PDA

View Full Version : HEM not importing and I didn't change anything

nihil2501
08-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I played last night and hands were not being imported as I played, so there was no HUD. Table manager showed 0/6 on all of the tables I was at though.

To try and get the files imported later on, I set 'Import From Folder' to look in C:\Users\Ilana\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistor y\ which includes every folder that hands go to (including archived hands which is why I normally get hands from C:\Users\Ilana\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistor y\nihil2501).

Anyhow, all .5 million hands in my database were imported again, but from last night only a few hundred hands of all the hands I played 8 tabling 6max for 2.5 hours got imported. I'm not sure where HEM got these hands from.

Previously, setting C:\Users\Ilana\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistor y\nihil2501 as my source for importing hands caused no issues. But now HEM doesn't find any files in that location even though those from last night are there and are not getting imported or archived. When I try to import the files in that location manually, HEM says that 0 files are found.

Before reimporting the entire db, I updated from 1.09 b18a (I think) to 1.09 b23a.

Any thoughts?

fozzy71
08-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Please post screen shots of the options > configure auto import folders window, as well as the next window that appears when clicking the Edit option.

You can NOT have your hm archive going to the same path that your hands are written to.

You will need to copy any recent hands from your archive folders, to a new folder on your desktop, and use the import from folder option. If that doesn't help, try creating a new DB to see if they will import properly.

nihil2501
08-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I copied the hands that HEM didn't recognize for importing into a separate folder and imported from that folder. This added those hands to my database but they did not get archived afterward (perhaps 'Import From Folder' does not archive).

It seems as though HEM can't see any of the hands in my auto-import location but I can't think of any reason why this could happen...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/nihil2501/screen1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/nihil2501/screen2.jpg

Keep in mind that this problem arose without me having changed anything. The only thing that could have changed would have been a PokerStars update, but I don't remember any since the last time I used HEM about a week ago.

fozzy71
08-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Can you make sure there are no HHs left in your pokerstars HH folder. The import from folder option does NOT archive the imported files. Only auto import does.

Speaking of archives, can you please move your archive folder to a completely different path. I would suggest C:\HMArchive. Once moved, reconfigure the archive folder in the hm auto import config windows.

If that doesn't help, shoot me an email, with a link to this thread, to fozzy@holdemmanager.net, and I can take a look at it this evening on teamviewer.

nihil2501
08-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I deleted the folder that Stars writes to. Once Stars recreated the folder, importing worked. I will fix my archive like you suggested. Thanks!