PDA

View Full Version : HM changes Monitor Resolution to Min. (Moved from QQA Thread)

crookedhat99
08-03-2009, 01:26 AM
Whenever I either start HEM, or click 'Start Auto Import', my screen goes to the minimal resolution.
Sometimes if it's starting HEM, then after a few seconds it automatically goes back to the normal resolution. If it's clicking 'Start Auto Import', I always have to manually readjust the resolution back to normal.

netsrak
08-03-2009, 03:22 AM
@2lostswords: please check your spam folder. Your contact is sales@holdemmanager.net.

@crookedhat99: please check Options->Miscellaneous options->Minimize to Task tray. It should be unchecked

crookedhat99
08-03-2009, 11:46 AM
@2lostswords: please check your spam folder. Your contact is sales@holdemmanager.net.

@crookedhat99: please check Options->Miscellaneous options->Minimize to Task tray. It should be unchecked

It's unchecked.

fozzy71
08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Whenever I either start HEM, or click 'Start Auto Import', my screen goes to the minimal resolution.
Sometimes if it's starting HEM, then after a few seconds it automatically goes back to the normal resolution. If it's clicking 'Start Auto Import', I always have to manually readjust the resolution back to normal.

It changes the actual monitor resolution?

crookedhat99
08-03-2009, 11:56 AM
It changes the actual monitor resolution?

Yea

fozzy71
08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Moved from QQA Thread, and I am sending it to the developers attention.

Rvg72
08-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I'd suggest download your latest video card drivers and if that does not fix it then see if you have any AHK scripts or other software that might do this. HM will not change your resolution on its own so pretty sure it is something else doing that and I guess HM is somehow triggering it when it goes into auto import

Roy

bennymacca
04-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I'd suggest download your latest video card drivers and if that does not fix it then see if you have any AHK scripts or other software that might do this. HM will not change your resolution on its own so pretty sure it is something else doing that and I guess HM is somehow triggering it when it goes into auto import

Roy

this also happens to me too, and i confirm that it started happening after i installed the latest update. i am 100% sure it is HEM that is doing it too

Sarek
04-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Please post screenshots - Before and after this happens.

bennymacca
05-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Please post screenshots - Before and after this happens.

im not really sure what sort of screen shot you want - i literally open up HEM, and after the splash screen disappears, the resolution of the screen changes and is set to the minimum. i run 2 monitors, and it only does it on my main monitor.

Patvs
05-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Go to Program Files/RVG Software/HoldemManager/
rightclick on holdemmanager.exe--> properties--> compatibility tab---> turn on "run this program as administrator"
turn off: "run in 640x480 /disable desktop composition / disable display scaling, etc.

If that doesn't resolve it, try to run the program in compatibility mode for
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or XP Service Pack 3

bennymacca
05-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi,

This still doesn't change anything. All of the settings you had listed were turned off, and i tried compatibility mode for both XP and Vista and they both didn't fix the problem.

(see attachment for the settings i have used)

fozzy71
05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Make sure windows is fully updated and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Update your graphics drivers - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/362/HowToUpdateYourGraphicsCardDriver

Please give HoldemManager Administrator rights -

1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Right-click the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator".
4) Do the same for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Set exceptions in the firewall and disable windows defender completely - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems

restart your pc

If you still have the problem:

From your Windows "Start" button, select "Run..."

Type DXDIAG in the "Open:" field and hit Enter.

DXDIAG will start, and may display a prompt that begins "Do you want to allow DxDiag to check if your drivers are digitally signed..." Answer "Yes" to this query if it appears.

A window entitled "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" appears, and in the lower left corner, a progress meter begins to advance towards the right as DXDIAG collects information relating to the system's hardware and Windows component configuration.

When the progress indicator disappears, hit the "Save All Information" button. Save this file as DXDIAG.TXT where it can be easily located. By default, DXDIAG will place this file on the Desktop.

Note: If you do not see a button that allows you to save the output, you will need to log on to Windows as the Administrator.

Attach this file to an email. Please email it, with a link to this thread, to support@holdemmanager.com

bennymacca
05-08-2011, 09:31 PM
thanks, i will give that a try and get back to you