PDA

View Full Version : Cake 2.0 hud doesn't show/update on certain tables.

Ingenol
11-23-2011, 04:40 AM
As in the title this happens periodically and seemingly randomly. Reloading HEM2 or rejoining the table doesn't seem to help. The HH files for the tables in question appear to be being written normally. Any ideas?

Edit: completely closing the Cake client and then reloading it seems to rectify the issue, but it will eventually relapse (not necessarily on the same tables as before).

Patvs
11-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Did you use the TableFinder?
Go to the sessions tab--> TableFinder is at the bottom-left.

Which HM2 build are you using?

Ingenol
11-24-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm using 2.0.0.5728 (Evaluation Edition). The problem existed with at least the last three automatic updates. I have not tried using the table finder but certainly will the next time it crops up and will report back. Thanks for the advice!

Smasher81
11-24-2011, 09:30 PM
I play cake cash and SnG. My hud shows only stats from current session (almost always). vista HM2 ver.5735

Patvs
11-25-2011, 02:51 AM
I play cake cash and SnG. My hud shows only stats from current session (almost always). vista HM2 ver.5735

This is normal for Cake. Cake Poker literally censors the names of your opponents in the handhistories. So HoldemManager doesn't track their all-time-stats, but can only display the session-stats.

Smasher81
11-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Have just checked sng and cash HH from cake, the names are not censored.

Patvs
11-26-2011, 12:25 AM
HM1 Cake HUD should work with our next HM1 update to 1.12.07 on live tables (cash and tourney).

HM2 Cake HUD will now display the FULL player name (as Cake FINALLY stopped censoring the names).
Both should be updated in the next build
Seating preferences settings for Cake will be added in a later update.

Ingenol
11-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Never mind, it seems the HH file is in fact NOT being written with new hands.

Ingenol
11-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Okay I contacted Cake and sent them the HH and log files and they claim it's with HEM. Is there any way HEM could be causing this problem of HH files not being written? It seems to happen occasionally when I play on a table, stop my session, then play on the same table later.

Could this be HEM? Again, it is one of many tables and it shows up in Table Finder but as no hands new are written to the HH file, no HUD ever appears.

Patvs
11-28-2011, 02:51 AM
If the HH aren't written by the Cake client, it sounds unrelated to HEM.
Worst case scenario HEM will have moved the handhistory file to the archive folder---> but when that happens Cake should just create a new file.

Try this:
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator**. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files** even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

**do the same for the main cake.exe file

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)