PDA

View Full Version : all-in EV line

Johi
08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
im not really sure if this is correct. does the all-in ev line work properly?

im playing 0.5/1 omaha.. am i really running 11 BI under ev over the last 3,6k hands or do i miss something?

Johi
08-03-2009, 08:35 PM
sry here is the picture in appropiate size few hands later.

fozzy71
08-03-2009, 08:52 PM
You are correct,your winnings are far below what the EV shows you 'should have' won. If you play a lot of short-stacked games, or capped games, where you are getting into a lot of multi-way pots, that will skew the EV figures. HM can only calculate the EV on the street where all hands go all-in and are shown. If you go all-in, and other's continue to bet, or go all-in later, the EV can not be calculated properly.

Johi
08-04-2009, 05:37 AM
so does this mean the all-in EV is actually useless? i dont play short stacked games neither do i play capped games but in normal games there are still a lot of multiway all in pots and these pots are obviously the biggest pots you play.
so what does the EV show if the pot continues after someone is all in? i dont think these pots will be ignored by the EV line but what does it do then? giving just a wrong figure? this would be weird and makes the all-in EV line complete useless...

netsrak
08-04-2009, 05:59 AM
Some statements about all-in ev calculation:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9337
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12624
The calculations are made when nobody is able to make any more actions and 2 or more people are all-in.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=68

mrj3
12-02-2010, 08:32 AM
I have decided to import my hands to a different database.
Today I reckognized that my allin EV show a completely different result in one DB compared to the other.
I attached 2 pictutes of the results.
EG. SNG 46 show 24.22$ EV in one DB and 4.17$ in other one. It has the same amount of hands, and there was no error during importing.
Almost all the sngs have small difference in allinEV, but some have huge.
I import hands into 1 db while playing, then I import all my hands into another.
I play HU super turbo on FTP.

Any clue how it can happen?

mrj3
12-02-2010, 08:51 PM
up

Biju
12-03-2010, 02:49 PM
All in EV is even more of a long term, high hand sample, stat than most. I've come to the conclusion that in the short term, session to session or even day to day, it's a useless piece of info.

If you get AA v KK allin preflop you will either win the whole pot or lose the whole pot. In EV terms though you win 80% of the pot whatever the result. So you are either running 20% above EV or 80% below, having done the exact correct thing. It's not possible for the results to be anything else, so straight away on face value the results look skewed.

Remember too it's only calculated when you're all in. How many times in a session does this happen? Say it's four or five and you win them all as you got it in good each time and hold. You can be running several buy ins above EV and look like you are a total luckbox when you played perfectly. Lose a couple of AA v xx and the negative EV results look even worse as the swing is much higher.

Don't drive yourself crazy looking at your all in EV over the short term as it can never be on your win line.