PDA

View Full Version : Very simple - Postflop fold percentage

Rodolphe2005
11-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Hello,

I have both HM1 and HM2. In HM2, there is a "postflop check-fold percentage" stat and I'd like a "postflop fold percentage".

It's so simple that I'm very surprised I didn't find it.

Thank you

Patvs
11-22-2011, 02:06 AM
POST-flop fold.
Fold to a donkbet? Fold to a continuation bet?

Fold to 'what type of bet' exactly?
There is no general "Postflop fold": most players use Fold to continuation bet instead.

Rodolphe2005
11-22-2011, 08:28 AM
I don't know how I can make it more simple, really.

You said that people use the fold to continuation bet stat. The problem is that it doesn't count when Villain folds against a river bet when I didn't barrel the turn for example.

Basically, there is the Postflop check-fold stat. I want that one but adding other situations like when Villain hasn't check.

For example, Headsup, let say Villain limps, I check OOP, we see the flop, I check OOP, he checks behind, I bet the turn. I'd like to know how much he folds but this situation is not covered by the postflop check-fold stat because Villain hasn't check the turn yet (he is IP).

There is "fold to flop bet", "fold to turn bet" and "fold to river". I want a stat which counts alltogether the 3 situations.

Very simply, I just want to know how often Villain folds to a postflop bet when he's facing one. "Postflop check/fold" doesn't take all the situations because Villain has to check before.

Patvs
11-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Fold to a "postflop" bet doesn't exist for exactly this reason.
It's much better to add "fold to flop bet", "fold to turn bet" and "fold to river" separately in the HUD. (or in a HUD popup!)

For example: if a player fold to flop bet 40%, fold to turn bet 40% and fold to river bet 80%.
And another player fold to flop bet 70%, fold to turn bet 40% and fold to river bet 40%.
Grouping them all into one "postflop fold" stat doesn't tell you anything.

If you want them alltogether: how often does a player fold postflop--> you could even use the WENT TO SHOWDOWN stat, and interpret it as how often a player will NOT-FOLD.

Rodolphe2005
11-22-2011, 09:17 PM
But "fold to postflop bet" converges faster than the other 3 ones. In my hud, if I see :
50% fold to flop bet, 85% fold to turn bet, 20% fold to river then I have no clue about how much he likes folding in general, his fold to postflop bet could be 60% or 40% with the same streets stats depending on sample size for all streets.

The went to showdown is useless for me because I play HU so the WTSD of Villain is the same than mine.

Patvs
11-22-2011, 09:40 PM
You can suggest it, or vote for it, here
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feature-requests-feedback/

omnimirage
12-02-2011, 02:31 AM
I also want this stat, please don't ignore us

omnimirage
12-02-2011, 02:34 AM
I should add that this stat amongst all total postflop fold/call/raise/bet stats used to be used frequently when I had PT3, no I'm not some amateur I have my reasons for wanting them, I requested these amongst other stats but was ignored and to be frank, this is a pretty big selling point for me when PT4 comes out, if HM2 fails to deliver/listen than I'm outta here

TheZepper
12-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Hi omnimirage - The Postflop Overall stats are on their way. Furthermore, we'll be adding a whole section of HU stats sometime fairly soon, and quite a few new vs Hero stats - including postflop stats - are in the works. As a matter of fact, a lot of vs Hero stats have already been added since your post, and I just sent some more thru today.

I assure you - we haven't ignored your requests: please note that we've already added over 750 new stats to HM2 - and it takes a lot of time to get all these new stats coded, organized, debugged and added to the current release.

TheZepper
12-25-2011, 11:06 AM
I think my alzheimer's must be flaring up again - but I'm not sure. :o

Several Postflop Overall stats that the two of you are looking for are already in the HM2 HUD stats - and have been for quite a while. They're currently listed in the Postflop - Misc Category.

However, we're working on a bunch of new overall stats as we speak and all of them should be available in the next week or so (inc the existing stats) in the soon-to-be-added HM2 HUD Postflop Overall Stats.

Also please note that one of the main reasons for the delay in adding these stats is our concern over the disproportionate effect that actions in limped pots have on overall stats in general. The postflop playing dynamics between limped and raised pots often vary dramatically - so we're going to add a separate Limped Pots Category to handle this.

As a final note, any input related to stats that you'd like to see are greatly appreciated - suggestions re: HU stats are currently on top of the wish list right now.

The Zepper
Unfortunately, I can't provide you any details on these stats relating to HM1 at this time ...

TexDanny
01-21-2012, 02:21 PM
However, we're working on a bunch of new overall stats as we speak and all of them should be available in the next week or so (inc the existing stats) in the soon-to-be-added HM2 HUD Postflop Overall Stats.

Did you added these stats ? I've only found the postflop - misc stats. Would like to have postflop overalll fold/call/raise.

Patvs
01-22-2012, 12:05 AM
HM2:
Postflop - Misc-->

Overall Bet
Overall Check-Fold
Overall Check-Call
Overcall Check-Raise

have been added.

epsylon
04-03-2014, 09:10 PM
HM2:
Postflop - Misc-->

Overall Bet
Overall Check-Fold
Overall Check-Call
Overcall Check-Raise

have been added.

Hi,
is it possible to add "overall bet fold on raise" ?

Sorry if this is wrong place but its pertinent to the discussion.

netsrak
04-04-2014, 04:09 AM
HM1 will have no further improvements, see this: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/661/HM1+End+of+Life+%28EOL%29+Common+Questions

epsylon
04-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Sorry, forgot to specify:
I have HM2, is it possible to add it in HM2?

Thanks!

fozzy71
04-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Sorry, forgot to specify:
I have HM2, is it possible to add it in HM2?

Thanks!

You can make HM2 suggestions here - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/feature-requests-feedback/

That being said: We have a large number of existing stat requests already and are trying to get them all added to HM2 before we write any new stat requests. Before we add all of the open stat requests we are trying to finalize our stats wiki list. This will be a comprehensive list of all stats and their definitions that gets updated automatically anytime new stats are added to HM2.

I haven't searched the open requests for your suggestion but there is a good chance it has already been suggested. If this stat request is not already written up in our system we may reconsider adding it in the future after we have finalized our stats wiki project if more people also show support for it.