PDA

View Full Version : Postgres problem after computer powerdown

frodebass
11-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi,

I finally have solved my issues of performance it seams after totally removing postgres and reinstalling it, pokerstars no longer hangs every second minute....good thing. :-)

However, last night I was playing a couple of MTT's, and suddenly my laptop decided to shut down because of low battery.

After restarting with the power plugged in, I started HM2, but got error message saying it can not connect to postgres server. I have checked that the password is correct, but it won't connect. I tried to manually start the service, but it won't start. A dOS window pops up, and it autocloses after a few seconds. It's blank at first, but just as something pops onto the screen about the service, it autocloses before it's possible to read what it says. Probably that it can't start the service....:-)

So, what now?

Will this happen everytime similar incidents occur? Battery out, other system crash etc. ?

Thanks,

Frode

sideshow
11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi,

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide step by step:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+ - Can’t Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL

Thanks