PDA

View Full Version : What is this allin $ev for?

unk78
08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
I was looking at alot of different graphs now and in every graph i see the allin ev line is way below the showdown winning line.

So what is the $EV for?

I found a thread from last year where it is said that youre working on a different cash line which is more accurate, so is this the accurate one now?

I think the $EV is way below the allin winnings because i get in 1/3 of my stack preflop very often and then HEM only calculates the $EV postflop but not preflop.

So what kind of use does this $EV has to me?

fozzy71
08-05-2009, 10:47 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=68

unk78
08-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Yeah i know how its beeing calculated.

But how can i interpret that number?
What kind of use does this $EV has to me?

I obviously cant compare it to the showdown winnings line since its always way below it.

I cant compare it to the total winnnings line also, because of the non showdown winnings.

unk78
08-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Ok i just found out that the allin ev is not a feature its a bug, so why dont you remove it until its calculated right?!

Have you ever tried PokerEV? Its a very useful software because it tells you street by street where you make good +ev decisions.
Or make a cooperation witht the PokerEV guy and let him use your database structure also.

Here are some quotes from other users just to prove my opinion and so the other forum users might understand that issue.

Yeah, I agree, as EV is calculated now it's pretty much useless and can lead you to make some very wrong conclusions. Playing style can actually affect your EV line which should not be possible. As it is now imho the EV stats should be removed altogether untill it is calculated correctly.

I have only one vote left but it's going to this one.

This is especially irksome in PLO, where you can put in 95% of someone's stack on a freeroll, and because that last 5% goes in after the last card your freeroll isn't counted.