PDA

View Full Version : HUD is slowing my computer down

langejan
11-14-2011, 04:26 PM
I play on Stars and my table layout is stacked.

When I play multiple tables and HEM imports hands I can easily watch movies on my computer as well in Windows Media Player. As soon as I turn on the HUD the video is flickering and cant keep up the pace.

So its clearly that the HUD is the problem for me.

My setup:

2,4 Ghz Dualcore Intel processor, 3GB RAM, fast HD with lots of space. Using newest driver for my AMD 4300 videocard.

Windows 7 32-bit. Most graphic options disabled. Running HEM in high priority in task manager. Using HEM 1.12.06

What can I do to make the HUD less ressource deamanding?

Patvs
11-15-2011, 03:14 AM
Is your 'fast HD' a regular 7200 RPM harddisk or a solid state disk?
How large is your database: estimate in millions of hands, or in GB (the size of the PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder)
Do you stack more than 12 tables?

Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?
And which PostgreSQL version?

langejan
11-15-2011, 02:49 PM
HD: 10.000 RPM S-ATA. Not solid-state.

Brand new database.

It lags with a single table as well.

Using MSE and Windows Firewall.

PSQL 8.4.

As a sidenote I have tried with PT3 and the HUD works fine for me with 15 tables stacked.

Patvs
11-15-2011, 08:50 PM
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

--

In HoldemManager--> hud options--> player preferences--> appearance tab--> turn the opacity slider all the way to the right