PDA

View Full Version : HUD sporadically not updating.

HowdyDoodee
11-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Creating new ticket.

Never had this problem before. Definitely is distracting (and tilting) during play on PS.

*Happens sporadically. no pattern seen.
*HUD misses some pots (even though they are in the reports)
*table manager does not update winnings/losses during session (when HUD starts messing up)
*sometimes it stops updating HUD and then starts again
!!!! and this one is weird. my opponents stats will change -- like it does not account for all hands. Then it remembers.

1. this started happening after I updated to newest version 1.12.05
2. rebuilt database according to other instructions.

EDIT: updating to beta .06. already checked permissions
EDIT-2: still missing big pots -- but handhistories are showing up in the reports.

Windows 7

Patvs
11-15-2011, 03:22 AM
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
Windows 7 is updated to service pack 1 and has all .net framework updates installed?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

HowdyDoodee
11-19-2011, 01:56 AM
I have done all of the above. However, I do not agree with the last suggestion -- to "turn off User Account Control". That is a very bad suggestion. You guys want me to turn off my UAC just so I can use HEM? Doesn't sound right.

I never had this problem (2 years) until upgrading to 1.12.05 (now using .06)

I am still missing some pots in the HUD. WHY would permissions be a problem when it is just a couple of big pots that go missing?

NOTE: I will continue watching it and post further information on this bug with the HUD.

Patvs
11-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
How did you rebuild the database?

Create a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager
and run a import from folder on your archive folder.

--

If you don't want to turn off UAC, just make sure holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe do have super user administrator privileges by changing their properties.