PDA

View Full Version : frustrating 11m hand database, help plz.

LeviJ88
11-18-2011, 06:18 PM
It appears as though it needs 60ish hours to crunch this database at threads: 6. I left HM2 note caddy running for about 24 hours, came back to my computer the next day and it was lagging out insanely, not even half way through the database. I clicked stop, waited a while, and restarted my comp. I re opened note caddy and started the process again assuming it would start from where it left off and hopefully restoring my computer health, but it started from the beginning again!

I don't want to leave my computer running for the entire process, that can't be good for it, and besides after running it for a while it lags out too much, that means I have to take a few days off from my computer + work, and I rather not do that. Like I said in my previous post, this database includes 2 years from other sites and small stakes that I would like to skip the note taking process for. I purged all the hands from other sites and smaller stakes, AND set up a filter on note caddy to only take notes on 1/2 - 5/10 plo hands on stars, which I would guess is only a fraction of the database. After purging, filtering, restarting comp, and going at it again. It starts from the beginning and still displays "processing hand # of 11.5m" the entire database! Should it still display the max database but just skip hands that don't match the filter, OR should it display "... of (the amount that match the filter)" ? It seems like its still taking notes on every hand!

Oh also, I remember watching a note caddy video where the guy did 10k hands quickly and it took 3k notes. I think he said 3:1 ratio was like.. about average? After 3m hands it took 4m notes!! Is that a lot?

Another question, I can't seem to find the video I saw this in, but I think I remember him hovering his mouse over the corner of his HUD and it displayed the notes. Is this something I have to add in my HUD? Where do I view all these notes I'm making? Do I have to export or save them somewhere?
Edit: found it. Why is mine different?36371

P.s.Dropped alot of money on this new comp, 2.8ghz hexacore w 16gigs ram. For it to take this long and lag so much is insane to me.

Edit: Been running for a while now at threads: 1. If I up it from that, that's when my comp starts to lag, like it says it would. Understandable. But I'm running at 10hands/sec. From my calculations, (11500000/10/60/60/24), it should be done in 13.3days, and I can't turn off my comp or it'll start from scratch. Seriously? Hopefully I can get some help by then. Thanks!

sreticentv
11-18-2011, 09:05 PM
how many definitions are you using? Did you turn on the turbo hand grabber? The notes will have restarted due to yesterday's new patch - they won't do that each time. The lagging after many notes should also be fixed as of yesterday's version 5680

Another question, I can't seem to find the video I saw this in, but I think I remember him hovering his mouse over the corner of his HUD and it displayed the notes. Is this something I have to add in my HUD? Where do I view all these notes I'm making? Do I have to export or save them somewhere?

if someone has notes that will show up. It is different because that is from hm1. All the videos for hm2 are linked at the bottom of this post http://forums.holdemmanager.com/notecaddy/147941-just-getting-started-notecaddy-read-first.html

P.s.Dropped alot of money on this new comp, 2.8ghz hexacore w 16gigs ram. For it to take this long and lag so much is insane to me.

ssd ftw

LeviJ88
11-18-2011, 10:06 PM
definitions are default, turbo hand grabber on. yea i did update when I restarted my comp, running a bit faster.

About the notes, the icon to hover over isnt there?

LeviJ88
11-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Note caddy is gweebing out now. Doesn't wanna work right anymore. HM2 is lagging like fuck for everything now. Fuck it, deleted the database. Created a new one, just going to import this months hands.

And the HUD, seems to be because I imported a 1.0 HUD. Creating HUD from scratch seems to put the note caddy box in top left.