PDA

View Full Version : HUD - Ability to have always visible stats in a grid, so they line up

Oracle3001
11-14-2011, 06:22 PM
It is something that annoyed me / found very distracting with HEM and it appears to be the same for HEM2. AFAIK, there doesn't seem an easy way to set the always visible portion of the HUD such that it is in a grid, and as a result the stats never line up neatly.

All the pop-ups are based around putting stats / text in a grid, so would it be possible to have that for the visible element?

Furthermore, another useful feature would be to have the ability to have both stat prefixes (currently called abbreviations) and suffixes. For instance, I find it far easier to have say the # of hands wrapped in brackets.

a.k.a.Also
11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
There is a workaround for the brackets in HM2, it's how I display the Malkovitch NC stats in the hud. It just needs a redundant stat to the right so that just the Abbreviation shows.

I agree with the grid aspect completely, having spent a fair bit of time messing around trying to get it to work in HM1.
Unfortunately it's not going to be very high up the todo list at this stage in development but I'll certainly add my +1 to it as a feature request.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-suggestions/61861-formatting-tweak-request.html

Oracle3001
11-14-2011, 06:58 PM
I think I see what you have done there.

In relation to the grid, I think you are really missing a trick there when it comes to the visible element. I have yet to see anybodies HEM HUD that has more than a handful of stats that looks really neat and tidy. Pretty much every serious player's setup I have seen is a right old mess. Which is a shame, when there is all the functionality there for the popups.

a.k.a.Also
11-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Yeah I quite agree, some look a horrendous jumble.

I edited my previous post with an old link, and here's the other one where I was experimenting.
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/share-your-hud-configurations/55791-grid-style-layout.html

Oracle3001
11-14-2011, 07:05 PM
I have copied your workaround for the brackets and I am getting a "-" sign, I assume to indicate no value for stat. How do I get rid of that...I assume I have missed part of your trick.

Edit:- Worked it out.

How did you managed to get the grid-esque setup?

a.k.a.Also
11-15-2011, 01:10 PM
For the column headings I just did the same with a redundant stat abbreviation.
For the rows just use spaces in the abbreviation box to shift the stats along.
Unfortunately alignment is always going to be an issue without leading zeros.

udbrky
11-17-2011, 06:28 PM
With HUD Panels, you can use the HUD Alignment in mucked cards to align your panels.

a.k.a.Also
11-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Sorry I meant vertical alignment of columns within in a single panel. The screenshot linked in #2 explains what issues there were/are. Obv this was in HM1, I haven't started experimenting with this sort of HUD with HM2 yet. Simple things like stretching the abbreviation box (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/142831-hud-redesign-possible-bug.html) would help as well though;)

udbrky
11-18-2011, 10:40 PM
I passed this along to be looked into.

aenetomic
11-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Yes plz. A grid / Columns and rows for HUD stats is a must. The popups have a new kind of grid setup & that works great.