1 and pc3. The existing e-mail address will then be used to register HM1 on pc2 after I have restored the pc. But how will Leakbuster continue to be used on pc1 and pc3 if I am changing the e-mail address?

There is no reason to use a new email address. When HM2 is available you can buy it with the same account and use the HM2 code for 2 machines, and you should still be able to use HM1 on the 3rd machine.