PDA

View Full Version : HEM and POSTGRE: trouble making them work together

isipil
08-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Hello, i downloaded the latest version of HEM to try it after using pokertracker for a long time.
I have a couple issues making it work with postgresql.

At first i had downloaded the latest postgresql version (8.4) and HEM was able to connect to the service, but then would have an incompatibility problem with the encoding.

Then i downloaded the 8.3.7 postgresql version, and i get these errors:

Failed to connect to template1 database, Contrib files are installed but not activated in any database.

&

Could not connect to server. Connection refused.
Is the server running on Host 127 0 0 1 and accepting connections on port 5432?

plz help :\
firewall and UAC are disabled already.

After the installation completes, with these 2 errors i get, then HEM cant connect to the postgresql service.

Thanks in advance for the help.

netsrak
08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I suggest you reinstall postgresql 8.4 because it worked on your system.

In this thread page 2 you find what to do for the Holdemmanager database: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12925

fozzy71
08-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Make sure you fully uninstall all traces of your current Postgresql installation:

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall

isipil
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
well, the 8.4 was working but it wouldnt work due to the difference in encoding.

the 8.4.2 where you could set up the SQL ASCII encoding wasnt installing properly due to an unknown error 10030 or some similar number, popping up during the installation.

I uninstalled properly the previous version of postgresql with revo uninstaller before trying to install another version every time.
i m really lost i cant find a postgresql working decently on this computer.

isipil
08-04-2009, 01:39 PM
up.. :< tried again installing both versions and it's always the same

fozzy71
08-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Make sure you have the latest version of the .net framework.

1. Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list
2. Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

If that doesn't help, I will try to get it running for you. Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com software using all the default settings.

isipil
08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
still no luck :( sent you the e-mail