PDA

View Full Version : 127.0.0.1 error

mwcon1
11-20-2011, 10:00 AM
hello when i start up hm i get this message
the following error occurred when trying to open database .failed to establish a conection to 127.0.0.1. i followed the procedure in sticky but still no luck.

martin

Patvs
11-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Turn on the secondary Logon. The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

morning storm
11-28-2011, 12:40 AM
hey patvs,

what is the idea behind the secondary log on?

morning storm
11-28-2011, 12:45 AM
if i am reinstalling postgres, which version should i dl? does it make a difference?

Patvs
11-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Secondary logon allows a second user account to run simultaneously.
Postgresql will use this to install a user "Postgres" on which it runs the Postgres server.

Secondary logon is often turned off by default on many computers.
When it's turned on, you can install any PostgreSql version.
Default we use is 8.4. But you're free to install 9.1.
Sometimes 8.4 (and later versions) won't run, when that happens try 8.2 instead: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.21/win32/postgresql-8.2.21-1.zip)

morning storm
11-28-2011, 01:19 AM
thank you patvs

is reinstalling postgres still the most reliable fix for 127 errors?

do you know of any recent windows updates that may explain why this problem has reoccurred?

thanks

edit: was opening to win the stars leaderboard today, whats the quickest solution you recommend??

edit2: the combo installer doesnt seem to be opening for me for whatever reason and am having trouble with ^ that link

Patvs
11-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Best remedy when you get the failed to establish a conection to 127.0.0.1 error is to try a different version of SQL, and also install it to a different port (for example to port 5433, instead to the default 5432)

I can download: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.21/win32/postgresql-8.2.21-1.zip)
just fine. Try downloading it from another browser.
Unzip it. Then install it using these instructions: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/70/ReinstallPostgreSQL

morning storm
11-28-2011, 03:10 AM
hi patvs

okay so have reinstalled postgres (i think) using the instructions from the link you provided

but uh im a bit unclear what to do now. hem still does not open but now the error says:

FATAL: 3D000: database 'holdem manager' does not exist.

and then it gives me option to create new database ?

:(

edit: is that the screen i should change to port 5433?

Patvs
11-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Create a new database. Start HoldemManager.

If the error returns, run dbcontrolpanel.exe (from the HoldemManager folder)
Database Management--> Connect--> select the database-> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

morning storm
11-28-2011, 03:14 AM
should i change port number to 5433?

do i need to give database any particular name?

thanks patvs

Patvs
11-28-2011, 03:30 AM
If port 5432 was used during the installation, it will only run on port 5432, and is not possible to change the port in Database Management (dbcontrolpanel.exe).

If the failed to establish a conection to 127.0.0.1 ever error returns, install a different version of PostgreSQL to port 5433.

morning storm
11-28-2011, 03:34 AM
hmm ok so where do i import hands from? its importing now, but how much of my database can i expect to recover?

thanks

morning storm
11-28-2011, 03:40 AM
oh wow it seems to be importing everything

3 times now this has been a great solution. i just forget what worked every time!!

Patvs
11-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Run a import from folder on your archive folder, C:/HMArchive, and -assuming you didn't play on the Microgaming network whose hands aren't being archived- it should restore ALL your old hands.

morning storm
11-28-2011, 03:51 AM
thanks patvs... as always

morning storm
11-29-2011, 02:22 AM
okay so my computer froze and when i restart, exactly same problem, same thing in 2 days now.

any idea why?

morning storm
11-29-2011, 02:24 AM
okay so i should install a different version of postgres to port 5433

from the same page as before?

can you explain why this instruction

tahnks

Patvs
11-29-2011, 05:08 AM
First try to delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file. And reboot.

If that doesn't resolve it:
Install SQL 9.1 (or 9.0) to port 5433 with the installer from PostgreSQL: Welcome (http://www.postgresql.org)
Install instructions: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/70/ReinstallPostgreSQL

Any PostgreSQL connection is very sensitive to hard-reboots / or when your computer crashes.
Do you know what caused the freeze? Do you often -when the computer freezes- just click the reset button, when you still have to option to wait for it to unfreeze, or perform a proper shutdown?

morning storm
12-04-2011, 01:13 AM
hm yes. back again because same error, sigh. that makes sense, my computer has crashed a few times now (i think i have some sort of virus im still trying to get rid of), and each time HEM hasnt been working when i reboot.

yes, when my computer freezes, i generally crash close it. is it even possible to perform a proper shutdown in these situations?

do i need to download a different postgres version each time this happens?

thanks

Patvs
12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
When this happens again: First try to delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file. And reboot.

If that doesn't resolve it: reinstall Postgresql (the same version you were using before) and you can have to create a new database and reimport the hands.

If you have a large database, create a backup of the database. It only takes 10 minutes to RESTORE a .backup. (instead of spending hours of reimporting all the original handhistories)

Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

morning storm
12-05-2011, 02:09 AM
hi, so my problem seems to have changed. redownloading postgres is no longer working

'An error occurred while loading the Prefs Diles: Root element is missing.'

i click okay basically and nothing happens. there is no postmaster.pid file to be found either (i dont think at least)

im not sure what to do at this point

edit: this was after downloading postgress 9.1 this morning when i got at 127 error again

netsrak
12-05-2011, 05:54 AM
I guess this error comes from Holdemmanager? There is a corrupt file.
You find it in the subfolder config of your holdemmanager installation path ( c:\program files(X86)\rvg software\holdemmanager\config or something similar depending on your installation).
The file is named prefs.xml. It may be just called prefs if you've extentions turned off.
Delete this file and start HEM again. A default prefs.xml file will be generated.

morning storm
12-05-2011, 07:37 AM
you HEM support guys have the most weird and mystical advice

thanks, that appears to have done the trick for now. :)

morning storm
12-05-2011, 08:31 AM
hmm so my hud configurations are gone :( anyway to recover these

morning storm
12-05-2011, 10:24 AM
ok hud configurations can be reworked, whatevs

my HUD isnt working though haha. sorry about this.

morning storm
12-06-2011, 09:43 AM
okay is there any reason deleting that file netsrak, that my hud shouldnt pop up anymore?

Patvs
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM
With a new prefs.xml file, re-setup your auto import folders.
On which site are you playing? Add the auto import folder, check if the hands are being imported properly from that folder.
Try using the TableFinder: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/ConfiguringTableFinderToShowHUD