PDA

View Full Version : Finding POKERSTARS VPP per hand with holdem manager?

Reite
08-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Is it possible to make a custom stat for this? That could show me how many VPPs i have earned in the same way as it shows rake paid?

The rules would be 1 for every pot that reaches 0.40$ raked and 1 for every pot that reaches 3$.

If not, is there any other way to find this through holdem manager?

morny
08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
It might be possible to make a custom stat if your familiar with using custom reports, if not then there will be a custom report wizard been added soon for people who cant write their own queries for tasks like this.

microbob
08-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Just to clarify: The rules he listed for VPP accrual are only for certain games.

The general rules for most holdem games that aren't the nosebleed stakes are:

Full-ring
1/2 and lower (limit and NL): 1 VPP at $0.40 rake, 2nd VPP at $3 rake
2/4 and higher (limit and NL): 1 VPP at $1 rake, 2nd VPP at $3 rake

On 6-max tables:
2nd VPP is at $2 rake

Also note that the 2nd VPP for $2 rake is only on 6-max tables. If you are playing a full-ring table (with 9 or 10 seats) that has 6 or fewer players you still need $3 rake to get the 2nd VPP.

It's different for the heads-up tables too but since I don't play on those I don't really care.

Anyway, a way to filter for total number of hands reaching X rake would give one the ability to determine their VPP accrual. I'm new to HEM but I'll trust from you guys that this isn't possible (was possible on PT2...not sure on PT3).

morny
08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
The problem is Rake is currenly calculated by Total rake divided by No of Players. It will however be updated to correspond with the supported sites actual way of calculating rake in the near future. Im not sure how Stars rake is calculated but unless its the same way then the whole calculation would be innacurate

microbob
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
The VPP's and FPP's on Stars are determined by the total rake in the hand.
If a hand at 1/2 is raked at least $0.40 then everyone at the table received 1 VPP (where they fold preflop or not).

It would be nice to be able to do such calculations on your own via a filter.

Calculating rakeback % on PokerStars is pretty tricky though because different VIP levels receive a different FPP multiplier.
Supernova's get 3.5x FPP's per VPP. An FPP is worth about 1.6 cents.
So if I'm on a hand that is raked $0.40 and I get 1 VPP then that is essentially 5.6 cents coming my way.

But it gets more complicated than that with milestones and the Elite program (you get $1200 when you reach 200k VPP's etc).

I'm kind of known on 2+2 as something of an FPP and Stars-rakeback expert and may be willing to help you figure out some of this stuff and how to incorporate the calculations into your program. Considering the number of PM's and Q's in the forums I receive about this regularly I think it's safe to say that some people would be interested in it.