PDA

View Full Version : Purging Hand Histories Problem

ash0803
08-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Hi

I am using HEM 1.09 beta 20 on Vista 32 with UAC off

I am trying to do some sort of tidy up of my database. I ran a purge first to delete some old hand histories completely and that was fine.

Next I wanted to delete all observed hand histories excluding the ones I was involved in. I got the connection timeout so I dug around the forums and decided to make the filter more aggressive until it finally seemed to work over the last 2 days or so.

So HEM asked me if I wanted to delete the 7k odd hands that were marked for deletion and I said yes. I haven't done the purge yet but when I try to do the same purge using the same filter settings HEM tells me that there are 7k hands for deletion again. Surely these should have disappeared.

FWIW the purge from within HEM doesn't work.. it just says there's an error and I should do it manually

netsrak
08-03-2009, 04:55 AM
You mean the Vacuum? This is a common problem, use pgadmin instead: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163

The purge has nothing to do with the vacuum so your 7k hands should be gone after completing the purge. I suggest you try it again.

ash0803
08-03-2009, 04:57 AM
You mean the Vacuum? This is a common problem, use pgadmin instead: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163

The purge has nothing to do with the vacuum so your 7k hands should be gone after completing the purge. I suggest you try it again.

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying that after deleting the hands nothing happens until it is purged? As I cannot delete more than 2 days at a time are you saying that I have to
(1) Purge 2 days
(2) Vacuum
(3) Repeat

until I have got through all my hands?

Cheers

netsrak
08-03-2009, 06:36 AM
No thats not what i'm trying to say.

I mean the purge has nothing to do with the vacuum.

- purge hands for 2 days then they should be gone. The problem can be triggered by a full harddisk.

- the vacuum is just an optimisation you can do sometimes

ash0803
08-03-2009, 07:26 AM
No thats not what i'm trying to say.

I mean the purge has nothing to do with the vacuum.

- purge hands for 2 days then they should be gone. The problem can be triggered by a full harddisk.

- the vacuum is just an optimisation you can do sometimes

Yes that's how I understood it to work before. After I purge the 2 days they are still there. I do not have a full disk at the moment.. actually quite a bit spare. I am just trying to tidy it up. Any suggestions?

netsrak
08-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry but that is not a common problem. So i guess you are just doing something wrong. Could you please post a screenshot of your purge options? Maybe that gives a hint.

ash0803
08-03-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry but that is not a common problem. So i guess you are just doing something wrong. Could you please post a screenshot of your purge options? Maybe that gives a hint.

I'm pretty sure what I'm doing is correct as I have done it multiple times in the past before.

Just in case this helps, previously I used postgresql 8.2 before doing a complete backup and a restore onto postgresql 8.4 where everything has seemed to be working fine until now.

Is there a chance at getting the SQL statement that does the purge? So I can have a hack myself if you have no ideas?

Cheers

netsrak
08-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Please ask support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread.

ash0803
08-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Please ask support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread.

I have emailed them but not received a reply yet. Meanwhile I checked the sql log file in the HEM log folder and found this error everytime I performed a purge

The Error: ERROR: 42P01: table "temppurge" does not exist

Occurred when running ExecuteNonQuery with this query: DROP TABLE temppurge

Wonder if this helps narrow down the problem.

cheers

netsrak
08-03-2009, 02:24 PM
temppurge is a table in the Holdemmanager database. Did you have any problems with your database, your harddisk or sth. else?

I would suggest to create a new database and reimport all the hands.

ash0803
08-03-2009, 03:16 PM
temppurge is a table in the Holdemmanager database. Did you have any problems with your database, your harddisk or sth. else?

I would suggest to create a new database and reimport all the hands.

No I haven't had any problems before at all with my database or hard disk. I don't really want to export all the hands as I'll lose a lot of stats that I use but I guess there may not be a choice. I will have a go thanks

ash0803
08-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Ok, I have spent many many hours exporting and reimporting all of my hands into a new database. I literally spent over 48 hrs just importing the hands.

So I tried purging observed hand histories again. To start with I only purged a few days to see what happened. I turned all the filters off except hero's name so I wanted everything deleted in the last few days except hands involving hero. It told me there were about 9k hands to delete. I clicked yes and confirmed.

I tried exactly the same thing again, but this time it said there were 6k hands and again I clicked yes and confirmed. I tried one more time and again there were 6k hands. So from these results I gather that the message that tells me how many hands were to be deleted is not accurate. But obviously something was deleted in the first attempt.

Anyway, I thought well, maybe its doing its job but just not reporting the results properly. I then tried a to filter out a few more days and waited over an hr just to receive the connection timeout message.

What can I do about it? I import a lot of data mined hands but if I don't have a usuable purge function the DB will become super bloated very soon. Please help. I have tried to include as many details as possible to assist

netsrak
08-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Please post the utilization of your harddisk and where you installed Postgresql (C:, D: ....)

ash0803
08-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Please post the utilization of your harddisk and where you installed Postgresql (C:, D: ....)

I'm not sure by utilization of harddisk. How do you want me to check that? I installed Postgresql into the default directory which is C:\program files\postgresql

netsrak
08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I mean how full are your partitions

ash0803
08-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I mean how full are your partitions

There's still 120GB free on the C drive. I only use one partition

netsrak
08-06-2009, 03:18 AM
I'm out of ideas.

Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

ash0803
08-06-2009, 04:28 AM
I'm out of ideas.

Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session.

Ok then thanks for your help. I will try emailing Fabio