PDA

View Full Version : hansd in database not taken into consideration

biblup
11-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi,

I am using HEM 1. I recently imported about 3 mil 100 nl ongame 6max hands. I know the hands were imported because I checked according to the method in PGAdmin and its ok. Also, the number of players in my database rose from 37K to 54K. So for sure the hands are imported. The problem is that it seems that they are not taken into consideration when displaying stats or getting fish list in PLAYERS tab. I know this because I played around with the filters and when I check only 0.5-1 I only get a small list of players that I already had hands with because of playing with them. Couldn't find one single hand of 100nl where I wasn't at the table (although there should be 3 mil). Also, when importing, I got a lot of errors. Is it possible that the hands are imported into the database (whose size grew accordingly) but cannot be used? How can I make use of the new 3 mil hands?

Thanks,
Cristi

Patvs
11-15-2011, 10:52 PM
What's the date range of these datamined hands?
All fairly recent hands?

During live play: hud options--> additional HUD filters--> check if you're using a last #months filter
In the PLAYERS tab: can you post a screenshot of the filters you're using?
(date range, min. hands, etc.)

Import errors: how many of the 3 million hands imported as errors approximately? Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
Try import them again into a new database. Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

biblup
11-16-2011, 07:53 AM
The date range is nov 6 - dec 9 2010. My filter in PLAYERS tab looks like this: cash games, all types, Hold'em, all stakes except 50nl are selected, players 3 to 6, date jan 2005 - dec 2011, min hands 100, vpip 40-100, "only show players playing now" not ticked, all poker sites, default stats.
The # of months filter in ad hud filters is set to 24.

I tried importing hands to a new database, and get about 5 or 6 errors per file.

I tried optimizing my main database, and got this error:
[11/16/2011 3:39 AM] Reading databases . . . .done
[11/16/2011 3:40 AM] Starting optimization
[11/16/2011 3:40 AM] Optimizing HEM...[11/16/2011 3:48 AM] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[11/16/2011 3:48 AM] error: at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[11/16/2011 3:48 AM] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

Now that I realised that these hands are so old, I would like to eliminate them from my main database. How can I go back to the initial database without the 3 mil 100 nl hands?

biblup
11-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Tried to purge from Options/Settings/Purge Hands, selected 0.5/1, checked do not delete hands played by myself, all site all dates, and found 0 hands to purge.

netsrak
11-17-2011, 07:01 AM
There may be something wrong in the structure of your database.
Please run a vacuum/full: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+
and after successful completion a reindex

biblup
11-17-2011, 07:05 AM
I ended up exporting all personal hands, deleting database, and creating 2 new databases: 1 which is the base clean database, where I imported all exported hands + observed HH, and another where I will first import new files so that I make sure they don't contain errors and corrupt my main database.

biblup
11-17-2011, 07:47 AM
[11/17/2011 1:27 PM] Reading databases . .done
[11/17/2011 1:36 PM] Starting optimization
[11/17/2011 1:36 PM] Optimizing HEM de BAZA...[11/17/2011 1:45 PM] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[11/17/2011 1:45 PM] error: at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[11/17/2011 1:45 PM] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

I tried optimizing the newly created database (where I imported over 1 mil hands with 0 errors) and get this message. What can I do?

netsrak
11-18-2011, 06:27 AM
This means that your postgresql installation doesn't support our optimization procedure.
But this is not really required. Its enough to run a vacuum and a reindex from time to time.