PDA

View Full Version : HM2=Unsatisfying

omnimirage
11-22-2011, 01:15 AM
I'd like to inform you guys that I've decided to revert back to PT3. HM2, whilst it does have some potential, is an incomplete product, I've spent too much time trying to get it working to a reasonable level, and it's just been a waste of time. Just to name a few of the difficulties; the HUD is too big and the panel system doesn't work, there are many many stats that are missing, their is a bunch of silly things in the reports area that I'm even going to bother mention amongst other things, PT3 is simply better for me atm. Perhaps it's still being developed, if so I would have liked for youse to inform me of this, now I've got to figure out how to transfer my new notes to PT3, and am probably gonna get PT4 now when it comes out

udbrky
11-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Everyone has the free choice of what to choose based on their needs.

Stats are updated in the release coming out tonight.

Have you adjusted fonts on the hud? How is it too big? Please expand.

What do you mean the panel system does not work? How so?

What do you mean silly things in the report area?

darklingroom
11-23-2011, 08:12 AM
the HUD is too bigI do agree and have already informed about that. Earlier, in HM1 I could use 4 panels (lines) whilst now only 3 fits. You made too big spaces between lines. Font doesn't have affect on this.

udbrky
11-23-2011, 11:50 PM
This is being examined.

johncc
11-24-2011, 11:49 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/33xbmtd.png

There u go 5 panels, all done with a small font

To this day, I have still not figured out why ppl would use panels either

johncc
11-24-2011, 12:02 PM
was bored so did one with 7, then 9, all seem fine for me

Dump your HUD on here and i'll take a look if u want

Moonasalhin
11-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Sorry, but i have to hijack this thread and ask you udbrky: Whats up with the hand viewer?
You can't scroll if you dont hover your mouse over the scroll button. Why?
The hand viewer popup isnt attached to the table. So for instance, if i open up the handviewer at one table, and suddenly another table pops up infront of the hand viewer you then have to click the HEM button in the startbar, instead of as it is in HM1, where the hand viewer is attached to the table and comes up when you click on the table again. Why on earth, why?

omnimirage
11-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Couldn't find a way to transfer my database from HM2 to PT3, not losing all the notes I did so sticking with HM2 whilst I'm at microgaming, basically bonus whored it already so whatever.

The panels fixed themselves in the update, thanks for the offer though johncc. I wanted to use panels because I couldn't find another way of fitting my stats on this bulky HUD.

And yeah the hand reviewer is beyond ridiculous.

Have a problem though. Marking hands in game is incredibly cumbersome, although I could be doing it wrong, all I could find by googling was some guy complaining about how many clicks has to be done for it and the Note Caddy guy saying it could be done in the Caddy Report. Awesome I think, I'll use that, 5k session later, probably about 20 marked hands and none of them have been marked, what gives??

Do you know whether I can run PT3 and HM2 at the same time, assuming my system can handle the resources. I mean can they both read the hand histories and not clash?

omnimirage
11-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Never mind, after being frustrated and shutting down the computer and coming back, it seemed to correct itself; the old turn it on/off did the trick

sreticentv
11-25-2011, 11:06 AM
thank you for letting me know that the hands don't show unless you restart. This must be some performance optimization that only reads marked hands from memory while the caddy report goes straight to the db

omnimirage
11-25-2011, 04:51 PM
I really like how note caddy is turning out btw :)

JPonline
11-25-2011, 09:22 PM
"unsatisfying" is the least to say.

I am seriously upset by HM2.
Why do I have to select a session via a drop down menu, instead of having a brief overview of all sessions (with winnings/hands/time) ?

Why isnīt there a "nice" graph? With a fine grid.
Why isnīt it possible to zoom into the graph and select certain hands, by zooming in? (one of the nicest features of HM1)
The graphs you included into HM2, are simply of no use. A rough guess about how my winnings look like, is more precize, than looking it up in these "fat" graphs.

If I choose a report by stakes, the stakes are in the fourth or fifth row, instead of being displayed in the first row.
(seriously: huh??)

I could write a whole book about where this product "effed" up....

Why is it so slow??? (And I am not talking about startup, which is slow, because it is supposed to cache a lot of stuff etc.)
I have a high end 6000$ Computer here, filled up with SSDs and more RAM than the NASA could use. And still, when I want to change form Reports to Sessions it is a pain in the A$$...
(And "NO", it is not the database size (=30GB) and "YES" I am performing a database optimization almost daily, and tweaked postgesql, to use more ram...)

I am seriously upset!
How dare you even bring out a product, that is not finished yet, and charge money for it?

NOBODY is selling a car, and telling you "the wheels and the doors will be part of a future upgrade"....
HM2 does not even have a single wheel!

Shame on you!

udbrky
11-26-2011, 06:57 PM
The sessions report has a summary by sessions.

You can change the order of the stats in any report. Today I reinstalled and my reports have the stakes in the first column.

The graph will have those features added.

for performance, please see this:

If you're having trouble with performance,
Please make sure that your windows is uptodate, all service packs and windows updates installed.
Uninstall your current NetFramework version with this tool: http://videos.holdemmanager.com/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
and download the NET installer and run it
For XP / Vista http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
For Win7 - NET4 Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en)
Add holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncapps.exe, postgres.exe, pg_ctl.exe, and any other programs you use for poker to your firewall.

be more specific about what is being an issue with speed. What ribbon are you on while playing? How often are you seeing a lag? The more info you give about what is happening, the more we can look into it. To keep with your car analogy, you wouldn't tell a mechanic "my car doesn't work" and expect them to know what to do, right? You'd need to give them more info.

So give us more info. If you want to write a book, write a book.

omnimirage
11-30-2011, 03:15 AM
Is there anyway I can export the notes?

Please, please make it easier to upload hands from the replayer

Add those stats that I requested please

Please make it possible for me to filter for hands that I've played against villain that have been marked.

Please make the positions more specific in the filter; if I'm playing FR I want UTG/UTG+1 positions not EP

Please add the option of showing sample sizes on HUD

please make creating HUDs more efficient; so instead of adding EP/MP/LP for a stat, add the ability to select one stat and let it spread out along the row for every stat for it's position

add more specific positions for hud as well, i.e utg+1

for note taking, instead of having notes thrown everyone in a unorganized mess, steal PT3 idea, by having each note taken in a column that has the time the note was taken next to it

make marking hands easier in game, i dont even know how to mark hands without caddy report and end up frustratingly press buttons, there was no guide for how to do this a fortnight ago either

add the ability to color stats by another stat. so let's say i have how often somebody limps pf, allow it to be colored by how often they limp/fold

consider hiring some statistics person to figure out how fast stats converge, and than allow people to color code by how reliable the stat is, going by some confidence interval, seriously this would be impressive

i don't like how one can put the icon over a stat and it pops up a ministat, mostly because i dont think it was done right. it takes a lot of time to organize this, please add the feature to disable all these pop-ups, and a quicker way to add the same popup to more stats

there's a lot more little things that i can't remember atm

udbrky
11-30-2011, 04:53 AM
These are being worked into.

You can set stats to dim under a certain level. For example, you can set VPIP to be dimmed under 25 hands, 3bet under 50 opportunities.

Popups are completely customizable for each stat and each hud for each individual.

omnimirage
11-30-2011, 05:29 AM
These are being worked into.

All of them? Before or after I mentioned them?

Sarek
11-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Before.
Allmost all is allready written up and worked on.

StonedShisha
12-01-2011, 01:34 AM
I am also totally unsatified with HM2. Im reverting back to HM1 atm and waiting for a PT4 release to see what my real choices are. At that time I will give HM2 a new try and if it is still as bad as it was when it was released now, then you are loosing a customer here..

Im sorry to just tell you guys this product is bad without describing why.. But Im jsut so fed up with it. I dont even know where to begin. The HUD was really bad (imported wrong from Hm1), I didnt like the popups. I didnt like the interface and all the graphs and session stats and dayfilters. lots of bugs in many areas. Nothing basically familiar with HM1 which is IMO a very bad thing. HM1 was a really nice layout and eays to use.. HM2 just has this feeling of too much detailed nonsence functions..
replayer is just too flashy.. HM2 is imo a big big fail... If I was to decide, I would rather have a much more improved HM1 then this attempt to make something totally new.. A better HM1 with all the stats working correctly and all the staff prioritating HM1 bug fixing and issues rather then spending all time on HM2 and releasing it while it is still NOT working close to good.

MartinBKK
12-01-2011, 01:51 AM
I have never been able to get my database accross from HM1. I have tried numerous methods but there are always hands missing. From reading the forums it seems there are fatal errors with imports in HM2.

As a result i've never been able to move over to HM2 yet and am also awaiting the release of PT4 to decide what i want to use for 2012.

Barlin63
12-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Same here. I bought HM2 (new in the arena) but it is a shame how this product is put together and how many bugs need to be solved with input from the community. Are we rewarded for that. No way. I have put so many hours in this tool to test and explain the obvious bugs that I have the feeling that I should be on the HM Payroll. Hopefully they will come to their senses, fix the bugs and send out promotion codes to all who helped to test HM2.

SilverSag
12-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Unsatisfying!? I would say it is an epic fail... :(

I have great idea for HM3! You take HM1, sort out all the remaining bugs, put the beautiful (no pun intended) HM2 skin on it and VOILA!

You will have a product everyone will be happy about!!!!

After 3 months of struggling (you cannoy call that using) I have decided to revert back to HM1 (for HUD and filters) and PT3 (for statistics and graphs). Apart from graphics I really cannot find a single area where HM2 has improved:

HUD.
Pretty new icons and great looks, but bad spacing. Marking hands is a hustle. You should make an option of marking them straight from the HUD instead you made it opposite. Now I have to make at least one extra click.

Hand replayer.
Worse looks and now I have upload my hand histories to My HM. Why oh why? You lack traffic there?

Home panel.
Pretty, but pointless. Probably takes a lot of resources. And again - why is it showing exactly 6 months graph? What if I want 1 month? OK, I can change it but on every restart in jumps back. Option window gives hilarious answer "no setting changes are needed"! ARE YOU FLIPPING SURE FFS!?

Sessions panel.
One good feature - automatic refresh. Unfortunately, it makes whole PC to freeze for a couple of seconds, so I have to turn it off. No memory for window, line, colums, etc resizing. That goes for anywhere not just this panel.

Cash panel.
Apart from minor bugs, more or less in the same level as HM1

Tournament panel.
Complete disaster. All the graphs are gone! The ones are there are totally useless and unneeded.

The whole panel system sucks big time! You can sea lot but nothing clearly. Bearable if you stretch it over 22" display but unusable on my laptop.

All in all - wtf you guys were thinking!? You rushed out badly made, unfinished product... you have destroyed quite a lot of good reputation HM had. I could understand that decision if PT4 would be out and you would be falling behind, but now... I guess i will have to follow how PT4 works out. For now - back to HM1.

p.s. after initial mess NoteCaddy seems to be working now and it really is a great, great feature. Unfortunately you have to pay extra for it and it is not developed by HM2 team (so I understood), so you basically has nothing to do with HM2.

sreticentv
12-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Marking hands is a hustle. You should make an option of marking them straight from the HUD instead you made it opposite. Now I have to make at least one extra click.

It was mentioned in another thread but if you use the caddyreport, you can mark hands with a single click. Just make sure you have the "new hands" tab open and there's a checkbox that insta marks it. This is part of NoteCaddy basic (free)

SilverSag
12-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I have never been able to get my database accross from HM1. I have tried numerous methods but there are always hands missing. From reading the forums it seems there are fatal errors with imports in HM2.

As a result i've never been able to move over to HM2 yet and am also awaiting the release of PT4 to decide what i want to use for 2012.

I found the way - You export hands to PT3 first, then you can import them from PT3. However, database window on HM2 says that I have ~25K players in database, but HM1 says ~45K, yethand count seems to be identical. Go figure...

SilverSag
12-02-2011, 02:07 PM
It was mentioned in another thread but if you use the caddyreport, you can mark hands with a single click. Just make sure you have the "new hands" tab open and there's a checkbox that insta marks it. This is part of NoteCaddy basic (free)

Thanks! Haven't noticed that... then again, I don't think I will be using HM2 any time soon.

omnimirage
12-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Hand replayer.
Worse looks and now I have upload my hand histories to My HM. Why oh why? You lack traffic there?

this so much, the other stuff is somewhat excusable, but seriously how can you even have a excuse for this? i dont think you realize how many hours youve waster me by not putting in a hand history button, and for what purpose?? bad traffic? fu

seriously note caddy is the real only good thing about HM2 and it wasn't even made by you guys, but it's my mistake, shouldn't have took HM credibilty and start using it straight as I did, now stuck with the bloody thing till PT3 figures out a way to import notes, fml

Singum
12-04-2011, 02:24 AM
HM2 is obviously a horrible experience. It recalls me of Windows Vista after XP. M$ needed to give it up and build Windows 7. You guys should do the same, give it up, fire the team lead/manager, develop HM3!

JPonline
12-04-2011, 02:49 AM
HM2 is obviously a horrible experience. It recalls me of Windows Vista after XP. M$ needed to give it up and build Windows 7. You guys should do the same, give it up, fire the team lead/manager, develop HM3!

+1

fiammaz
12-04-2011, 08:09 AM

:cool:
I really don't know anything about coding, but HM2 along with its huge bugs is a disaster...
The ONLY excusable issue should be import/HUD related, since they will be poker client dependant, so subject to change.
You can't find a excuses with other issue that are related only to HM2.
When a company sell a product, and plz correct me if I am wrong, it is finished and bug free. Yes some bugs remain but the code is done a only a fewer bugs have to be fixed.
HM2 lauch was a complete failure, you were selling and you are selling an product in a beta stage.

Why then HM2 is in this stage?

-You need more time to fix bugs? Well, hire more programmers, people paid for a working software and deserve it
-HM2 is a difficult software to code? Well, hire better programmers.
-You reached your goal (make money)? Well, I think you achieve it pretty well and fix bugs is secondary

People's complains are too much and too loud, you should think about it. No one wants to bother you guys, but you have to be fair to you customers... actually you aren't

morny
12-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi,

We really appreciate the feedback and are fully aware of the concerns your have. The next update has over 50 updates/features and we will continue to release more updates regularly until all issues are solved. The development team behind HM2 is the same Development team behind HM1 but in addition we have some very experienced developers including the developer of Notecaddy, Sng Wiz and HM Vision. If you keep an eye on our progress you will see how dedicated they are to resolving the current issues and we have made a huge dent in the issues being posted over the past couple of weeks.

I do aplogize for the trouble this has caused our users and the best way for us to make amends is to fix your issues quickly, i dont think anything i say here can have a more positive impact than that so this is our plan to quickly solve the remaining issues.

It should also be noted there is a 30 day HM2 trial, if your unhappy at the end of the trial because you have some issues unresolved then i would be happy to extend that trial until those issues are dealt with. If you upgrade from HM1 you have 6 months before HM1 becomes inactive also.

I suggest you wait for the next update then email me personally on pmorny@holdemmanager.com with a list of the bugs affecting you and i will try to get those bugs sorted and keep you updated on the progress.

Also once we get the current issues out of the way we have some really neat features planned, with the limitations of HM1 removed we can do some really powerful stuff, thats something well concentrate on after we have addressed peoples concerns with the open bugs. I know this may not go far enough for everyone and they may still be unhappy but maybe you will reconsider in a couple of weeks when we take care of the open issues.

StonedShisha
12-05-2011, 04:22 AM
thx for the reply and nice to see you still have confidence in a product that seems like its going down hard..
but as one of the users that really _hate_ it, I do consider it to have potencial at much later stage.
The problem IMO with the product (except for all the real problems that has been described here) is this:
1. I was a alpha tester. product completly sucked at then. compleeetly.. like you couldnt use it at all..
2. then I became a beta tester. That was almost worse to be honest...
3. Then I bought it. with the mindset "its a done product finally! this what Ive been waiting for!".. yeah well.. it wasnt.. it was as unusable as the first two versions and it just became an epic fail to me..

this are the real reasons why I dont like it.. Obviously theres a lot of stuff in design etc that I would like to see changed. but the majority of my issues are the experience Ive had with the product so far, especially as an READY product which i thought HM2 was when it was officially released.. However I think we both can agree that basically its still in some kind of beta mode..

cheers

udbrky
12-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Please be more specific about areas.