PDA

View Full Version : Switching over from PT3

tpchan
08-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Read the FAQ's and I have my hand history imported correctly from PokerTracker3, but my tourney results which are exported by PT3 are not being read by Holdem Manager 1.08.04. Is there a simple way to do this? I really do not want to enter 600+ tourneys by hand, especially since they are correctly inputted already into a PT3 database! Help please.

fozzy71
08-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Please update to the latest beta from the link in my signature.

Then copy your PT3 HHs to a new folder on your computer (desktop) so that HM will not assume them to be duplicates.

Did you export the summaries from the PT3 Export > Tournaments tab?

The export has 2 tabs, one for ring games and one for tournaments. If you imported the Stars tournament summaries from emails then the tourney tab on that window will export those summaries

Let me know if that doesn't help.

tpchan
08-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Sorry, I do not see a PT3, Export, Tournaments tab. I followed the export procedure listed in the Holdem Manager FAQs. Namely, "From PT3, Choose Database Menu, Database Management, then in the dialog box, choose the Export button. It created a Pokerstars directory filled with my hand histories, and in that same directory PT3, also created several hundred PS_TnySumExport*.txt files that contain tourney results.

I updated to 1.09 beta 23a and the Import tab, still does nothing with the PT3 exported tourney results. Import from Folder says 773 Import Errors, which also happens to be the number of tourney result files from PT3 Database Export.

fozzy71
08-07-2009, 07:27 PM
I personally havent used a PT3 trial in close to a year probably. I was searching their forums for possible causes or solutions and saw it mentioned. Is it in their Selective Export feature?

Can you try creating a new DB please, and importing them now that you have updated HM to beta 23a. I think it may be caused by the recent pokerstars update of the tournament summaries.

If that doesn't help I will forward this to my support manager.

tpchan
08-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Created a new database as you suggested. No change. All the PT3 exported hands are imported correctly by HM, but the tourney results which are in the same directory as the hand histories are all parsed as "errors". So not one tourney result from Pokertracker3 was able to be imported by HM. Using the beta 23a as you suggested for all this work.

There is no "Selective Export" in the version of PT3 I'm using. Everything is exported from the Database Management dialog box. There are no options for exporting.

fozzy71
08-07-2009, 10:26 PM
If you dont have PT3 3.00 build 5.2, then you could try updating it. - 3.00 build 5.2

Please zip and email some of the problem files to support@holdemmanager with a link to this thread.

tpchan
08-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Has there been any follow-up on this problem? I emailed you the sample files as you requested but have not heard anything back. I'm rapidly running out of my trial time on HM. I'd really like to switch over to HM but if I have to manually enter results for 700+ tourneys, I'll really have to decide if this is worthwhile project or not.

Rvg72
08-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Has there been any follow-up on this problem? I emailed you the sample files as you requested but have not heard anything back. I'm rapidly running out of my trial time on HM. I'd really like to switch over to HM but if I have to manually enter results for 700+ tourneys, I'll really have to decide if this is worthwhile project or not.

Please email the exported summary file to support@holdemmanager.net and we should be able to get it working

Roy

tpchan
08-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Files have been emailed again as requested. Thanks!

Rvg72
08-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi, this is fixed in beta 24

Thanks,
Roy

tpchan
08-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Great! Now where is beta 24 so I can try it?! :) I tried the download link from fozzy71's sig, but that still just gives beta 23a, as of a few minutes ago.

fozzy71
08-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Not released yet. :( Hopefully soon, but that is Roy's department. ;)

tpchan
08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Just wanted to follow-up and close this thread. Thanks to fozzy71 and Rvg72 for all their excellent work/effort/help. I'm finally able to import PT3 tourney results by using 1.09 beta 24. Now all my PT3 hand histories and tourney results are correctly imported into HM.

On a good note, I've decided to purchase HM and have received confirmation of my order and I'm just waiting for the serial number to arrive via email. Once again, thanks for all the great work!

fozzy71
08-14-2009, 03:04 PM

On a good note, I've decided to purchase HM and have received confirmation of my order and I'm just waiting for the serial number to arrive via email. Once again, thanks for all the great work!

If you have not received your license in 12 - 24 hours, please send your details to sales@holdemmanager.net.