PDA

View Full Version : table manager doesn't open (HUD doesn't work)

joop
08-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Hey there,

I opened HEM earlier and ran into this error message ---> the following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL: 57P03: the database system is starting up. It kicked me out of the program, so I restarted it and everything seemed okay... except the table manager isn't opening and I'm not getting HUD stats. Everything was working fine yesterday and nothing has really changed, except running into that nasty error message for the first time.

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
1.09 beta 23a

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
Happens on both Stars and FTP (only sites I play on).

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
Yes.

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
Yes.

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
Yes.
C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\eminiplayer

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
Yes.

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
NA

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
Cannot open Table Finder, as Table Manager isn't opening.

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
Yes.

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
Using XP.

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
Yes.

fozzy71
08-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Please try creating a new DB and see if the HUD works with the new DB.

I think you will end up having to either reinstall PostgreSQL and reimport your DB, or else reinstall HM. Because of the DB Error, I am leaning towards the former.

joop
08-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Hey mate,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I went through some of the steps you recommended and found myself stuck reinstalling Postgresql, but couldn't figure out the password to the postgres account - which meant I basically couldn't continue. I decided it wouldn't be such a bad thing to start from scratch and hopefully upgrade to Postgreqsql 8.4. So I deleted my DB...

Then I realised I was still gonna need the password to the postgres account using 8.4, whereas with 8.3 I can just create a new account with a new password, etc. After reading all the posts on recovering passwords for the postgres account I could find, and still unable to recover/reset the password, I got to fixing it myself.

I didn't see this in any previous threads, so I'm not sure if people are aware of this, but if you go into the control panel, then administrative tools, computer management, click 'local users and groups' in the left pane, then right click postgres in the right hand pane - you can reset the password for the postgres account in there. Changing the password there has allowed me to install 8.4, whereas I couldn't before.

Hope this helps others not waste all the time I wasted today.

joop

netsrak
08-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the tip.

For others reading this thread while looking for help:

You could also look in the holdemmanger.config to see the password or you delete the user before
starting the reinstallation: in the command box type "net user postgres /delete :)

joop
08-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Just checked the holdemmanager.config file that I attatched to my initial post in this thread.

<setting name="ConnectionString">SERVER=127.0.0.1;PORT=5432;UID=postgres;PWD=postgr espass</setting>

I tried 'postgrespass' many times, didn't work... strange...

Anyway, enjoy your weekend.

:)