PDA

View Full Version : This is insane, please change your software and allow multiple sites

El Helado
11-19-2011, 02:37 PM
I talked a lot with morny about Tiltdemon, a software he developed that from scratch allowed me to play at my 8-11 different networks at the same time and lock me out. This is what smart players do, they play where the games are good. I then read about tiltdemon getting cancelled and tried out TiltBreaker. It works fine but was so bothered with the fact that you only support 2-3 sites which ruins the whole idea about the software. Anyways, so I stopped using that and thought that I was just gonna wait until you add site support for all sites, one by one. Then I look at the app-store and you actually sell each site for 50$ each? Lol?

Please change your strategy for this and you will gain many more happy customers. By the look of the number of posts in this forum then it looks like I am right.

Tilt Breaker
11-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi El Helado,

Unfortunately adding sites isn't that simple with the strategy we use, which is not only superior in terms of practicality, but is also a necessity. How would you propose that we add Tournament support under the closing/blocking of the .exe strategy? If a player reached a lockdown with an active tournament up, you would either have to wait out the tournament, meaning players could keep playing cash, or close everything and kill the active tournament. Either solution results in much more angrier posts than yours : ) Also the closing/blocking solution doesn't account for Hand History settings in the poker site, meaning you could simply turn off HH's before you reach a rule; thus custom integration with each and every site is an absolute necessity. Plus custom integration allows for such cleaner solutions and more features.

That said, I'm considering using that implementation (close/block the .exe and Block HH settings) to create a Tilt Breaker Lite for sites we are unlikely to add the custom integration for, and at a cheaper price just so we can have support for all sites in some capacity. We have a lot of other stuff to accomplish before we get to that though.

Speaking of price, you are slightly off in your interpretation of our pricing scheme. It is actually only $50 (or $25 for Small Stakes) for the very FIRST site, every additional site is only $10 more (or $5 for Small Stakes). I'll take the full blame for that though as I think most people will see what you saw. I am heavily leaning towards changing the price back to a flat rate to avoid any confusion like that.

As for the forum traffic... we're not even integrated into HM2 yet and we've only just got on the site, cut me some slack:)!

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to your thoughts,

Adam

Tilt Breaker
11-19-2011, 06:55 PM
To clarify I am going to keep adding new sites; it will just take time.

Adam

Capt36feet
11-19-2011, 07:39 PM
+1 reply Adam. Very impressed with your approach. I'm trialling tb now and like the software and your approach to support and new ideas

Tilt Breaker
11-19-2011, 07:55 PM
+1 reply Adam. Very impressed with your approach. I'm trialling tb now and like the software and your approach to support and new ideas

Thanks Capt. Glad you like the software, and appreciate your support.

Adam

El Helado
11-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi El Helado,

Unfortunately adding sites isn't that simple with the strategy we use, which is not only superior in terms of practicality, but is also a necessity. How would you propose that we add Tournament support under the closing/blocking of the .exe strategy? If a player reached a lockdown with an active tournament up, you would either have to wait out the tournament, meaning players could keep playing cash, or close everything and kill the active tournament. Either solution results in much more angrier posts than yours : ) Also the closing/blocking solution doesn't account for Hand History settings in the poker site, meaning you could simply turn off HH's before you reach a rule; thus custom integration with each and every site is an absolute necessity. Plus custom integration allows for such cleaner solutions and more features.

That said, I'm considering using that implementation (close/block the .exe and Block HH settings) to create a Tilt Breaker Lite for sites we are unlikely to add the custom integration for, and at a cheaper price just so we can have support for all sites in some capacity. We have a lot of other stuff to accomplish before we get to that though.

Speaking of price, you are slightly off in your interpretation of our pricing scheme. It is actually only $50 (or $25 for Small Stakes) for the very FIRST site, every additional site is only $10 more (or $5 for Small Stakes). I'll take the full blame for that though as I think most people will see what you saw. I am heavily leaning towards changing the price back to a flat rate to avoid any confusion like that.

As for the forum traffic... we're not even integrated into HM2 yet and we've only just got on the site, cut me some slack:)!

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to your thoughts,

Adam

I am pretty sure that 95% of your customers are cash game players. And most of the cash game players do not play tourneys. So most of us do not really care about the tourney-option.

Okay, yeah I missunderstood the pricing. That pricing does not seem insane.

Hehe, maybe I was a bit harsh but really love the idea of tiltbreaker but am a bit bothered by the fact that tiltdemon went down and tiltbreaker does not support me and thousands other multi-network grinders, usually the more serious players that would buy a software like this for 50$.

The light-version is perfect and it should all be synced to a HM-alias since i would assume that it would be complicated if timezones are off etc so if I lose $500 on cake and 800$ on ipoker where there is 5 hour difference from the hh-time then it would get tracked as 2 different sessions hence not passing say a 1k$ stoploss limit etc etc.

Tilt Breaker
11-20-2011, 09:32 PM
The light-version is perfect and it should all be synced to a HM-alias since i would assume that it would be complicated if timezones are off etc so if I lose $500 on cake and 800$ on ipoker where there is 5 hour difference from the hh-time then it would get tracked as 2 different sessions hence not passing say a 1k$ stoploss limit etc etc.

Tilt Breaker is a stand alone app actually; nothing from HM is needed except for using the database to run Optimus' reports. We handle the timezone stuff internally, so no worries there.

Adam