PDA

View Full Version : Roll back

inavacuum
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
How do I roll back to version 1.05.09? This is the only version that is stable for me, and has been proven to be stable over a long period of time. How do I revert from 1.06 to 1.05.09? All the version links seem to be for 1.06+

Rvg72
08-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi, have you tried 1.06.02 from www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.02.exe?

It really should be stable and if not let me know what is happening and we'll try to fix it

Roy

inavacuum
08-25-2008, 02:29 PM
I've made a post in the 1.06.02 thread regarding the issue. I upgraded to 1.06 initially and this caused flickering stats with Betfair. Using the 1.05.09a HUD with 1.06 worked fine however.

Upgrading to 1.06.02 and using the 1.05.09a HUD had no flickering, but the stats for each HUD section were tiny and couldn't be resized no matter what options were set (screenshot in 1.06.02 thread. If the newest HUD version is used, the font sizes are correct but the flickering is back.

So, I need to go back to 1.06 or 1.05.09 and obtain the 1.05.09 HUD file, which I don't have on this laptop.

inavacuum
08-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Is there a reason why you don't allow older versions to be downloaded? Much as I'd like to use the latest version, it doesn't work. The older one does. Am I going to have to find someone with that version and ask them to send me the files? That seems awfully convoluted for something I've paid for.

morny
08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
You can keep the manager at 1.06 and revert the hud back to 1.05.09 by downloading http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/1.5.9hud.zip and unzipping those 2 files over the same 2 files in your holdem manager folder

The problem is any HUD problems you get cannot be patched if your using an older version.

Rvg72
08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Is there a reason why you don't allow older versions to be downloaded? Much as I'd like to use the latest version, it doesn't work. The older one does. Am I going to have to find someone with that version and ask them to send me the files? That seems awfully convoluted for something I've paid for.

Hi, I will get you an older version but there are a couple of reasons why I want to determine the problem. first of all, eventually you will want to update and so we would need to find and fix the problem you are having. secondly, new versions make DB changes which are not friendly to older versions so going back could create additional issues.

Regarding Betfair, just about every person with this issue found that by 1) installing the latest video card drivers and if needed 2) remove all transparency so set opacity all the way to the right in the HUD Options configuration forms.

Please try this first because like I said going back could create additional issues for you. Regarding the tiny fonts in the 1.5.9 hud under version 1.6.2, you should be able to get around this by unchecking the scale fonts option although hopefully with the changes I suggested there will be no need to do this

Roy

inavacuum
08-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Thank you for the reply Roy, apologies if my tone was off but I'm having to use my laptop for the time being and the thought of not having a HUD put me slightly on life tilt. I've not upgraded my main computer yet so I don't know if this problem effects it.

To address your post:

Scale fonts (on or off) has no effect on the tiny fonts when using version 1.06.02 and the 1.5.9 HUD. I have the latest graphic drivers for my laptop, but this does not stop the flickering when using 1.06.02 and the latest HUD. I have also set the transparency options as directed.

I now have the 1.5.9 HUD files, thank you morny. What I also need is the 1.06.00 client exe as this is a combination that I know works.

Summary of the issues:

1.5.9+1.5.9 = works perfectly
1.06.00+1.5.9 = works perfectly
1.06.00+1.06.00 HUD = correct sizes fonts, flickering
1.06.02+1.5.9 = no flickering, but tiny fonts
1.06.02+latest HUD = correct size fonts, flickering

If you would be able to make the 1.06.00 client available it would be much appreciated.

morny
08-26-2008, 06:55 AM
I dont currently have a link for that version but ill look into getting one for you, Maybe i could do a teamviewer session in the meantime to have a look at the issue with the fonts, going back that far is likely to cause you alot of issues aswell as the fact that youll be losing out on lots of new features including font resizing, multiple layout configurations etc

If this is suitable then please email me at morny@holdemmanager.net

inavacuum
08-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Email sent.