PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager suddenly stopped importing

showerman9
08-25-2008, 02:47 PM
I bought holdem manager about a week ago and everything was working fine until yesterday. The hh's are still being saved to the same folder but hem seems to not recognize them anymore. When I open the program it says that it is importing and the top three buttons are greyed out. However the import progress bar never moves and when I click stop import it goes to Stopping... and doesn't change for hours. I play on Stars btw. thanks

fabio
08-25-2008, 03:52 PM
HM automatically starts importing when you launch it?

showerman9
08-25-2008, 11:19 PM
It says it does but it doesn't anymore. This happened out of the blue after it had been working for a week.

shoe
08-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Actually, it's been working fine throughout.

Today, I downloaded the update (1.06.02), and started it up. I Start Auto Import, and the Table Manager pops up.

However, while it is listing the tables I'm on, it is not recording any hands, and the HUD doesn't show.

(Interestingly, I did system restore and tried to revert back. When I started the Auto Import now though, only the past hands & the little notes icon show up. None of my HUD containing all the stats showed... so I re-restored back to today.

I've tried the FAQ, everthing I can think of... no avail.
I don't know what the problem is.

showerman9
08-26-2008, 01:29 AM
I have the update now still no luck.

fabio
08-26-2008, 04:40 AM
Can you give me some Details on your computer?

shoe
08-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Well for my part, I have Windows XP. And all throughout (my time using HEM), its run fine. I downloaded the update yesterday, and now its not importing.
Again, the Table Manager lists my tables and all. But no hands are being recorded. Other than the download (which took a couple hours), I can't imagine anything I did to affect it.
After installation (and the first time I fired up HEM with the new update, it did ask me a question, and I think I clicked No. I can't remember what it asked but, it wasn't related to this issue I don't think.)
Any help would be great of course.

morny
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Can you create a new database http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146 and see if that lets you import and shows the HUD, then if its still not working please attach your your prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

showerman9
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I can't create a new database because I can't stop importing. When I click stop import it just says stopping... and I have left it on for hours with no luck. I am running windows vista, I think i attached my prefs but Im not completely sure.

shoe
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Can you create a new database http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146 and see if that lets you import and shows the HUD, then if its still not working please attach your your prefs.xml file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

Morny,
In creating a new database, it does seem to be recording the hands and displaying the HUD. But:
1) the player stats window now is just an asterisk. It is still displaying the table data (i.e. VPIP of the table, & past few hands), but the player stats strangely appear only as asterisks.

2) With creation of a New Database (as my default), how does that affect me (and my ability to reference) my previous Main database?

3) As for my prefs.xml, do I just copy the text to the body of the message here? I have two of such in my Config folder: 1.04.13 & 1.05.08

Thanks for the help.

morny
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I can't create a new database because I can't stop importing. When I click stop import it just says stopping... and I have left it on for hours with no luck. I am running windows vista, I think i attached my prefs but Im not completely sure.

Please kill the process via task manager or if you dont know how to do that restart your PC and then create the new database

morny
08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Morny,
In creating a new database, it does seem to be recording the hands and displaying the HUD. But:
1) the player stats window now is just an asterisk. It is still displaying the table data (i.e. VPIP of the table, & past few hands), but the player stats strangely appear only as asterisks.

2) With creation of a New Database (as my default), how does that affect me (and my ability to reference) my previous Main database?

3) As for my prefs.xml, do I just copy the text to the body of the message here? I have two of such in my Config folder: 1.04.13 & 1.05.08

Thanks for the help.

Youll need to open the old database and backup and export the hands then open the new one and import the hands into that.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12

When you say there is a star it sound like youve no stats selected. Go to PHud Options > Player Preferences and see if there is stats selected and if not add some then look at the hud. If your still having problems attach the prefs.xml file not the other 2 you mentioned.

showerman9
08-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Everytime I open holdem manager this happens and I can't start a new database. I have tried restarting several times.

morny
08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Dont open Holdem Manager, go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager and open DBControlPanel.exe and before clicking on starting a database, follow the instructions to create a new one.

Im getting mixed up since theres 2 of ye posting on the same thread but if you have Vista also make sure UAC is disabled http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73

shoe
08-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Youll need to open the old database and backup and export the hands then open the new one and import the hands into that.

http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12

When you say there is a star it sound like youve no stats selected. Go to PHud Options > Player Preferences and see if there is stats selected and if not add some then look at the hud. If your still having problems attach the prefs.xml file not the other 2 you mentioned.

Thanks morny...
It looks like you solved my problems, and I appreciate that. I guess when I downloaded the update, among other things, I have to go back and re-enter my HUD configuration.
But I also did the export ("Holdem Manager") --> import (to "Holdem Manager 2"). As that goes, I now have like 10 databases in there, many from my Poker Tracker days. Do I/Can I do anything to clean that up? (i.e. is it necessary?)

Thanks again morny. I'll fiddle more to confirm that its all good.

showerman9
08-26-2008, 10:57 PM
I got it figured out now, my anti virus had me switch back the user account control and I had forgotten. Thanks a lot for your help.