PDA

View Full Version : HUD crushes after playing a while!

dragoni
11-22-2011, 06:07 AM
When I start playing Hud works fine but crushes after 30min or so. Windows gives me a note "HUD stopped working.."
What to do?

Patvs
11-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

dragoni
11-23-2011, 05:59 AM
Im using windows 7, I have updated everything..
HUD worked fine over a year but started crushing about two months ago. I thought my computer was the problem
but now I have new computer(intelcore 2430M, 8GB DDR3) and still HUD crushes after playing for a while.
I also have new database in manager and there is only 2000 hands imported.
What to do?

Patvs
11-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Windows 7 is updated to Service Pack 1?
On which site are you mainly playing? On what type of tables?

Did you add hmhud.exe (which is the HUD/TableManager) to the firewall exceptions list and given the file super user administrator privileges?

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

dragoni
11-25-2011, 03:59 AM
Service pack 1 is downloaded. I have put hmhud.exe to the windows firewall(only firewall I have) exceptions list and given the file super user administrator privileges! I turned off User Account Control.

Im playing on Entraction(site:24hpoker) network omahatables. I play both 4card and 5card plo at the same time.

Patvs
11-25-2011, 04:05 AM
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
Also try creating a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager
and reimport your hands.

dragoni
12-01-2011, 03:07 PM
PostgreSQL version is 8.4.
I made new database and imported my 10000 hands there. Then I tried to replay a hand and HUD crushes again. Table Manager says: Out of memory!! Then I opened taskmanager and look prosesses. Hud.exe was taking 400 000kt memory. Then comes "Runtime error Program:C.. R6025 -pure virtual function call" And then windows says "Hud.exe stopped working"

Patvs
12-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Reinstall HoldemManager using the full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe
Install it to a different folder.

dragoni
12-02-2011, 04:41 AM
I have try to reinstall 2times before. And in two different computers. allways same problem!

dragoni
12-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Can 5card omaha cause the problem??

Patvs
12-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Yes 5 Card Omaha can cause it.

Every 5 Card Omaha table, de-select the table in TableManager.

dragoni
12-05-2011, 04:37 AM
5card omahatables doesnt even show in table manager so i cant deselect them.

netsrak
12-05-2011, 06:10 AM
I guess the 5card handhistories are causing the problem. Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

dragoni
12-05-2011, 08:53 AM
done that