PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.1'

andnyf
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
When I setup my computer at home from school, I opened my HEM 1.09 beta 23a and it states the error message in the title (obviously meant 127.0.0.1) and brings me to the database control panel with the four fields. I am able to connect on my other computer and the four fields are exactly the same.

I recently accidentally saved over my postgresql.conf file and tried copying the file from my computer that works, not sure if this matters.

I also tried reinstalling HEM.

I'd rather not have to go through the "Still Can't Connect to PosgreSQL? Try This!" sticky if I can.

Thanks

fozzy71
08-06-2009, 06:55 PM
I recently accidentally saved over my postgresql.conf file and tried copying the file from my computer that works, not sure if this matters......

Reinstall SQL and use the same DB.

To Uninstall Postgresql:

Vista: Turn off UAC - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Turn off Windows Firewall and Windows Defender for installing HM and PostgreSQL. Once you get those installed you can add exceptions to the firewall. If you have a 3rd party firewall, uninstall it completely before installing HM/SQL - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall

Reinstall postgresql.

How do I re-install PostgreSQL and use a previous database? (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177)

Logging:

I would suggest you turn off logging on your new SQL installation as well as these other performance improvements - Top 10: HEM performance increase tips
(http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613)

To turn off logging, follow these instructions. This is the first thing I do anytime I install SQL for someone.

- Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View > UnCheck 'Hide Extensions for known file types' > OK

- C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\data\postgresql.conf > Right-Click > Open With.. > NotePad > Check 'Always use this program'

- Scroll about half way down to ~Lines 245 - 260:

- The last line of this block of code, for the 'logging_collector', must be changed from On to Off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# - Where to Log -

log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of
# stderr, csvlog, syslog and eventlog,
# depending on platform. csvlog
# requires logging_collector to be on.

# This is used when logging to stderr:
logging_collector = off # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

File > Save; File > Close

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload Configuration.

andnyf
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately I am still having troubles. I carefully followed your instructions, but after not initializing a database I get the following message

The specified data directory does not contain an existing database cluster. Installing without initializing a database cluster in this case will produce an installation that will not start.

I proceeded anyway, but when I tried to turn off logging the data folder was empty (after unhiding). Also, HEM displayed the same message when trying to open it.

Did I accidently delete my previous database when running revo? I used all the default settings.

How do I proceed?

fozzy71
08-06-2009, 09:41 PM
It sounds like after the option to select and delete the registry entries, you also selected and deleted the \data files and folders on the final revo screen? I guess my cliff notes need a bit more clarification for those steps.

You are going to need to install it and initialize the DB cluster. This is going to create a new, empty DB. Then you can use the Import From Folder option and import your archived hand histories. You will also want to import the HM Processed hands, which are typically located in C:\HMArchive.

ivosilva83
08-07-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm having this problem for over half a year. bought the program to more than half a year and use it I was little or no because I have always this error.

uninstall and install everything again solves the problem to me but by hours.

I have done everything that is in this thread and nothing faq'se.

I need an urgent solution? need help? what can I do to resolve this?

when it appears a fair and viable solution to this problem?

fozzy71
08-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Schedule a remote support session with my support manager. Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings.

ivosilva83
08-08-2009, 10:53 PM
is now on!
which does not understand and that if necessary in a few days to let him, that is not stabilized.

this is the big problem, is well past to make some use it to leave.

if happen again after I come back to ask for help.