PDA

View Full Version : hm2 problem importing

poison
11-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Hello. I have just installed HM2, imported all my database from HM1, like 1,3 mil hands, but every time i start HM2 it loads only 500k hands or something. When i click on session i only get like 15 k hands played this month. Tried expoorting all my hands from this month from HM1, imported to HM2 again and it tells me that all of the hands are duplicate, but still i only have 15k hands instead of 56k at sessions this month. 2nd, it uses a LOT of ram. Hm1 works smoothly using like 150MB, and HM2 uses like 600Mb, which is way up. And everytime i restart the Hm2 it loads other sessions from this month. How can i load all of them ?

poison
11-16-2011, 07:23 PM
and 2nd of all. Will you ever have a Mac version?

poison
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
a little update. I uninstalled hm2, uninstalled and then installed again net framework 3.5 and 4.0, all my updates are up to date, i then installed Hm2, and heard that will work if i make a clean database and then import my hands, so when i click to make a database, i get the window with creating database HoldemManager2, work in progress, please stand by, but i stood for like 5 minutes and nothing is happening. What can i do to make this work ? I really need HM2, and i lost more then 7 hours trying to configure. I can't stay without playing poker for days just because you updated to a bugs full version.

udbrky
11-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Please backup your hm1 DB, upload to a site like megaupload or dropbox and send a link to us with a link to this thread - hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Create a new DB and import from c:\hmarchive, there may be something corrupted with the hm1 db.

The create new DB does not take that long. Please send us a log file when it does.

Update to the latest version as it has performance improvements.

We have always said that a MAC version will be in the works, but our priority is the windows version for now.

Where is:
My log file
7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7 (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial151.html)
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager
Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_show_file_extensions.mspx?mfr=true)

poison
11-19-2011, 09:35 AM
How do u mean to backup the db ? Through the backup from hm1 ? or from pgadmin 3?
I solved my problem like this: I went to the hands tab on hm1, and filtered 1 month a time, then export every month, and then i imported the hands i exported from file, but i didn't exported all my hands from DB. If i tried to filter all my hands in Hands tab, the program would freeze. I updated the HM2 and i noticed it uses less ram then the other version, but still can't use it. When i try to play, i get the hud on the table, but when i click the stats for the popups, the popup opens, but is a popup with the colours from the PS ( like an aplication is not working and get the colours from another active aplication if you understand what i say). I ordered 8gb ram and a ssd, so i will have them this week and i will get back with an update, hope it will work flawless with 8 gb ram + ssd. Thank you

udbrky
11-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Backup is in DB Control Panel. You can't use a backup from HM1.

For the popup issue, make sure your graphics driver is up to date

Right click My Computer, click properties, open Device Manager
Open Display Adapter
Google search for "your model # driver" and download for your operating system

Make sure Windows is fully up to date and do a cleanup and reinstall of dot net.

Please make sure that your windows is uptodate, all service packs and windows updates installed.
Uninstall your current NetFramework version with this tool: http://videos.holdemmanager.com/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip
and download the NET installer and run it
For XP / Vista http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe
For Win7 - NET4 Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en)

poison
11-22-2011, 06:58 AM
i am backing up the DB now and i will send it as soon as it finish. As for the display adapter, i can't update to the latest driver as i am running windows on vmware fusion on mac and i can't update the video driver, since it uses some vmware drivers. I just upgraded to 8gb ram, so i will test it later, should work now. If not, i will go for a SSD too.

MartinBKK
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Don't waste your cash on new hardware. I have exactly the same issues as you - every one of them in fact and i'm
running a top of the range pc.

I'm leaving HM2 for now and will come back to it when these issues are resolved.

poison
11-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Martin i donno, i think something is not ok at me, cause i talked to other guys and have no problems. I just made a clean install of the windows, and i am importing now again. Hope it will work, cause i really want that vs Hero stats.

@udbrky i have sent the database to your email, uploaded by trafic.ro

hitsy
11-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Or an easy way is-

go to HEM and goto 'options' then 'database management'

CLick connect. The click 'Export hands'.... best to create a folder on your desktop and save it there.

Then go into HM2, and on the home tab there's the 'hand importing' symbol. Just click that and then 'import folder', selct the folder from your desktop and you're in business.

udbrky
11-26-2011, 01:26 AM
If you want to import that way, import from the raw hand histories in c:\hmarchive, instead of spending time exporting, then importing.