PDA

View Full Version : run as administrator

Kjell
08-06-2009, 10:43 AM
First of all, let me say that never should I have to go through this much trouble to get the information/help I need in order to use a product I am supposed to pay money for. Looking through a forum for hours instead of contacting a support team, having to register in said forum to post a question that may help me purchase your product is terrible customer relations. Just aweful.

Having said that I would now like to know someone's take on my problem.

When i try to start the holdem manager, I get to a splash screen and a "first screen" that offers the options of more info, buy now, register, cancel, and a faded out try button. When I close the program, i get a licencing issues popup, this gives me a list of options that may or may not be the cause of my problem. The only applicable one there is that I should run HM as administrator. When doing so with poker tracker, all I do is right click it, and I am presented with the option of "run as administrator". I dont have that option with HM, so could someone kindly help me with how I go about doing that, so I can try this software out.

fozzy71
08-06-2009, 11:44 AM
We have found that the forums are a much easier/faster way of dealing with most problems. The entire conversation can be followed by any of our support staff to help you. If you have a long email conversation with one of the support staff, no one else will be privy to that previous information and will have to start over helping you from scratch.

That being said, you can always email any problems to support@holdemmanager.net, sales@holdemmanager.net, or any of the support staff. Our support manager is fabio@holdemmanager.net and my email is fozzy@holdemmanager.net.

If you have Vista, please verify that UAC is still off. (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73) If it is on, please turn it off and reboot.

If you have installed this software before, longer than 15 days ago, your trial period is over. There is no way to extend the trial. The only options would be installing to a new PC or reinstalling Windows. :eek:

If none of that helps, please give us any more details you can so we can assist you.

Kjell
08-07-2009, 12:22 AM
I had that off, then turned it back on, neither settings worked, and the software has me listed as day 0/15, so that should be ok. I'm not sure what else I could provide information wise.

netsrak
08-07-2009, 04:27 AM
0/15 means your trial is over. So what exactly is your question?

Kjell
08-07-2009, 05:50 AM
0/15 means your trial is over. So what exactly is your question?

what - exactly - is my question? Nothing. That was a pretty snotty way to answer. I came here in good faith wanting to try a product. I was met by a system that was more troublesome that usual, but it was explained to me it had worked out for your guys as the better way to do it.
That I can live with, but paired up with the fact that I get THIS thrown in my face like I am some sort of idiot for even daring to ask you people a question tells me all I need to know about you, your product and how you treat your customers whenever they DARE to do anything other than simply pay a fee and shut up.
Never mind me, never mind my thread. There are other companies offering the same services you do, and some of them actually appreciate the business, believe it or not.

netsrak
08-07-2009, 07:40 AM
When you install Holdemmanager you have 15 days to test it. For me it sounds like this 15 days are over.

So there is nothing we can do for you. It is not possible to extend the trial. The only thing you can do is installing Holdemmanager on another computer for a new trial or use a virtual machine or reinstall your windows (which i don't think you want to do).
Sorry about that.