PDA

View Full Version : Export/Import Note and Color Definitions

ronaldst
11-16-2011, 11:56 AM
I've used NoteCaddy a long time now and happy to see this implemented into HM2. However! Is there a way for me to export the note and color definitions I've made in NoteCaddy 2 (standalone version) and then import them to the NoteCaddy implemented in HM2?

There's probably other posts about this topic, but I simply could not find them. Shoot me!

sreticentv
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
hi. Thank you for using NoteCaddy. Click tools->import->note definitions and pick the files.

They should be located in c:\program files (x86)\notecaddy 2\definitions

For the color definitions, you could do the same. It might be easier to just copy the file though. It is called ColorDefinitions.xml

So copy from c:\program files (x86)\notecaddy 2\

to

C:\Users\YourWindowsLogin\AppData\Roaming\HoldemMa nager

ronaldst
11-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Great. Thank you.

mmmreece
09-24-2013, 03:51 PM
I am looking for a way to move my color definitions from a pc running windows xp 64 bit to a pc running windows xp pro but the C:\Users\YourWindowsLogin\AppData\Roaming\HoldemMa nager address seems to be irrelevant. I've done a search for the Colordefinitions.xml file (or something similar named to that) but when I open it, it opens in firefox and doesn't show any of my custom colour definitions. Please help

NotecaddyEdge
09-24-2013, 06:15 PM
I am looking for a way to move my color definitions from a pc running windows xp 64 bit to a pc running windows xp pro but the C:\Users\YourWindowsLogin\AppData\Roaming\HoldemMa nager address seems to be irrelevant. I've done a search for the Colordefinitions.xml file (or something similar named to that) but when I open it, it opens in firefox and doesn't show any of my custom colour definitions. Please help

Hi mmmreece,

You can try this to find the directory: In NoteCaddy right click on a Note Definition, then select 'Open Containing Folder.' Now you'll just need to navigate up one directory and you should find the ColorDefinitions.xml :)

mmmreece
09-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks. I loaded up the xml file and all my 25 colour definitions were there. It's very much appreciated.

sreticentv
09-24-2013, 07:09 PM
I've done a search for the Colordefinitions.xml file (or something similar named to that) but when I open it, it opens in firefox and doesn't show any of my custom colour definitions. Please help

You don't need to open it, you just need to copy it to the new computer then click tools->import->color definitions then pick the file.

mmmreece
09-24-2013, 07:12 PM
I know. I opened it to check that it was the one with my definitions in it, as when I did a search for the file in windows search, the one that was coming up only had the standard "blue fish" "rock etc... in it, but none of my own definitions. It's copied now and working fine