PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect from because same name database already exists

pmania
11-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Hello I want to connect from xp mode to my database, I already put in the ip in the pga_hba.conf file. And it can connect but I can't put in the name of my database because it's called HoldemManager2 and there's already a database with that name and I can't delete that one it seems. So what to do about it ?

K nevermind! :D I only had to create a database and then I could delete the HoldemManager2 database.

BTW: When I connect this way, do i have to put in the path to the original database parent folder ? Or just leave it standard ?

Sarek
11-16-2011, 06:23 PM
You can simply give new database another name.
DBparent: when you create new DB - you can set this parent anywhere. Btw, HM will remember this path for future.

pmania
11-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Yes, but wouldn't it be quicker too use the original parent if you have access to it ? Because this parent is full with all player names and small 1 kb files.

Sarek
11-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Yes, it is full of such files. But: they belongs to particular database. Exclusivelly.
If you will create new database - you will get another folder in DBParent - also with files. Even if this new DB will be "clone" of first.

pmania
11-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I don't want to create a new database, I was only trying to connect from a virtual pc to the postgresql server on the host pc.

Sarek
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
If you have this DBparent - just change one row in one table inside database - see pic